[GUI] Gen5 Inspired Theme

On 8/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, TooManyLuigis said:

My first theme. This is heavily inspired by the menu designs from BW & B2W2 so you will get that gen5 look.

Includes new menus/buttons/tabs/backgrounds/trainer card and new HP bar designs for battle.

K3jVkY2.png

MdPU4hJ.png

hHoqSTE.png

1u7CaNZ.png

Hope you all enjoy it!

Download updated 22/01/20:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l81n38cmk3pyoyu/Gen5+theme.rar/file

is it for Android

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

...I was going to take this theme and revise it to be a combination of this and the system dark mode. How much work does it take to properly update a theme? I don't mind making my edit public (with credit where credit's due, of course), but if there's interest for what I'd be doing, I won't be uploading an update to this version here, unless OP is okay with that, considering they were last online on the eighth, unless the user profile displays are timed weird.

• 1 month later...

For some reason the items menu while fighting doesn't work or its messed up? idk , this is the first theme that does it for me for some random reason 😕

But it looks awesome outside of this tiny glitch , and i learned how to navigate...somehow , so its just a minor covenience for me rn , but it would be awesome if i could fix it somehow? idk

Great theme , very much vibing with it
image.png.5e905e60eb861379d38819a9e50b0dfc.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, ActualBlueBlu said:

For some reason the items menu while fighting doesn't work or its messed up? idk , this is the first theme that does it for me for some random reason 😕

But it looks awesome outside of this tiny glitch , and i learned how to navigate...somehow , so its just a minor covenience for me rn , but it would be awesome if i could fix it somehow? idk

having the exact same problem with a completely different theme, i wonder whats going on

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exactly the theme I wanted to use, but man, took some time to get this theme working at all. So far, the windows to confirm trades doesn't pop-up and softlocks the game until the other person cancels the trade. When in battle, your items menu doesn't seem to show up at all, but if you hit left and right you can go through all the "bag slots?" and you use up and down to select different items in those slots, but it only shows the icons and no text, so no idea how many of an item I have. I've been trying to figure out how to get some of this stuff to work but I have no clue as of right now. Might try to fix it for myself, but that seems like a lot. 

3 hours ago, cdymrtn said:

Exactly the theme I wanted to use, but man, took some time to get this theme working at all. So far, the windows to confirm trades doesn't pop-up and softlocks the game until the other person cancels the trade. When in battle, your items menu doesn't seem to show up at all, but if you hit left and right you can go through all the "bag slots?" and you use up and down to select different items in those slots, but it only shows the icons and no text, so no idea how many of an item I have. I've been trying to figure out how to get some of this stuff to work but I have no clue as of right now. Might try to fix it for myself, but that seems like a lot. 

This is unfortunately why I tell people not to use themes developed on deprecated revisions.

Themes need to be diff checked against default files every official update, otherwise they end up missing entire modules and portions of the game.

It's very easy to update these, simply diff check the theme's xmls against the latest default copies and add the changed / missing blocks.

2 hours ago, nurver9 said:

This is unfortunately why I tell people not to use themes developed on deprecated revisions.

Themes need to be diff checked against default files every official update, otherwise they end up missing entire modules and portions of the game.

It's very easy to update these, simply diff check the theme's xmls against the latest default copies and add the changed / missing blocks.

I was actually able to get everything working again on my own. Took a few hours to cross check everything, that is what I assumed needed done with the xml files and they might've been missing new additions from updates to the game. So confirming trades works again, and selecting items during a battle works properly again. Not sure if I fixed anything else, but I tried to add everything new to the files and didn't get an error in the console or when loading the game. I did however change an asset image since I wanted the currently selected item in the PokeMart to be brighter than the rest of the buttons, I used a controller mostly. 

I really like this theme to the point where I just wanted it to work, lol.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:31 PM, ActualBlueBlu said:

I am not really into this theme personally, however this was an issue on my Pokemon Stadium Theme. As a result of this and some additional changes on PokeMMO, I decided to work on the GUI in terms of the files. As of now, it is modernized. Let me know if you any further assistance with this GUI as I now have a folder of it for troubleshooting.

If you are a GUI author and the same issue is present, then swap out the Battle UI with the Default Battle UI to fix the Item Box issue.

https://mega.nz/folder/eBNH1JqT#eSjjpkUQFScoKbizZXeulQ

Spoiler

I do not have a MediaFire account, so I cannot upload it there. However, if someone has that, feel free to upload the folder there to be downloaded.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Apemon7 said:

Crashes on PC menu if it even loads properly. 😕

You know how to update it? Maybe its not exactly but if you copy the "default" theme and paste the images from the "res" folder of this theme, copy those from this theme to the new default theme you just did and should be working, Im planing to work again on updates after Johto comes out and gets stable on the server

6 hours ago, budadeth said:

You know how to update it? Maybe its not exactly but if you copy the "default" theme and paste the images from the "res" folder of this theme, copy those from this theme to the new default theme you just did and should be working, Im planing to work again on updates after Johto comes out and gets stable on the server

man the boxes are bugged can you fix it or can you tell me what I do to disable the boxes to leave it in the default?

1 hour ago, mmofan said:

man the boxes are bugged can you fix it or can you tell me what I do to disable the boxes to leave it in the default?

I believe what budadeth has described will work, the issue is you cannot replace pc-window.png using the original theme's image. A simple fix would to copy pc-window.png from default into your new theme's folder.

16 hours ago, mmofan said:

If you did what I said it should work, but now the boxes dont have a background as an image like before, like this old theme