Giratina battle

2 minutes ago, FighterChamp said:

Please Describe your PROBLEM.......

Ehrm...triple battle..."???s"..."miasma"..."drag below"...the absurd stats of Giratina... I can go on the whole day.

2 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

You're right, it's too easy.

I'm not saying it's easy... I'm saying it's wrong.

2 hours ago, superpichu999 said:

I thought the giratina fight was cool. It's also could be a hint to how legendary fights will be in dungeons when they release next century.

Do you mean as sort of a raid battle? It's kinda cool from this perspective...

I meant that this should have been the battle for a kinda-obtainable legendary pokemon and was transformed into something completely different from the concept of the original game.

Maybe a raid battle against a powered up boss -without inexistent moves or some sort of strange nonsense minions- could be a great idea to solve the legendaries problem;

thanks for the hint btw ^^

I thought it was cool, certainly wasn't expecting it 

My problem with this game was that it was just the vanilla games with level caps and added difficulty so i was getting annoyed to have to beat the stories yet again and this was like a breath of fresh air 

10 hours ago, superpichu999 said:

I thought the giratina fight was cool. It's also could be a hint to how legendary fights will be in dungeons when they release next century.

Stay tuned to the Roy Rogers News channel for the Sinnoh Walkthrough. However, this update has given me a break from taping Sinnoh. Once the event is over, then I can continue taping Sinnoh and eventually do a face off against the Giratina (but, that won't be for a few more episodes).

I honestly loved what they did with Giratina. Definitely didn't expect it, and it was quite hard (although I managed it quite easily with Torterra, Gastrodon and Honchkrow). I lost only once, came back with the optimal strategy, and executed it the second time. It was thrilling, but it worked out pretty well.

If you want some advice:

Spoiler

- put a tank in the middle, either Ice, Grass or Water to deal with the ground enemies. Torterra is excellent for that role: high defense, it can use Leech Seed on a ground enemy (not Giratina, it doesn't work for some reason), and it has Razor Leaf to hit both ground enemies at the same time.

- always hit Giratina (either use moves with multiple targets, or ignore the ground enemies with every other Pokemon except your tank), and only with super effective moves (Ice, Dragon, Dark, Ghost). It is resistant, but if you hit it with two or three moves each turn, it compensates for that.

- don't despair, dude! It's honestly doable.

6 hours ago, Archiver said:

I need to know, has someone managed to Sketch Giratina's signature move with a Smeargle?

I want one for collection purposes. But I already finished the story and I don't feel like replaying it on a different character.

If you're looking to Sketch Shadow Force, some Arceus builds have it and those actually are sketchable.

Literally he has such a valid point about how OP the Giratina battle is and y'all are trying to tip your fedoras and act like it's easy... I'm unimpressed for real I could care less about your gameplay. Thank you for validating it wasn't a problem for your IV farming self and that it's actually effecting my casual walk through. 

On 1/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, GaloisField said:

Devs for once do something new, but of course there's always someone complaining and crying...

Lmao the amount of people i see continuously going back to the Giratina battle is amazing I'm so proud that you were able to overcome it and I'm so so so dearly sorry that this new battle has backlash.

Yeah, I've never completed Sinnoh's story before, and I beat it first try too. I don't play PvP either. My MVP was a normal ass starmie and surf OHKO'd both of those ??? rock things (whatever the hell those were supposed to be..), then I was free to focus on Giratina alone. I also used a garchomp, luxray & feraligatr and just stuck to super effective moves the whole time. The other 2 pokes in my party I didn't use at all, because one was above the level cap and the other had no killing moves (a smeargle in case of random shiny). It's worth noting that all 4 of the pokes that I actually did use were exactly at the level cap.

When Unova was released, a bunch of ppl came on forums saying the story was too hard with the fancy new level caps. Then a staff member proved that you could beat the story using only a team of average spindas, and it quieted everyone down for the most part. I'm sure if this situation prompts enough complaints, they will do the same thing, but I highly doubt they will make it any easier. PokeMMO is supposed to be slightly harder than the average games.

If you're having this much trouble, I'd suggest taking a break to level up a bit before attempting it again, especially since the puzzle in the distortion world is such an annoying waste of time. Use some hordes or grind wherever the highest wild encounters are until you reach your level cap on each of your pokemon before returning, and maybe buy some revives/healing items while down from the mointain. Even in normal games, grinding is often required. Also, if you have a poke with an AOE move (surf for example), put it 2nd in your party before the battle so that it's in the middle position during battle, and as a result you can hit both of those ??? things at the same time.

There's no reason that anyone should get so rekt during this battle that they literally can't complete the story. If that means having to go down the mountain and grind a bit or training up a few extra pokemon before returning, do it up, but it's completely possible to beat using 4 to 6 average IV pokemon.

The concept was not to complain about the difficulty (because it's NOT difficult at all), it seemed to me just...strange.

I played the original games many times and the Giratina battle felt just not right to me; don't get me wrong, as I said the concept of stronger legendaries and those kinda-raid battle are fun and even a nice fresh touch to the game just... please don't try to justify the ??? thing and the absurd moves of Giratina 'cuz they are just absurd and mainly useless.

And please stop with the "I beat it at first attempt without any problem, you others suck!1!!11!!" thing because we don't gaf. I don't go around saying that I beated the gym leaders and e4 of all regions at first attempt with my casual team (mainly beacause I'm honest and I honestly dind't) just to do a good impression. The battle was tricky and it's perfectly normal if someone not prepared for a battle like that had troubles beating Giratina, maybe even trying to catch him like a PokeMMO noob (my fault ^^).

• 3 years later...

the complete wrong thing is you have to rewalk all the dungeon to fight again, and if your team is not good (my case, but i'm still trying) you have to walk again all to the top of mt. coronet, after going to change your party

still not as wrong as the reshiram battle in unova

Edited by ronarid

i'm not talking about that. i want to search cheap pokemons with bad evs training (so they are cheaper) just when i need them, like now. or even the good trained, lets say i search some vaporeon, i have to check thousands of them in the gtl to find the cheaper that has evs in sp.atk, or just that has enough evs to be useful even if is just a trash with no ivs nor nature