A kind of warning when you hit a shiny encounter

JGus

Question

Hello, I would like to propose something, well, more than a "suggestion" it would be like a question ... I mean, I would like to read why they do not implement something similar to what I show in this photo

TESTFINAL.png.52049fbf42ce266f1fc49ad5065103b0.png

What I'm trying to imply is to receive a kind of warning when we want to escape from a shiny Pokémon, to use as a basis the message that comes out when you want to log out ... Not the best edition (actually I don't like how it is) But you understand my idea, and yes, I know there are several ways to avoid escaping from a brilliant ... There is the 3D Battle HD Sprites mod (many MOD examples), or just pay attention to the color, the particles and the sound ( if it's active), but when I have PokeMMO in the background what do I mean by background? Well, in this other photo I show you what I want to say ...

2doplan.thumb.png.91cfe07b1195cd088dbf4e55cd3af517.png

Well, that's what I mean, but it would really be a screen split ... You understand me ... And I think looking for brightness can be boring, and that's why I do this, splitting the screen, with other games, YouTube , Netflix, Anime, etc ... And when doing this I escaped from a Shiny Deino (I had MOD activated), and it also happened to my friend kodigox, with a Shiny Mudkip, (His loss hurt me, I was also inspired by him to this) this is the photo of the Shiny Mudkip

1548085919_Shinyun.thumb.png.52fc3d5e145db02450d21d0e66d3d8bd.png

(It can be seen in the chat, battle tag) The point is ... Also, for me it's a good idea, that is, I don't see how this could affect the game ... (I see it as a good contribution), but i don't know, they will have their reasons i guess, now my question is ... can this really affect the game? Isn't it really a good idea to implement something like this? Personally, I think it would be nice, but not necessary, but if it doesn't directly affect the game in a negative way ... why not do it like this, thanks for your time ;) 

(If I'm wrong about something, I'm Spanish and all this is written with the translator ...)

6 answers to this question

Honestly you already have a lot of factors that warn you on shiny encounters

- You have a shiny Particle animation

- A shiny particle sound

- It has "Shiny" before it's name

It's another color

I get your point, but adding a button for confirmation when you try to run from a shiny encounter would only make it easier for people running bots to execute their program better, I'm afraid.

As a fellow shiny hunter, I really like the idea of a warning :) 
In order to be able to do other things but still know when you encounter a shiny, here are somethings you can do:

• Go to Settings -> Sound -> Uncheck the option to mute music when on another tab, and lower the "Battle SFX Panning" to 0% so you can hear the shiny animation sound from both earpieces:
    330945804_ScreenShot2020-07-19at3_13_04PM.thumb.png.f991c2178d9d355aacfd6d5410dbf101.png
    (remember to save!)
  • The shiny animation is only a sound effect, so you can lower the Music Volume and System Effects Volume to 0% if you don't want to hear the background music (or do this next suggestion)
  • If you don't want to hear the cries of pokémon or battle/background music, you can make your own "music mod", essentially replacing the music or cries with audio files with no music. To tell what background music is playing, you can type the command "/bgm" in chat and it will tell you what music it is playing. 
    However, music mods can't replace all the sounds played by the client, such as bumping into walls, the sound when walking through grass, or the ball being thrown and releasing a pokémon. (which i wish we can change)

These will essentially help you isolate the shiny animation sound, but you still have to hear it. 

If you really want to make the shiny noticeable, you can make a custom sprite mod that will make all the shinies very eye-catching:
kljh.thumb.png.980d1ef6bc029f0b11d38de51d0ede89.png

*FYI this is just a demonstration - I haven't make anything like this, but it is plausible. And it is effective from a practical standpoint.

These are basically some more things you can go out of the way to help noticing shinies, and as much as I would love your suggestion to be a feature, this guy put it real nice and simple:

17 minutes ago, HerickJS said:

Honestly you already have a lot of factors that warn you on shiny encounters

- You have a shiny Particle animation

- A shiny particle sound

- It has "Shiny" before it's name

It's another color

I get your point, but adding a button for confirmation when you try to run from a shiny encounter would only make it easier for people running bots to execute their program better, I'm afraid.

So I guess you can do some extreme things like I mentioned, but you already have a lot to work with. And seriously, that feature would make botting way easier - it would actually be helping the bots by keeping them from running from a shiny, and that static display/window would be much easier to detect than an animation/gif, or the text "Shiny" on a large region of the screen before running, basically making the time it takes to process each encounter/horde much easier + quicker.

On 19/7/2020 at 19:41, TheBirdLord said:

Como compañero cazador brillante, me gusta mucho la idea de una advertencia :) 
Para poder hacer otras cosas pero saber cuándo te encuentras con un brillante, aquí tienes algunas cosas que puedes hacer:

• Vaya a Configuración -> Sonido -> Desmarque  la opción para silenciar la música cuando esté en otra pestaña, y baje "Battle SFX Panning" al 0% para que pueda escuchar el sonido de animación brillante de ambos auriculares: (¡recuerde guardar!)
    330945804_ScreenShot2020-07-19at3_13_04PM.thumb.png.f991c2178d9d355aacfd6d5410dbf101.png
  • La animación brillante es  solo un efecto de sonido , por lo que puede bajar el Volumen de la música y el Volumen de los efectos del sistema al 0% si no desea escuchar la música de fondo (o haga la siguiente sugerencia).
  • Si no quieres escuchar los gritos de Pokémon o la música de fondo / batalla, puedes  crear tu propio "mod de música",  esencialmente  reemplazando la música o los gritos  con archivos de audio sin música.  Para saber qué música de fondo se está reproduciendo, puede escribir el comando "/ bgm" en el chat y le dirá qué música está reproduciendo. 
    Sin embargo, los mods de música no pueden reemplazar  todos  los sonidos reproducidos por el cliente, como chocar contra las paredes, el sonido al caminar por la hierba o el lanzamiento de la pelota y la liberación de un pokémon. (que deseo que  podamos  cambiar)

Básicamente, estos te ayudarán a aislar el sonido brillante de la animación, pero aún debes escucharlo. 

Si realmente quieres que el brillo se note, puedes hacer un mod de sprite personalizado que hará que todos los brillos sean  muy llamativos :
kljh.thumb.png.980d1ef6bc029f0b11d38de51d0ede89.png

* Para su información, esto es solo una demostración: no he hecho nada como esto, pero es plausible. Y es eficaz desde un punto de vista práctico.

Estas son básicamente algunas cosas más que puede hacer para ayudar a notar los brillos, y por mucho que me encantaría que su sugerencia fuera una característica, este tipo lo expresó de manera muy agradable y simple:

Así que supongo que puedes hacer algunas cosas extremas como mencioné, pero ya tienes mucho con lo que trabajar. Y, en serio, esa característica facilitaría mucho el botteo; en realidad,  ayudaría a los bots  al evitar que se ejecuten desde un brillo, y esa pantalla / ventana estática sería mucho más fácil de detectar que una animación / gif, o el texto "Shiny "en una gran región de la pantalla antes de ejecutarse, lo que básicamente hace que el tiempo que lleva procesar cada encuentro / horda sea mucho más fácil y rápido.

What is this mod?