Hover over a friend's name and have a pop-up appear showing where they're at

NickLetts

Question

20 answers to this question

Just going to point out you can actually do that if they have discord running. Check their profile while they’re playing and normally you can see it. 
unless there is another background program running like Spotify. ^^
nice suggestion though. 

I don't think it's a good idea. I mean, everyone is entitled to their privacy. 

I don't like the idea that someone will always know where I am. Plus events like hide and seek will no longer be possible unless you want to go through the hassle of unfriending and friending all the time. 

Edit: Adding a privacy option does sound like a good idea, but I'm skeptical on whether people would actually use the feature often. 

Edited by EricRasp

I really like this idea. It gives a bit more of a use for friending people; and with the addition of a privacy option, it will enable people to play by their own preference. I think additionally it should be automatically enabled that it doesn't tell other players where they are, and that they should have to enable it first. This way, people who like Eric said previously are uncomfortable with their location being blasted out to their friends at their friends leisure won't have to all go in and change the setting and rather, should enable it as they would see fit.

2 hours ago, NickLetts said:

And look. Still not a feature despite interest. No doubt...

But this still got put in the game:

I believed votes are just votes, just for players to show if they liked this idea

No one says high votes will 100%be implemented

On 3/2/2021 at 2:53 PM, Heartdust said:

and u can use /dnd to hide your location too~

but yeah 100% when i play with my friends i want to know where they are~ we are doing the adventure together~
and link can be more usefull

This guy gets it.

I suggested this month/years ago and would second this any time.

So i guess it will take 3 more of this threads till the pokemmo team will notice, as usual.

It is beyond me why we can see this as status on discord but not ingame itself. 

I may add that this would be great for Team's too. So you gotta see where your team mates are, too. 

Edited by Johnwaynee
On 7/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, Kole said:

It would probably destroy hide and seek events ?

However will allow us to discover more easily people that are using some external programs to Shinyhunt, and don't tell our location to hide himself.

Can not only be useful to help us to find our friends, but for us help staff to punish players that are violating game rules

Edited by caioxlive13