Automated Tournaments

EricRasp

Question

I understand that this idea cannot be implemented anytime soon, but I would like to plant a seed of thought in your minds. 

The suggestion is to make Automated tournaments public. Now, what I mean is to allow team leaders to conduct tournaments for their team or maybe an inter-team scrimmage of sorts. 

I believe that if this idea were real, we will see huge usage and help players have fun while learning about the ins and outs of pvp. 

Now, I understand that this feature cannot just be made available. My other combined suggestion is to let team leaders book appointments with mods and co-host it alongside the mods or cms. 

This way there will always be supervision so things can't go wrong. Of course, the team leader should send the prizes to the co-host mod/cm. 

The main idea behind this suggestion is to improve the team experience and keep it fun for all involved. Official tournaments can be quite daunting and cutthroat which is why these kinds of unofficial tournaments could elevate the player experience. 

Cheers :) 

4 answers to this question

I've had nothing but negative experiences when trying to create automated tournaments, so having yet another feature that requires staff approval/assistance is just a no from me. If you can work with them & find a middle ground that allows us to create automated tournaments completely on our own, I'd be up for it.

4 hours ago, FighterChamp said:

Great idea. But it need time, also we need 150+ members on team first,  if we wanna run 128 ppl tournament.

Not necessarily. We've seen LC tourney's with just 16 participants so I don't think numbers would be an issue.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

I've had nothing but negative experiences when trying to create automated tournaments, so having yet another feature that requires staff approval/assistance is just a no from me. If you can work with them & find a middle ground that allows us to create automated tournaments completely on our own, I'd be up for it.

My initial idea was to let the team leadership have access to that feature but I realized that the devs might not be too thrilled about that. So, as a compromise, I suggested to let it be run in partnership with the staff. 

Another idea would be to pick a select group of players and create a new role as 'Player tournament organizers'. They would ultimately be supervised by the staff but the fact that it is players who you have to be in contact with will make the line of communication easier. Kinda like a middleman. However, it sounds like a lot of work so I'm pretty sure this idea will never see the light of day.