PSL XIII - PokeMMO Super League Season 13; Congratulations to the Empoleon Bonapartists

59 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I also think that assistant manager is a good idea, we had multiple situations in the past when manager could not show up during draft and someone else was doing this for him. In that kind of situation, such person could be extremely useful. 

We have a long draft though, so this is a non-problem for us. It's also a bit late to look at this option when signups start tomorrow. A team captain fulfils a similair role as well.

Edited by ThinkNicer
On 8/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, LifeStyleNORE said:

Maybe it's a bit late for this but what if we have Manager + Assistant Manager this once? I know a lot of experienced people who won't want to play but would be interested in managing. Some would be even more interested in doing it with a friend. 

So basically the signup could be close to

Manager: 

Assistant:

Team Name: (I guess just cuz when people don't get chosen we never know what might of been) 

Achievements:

Etc:

Unfortunately yes, I believe its a bit too late. However, just to be clear, is there any difference between an "Assistant" or any player that is assigned captain or even assigned for manager duties temporarily? 

PS: As I was writing, I realized managers are not always able to buy the friends they were willing to co-manage. That could be interesting for as long as it is not necessary.

thoughts? @ThinkNicer, or anyone else that wants to give input.

PS2: Maybe not too late. 

Edited by pachima
2 hours ago, pachima said:

Unfortunately yes, I believe its a bit too late. However, just to be clear, is there any difference between an "Assistant" or any player that is assigned captain or even assigned for manager duties temporarily? 

PS: As I was writing, I realized managers are not always able to buy the friends they were willing to co-manage. That could be interesting for as long as it is not necessary.

thoughts? @ThinkNicer, or anyone else that wants to give input.

PS2: Maybe not too late. 

It's just the same deal you see in big smogon team tournaments, 2 team managers signup together instead of one. Helps if 1 of them suddenly goes MIA (looking at predakiller) and removes that extra pressure on the captain (whose job is certainly not the one of a manager, unlike what some people seem to think). 

And also, both manager and co-manager can't play matches. 

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spl-xi-manager-signups.3656123/post-8296142

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
8 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

It's just the same deal you see in big smogon team tournaments, 2 team managers signup together instead of one. Helps if 1 of them suddenly goes MIA (looking at predakiller) and removes that extra pressure on the captain (whose job is certainly not the one of a manager, unlike what some people seem to think). 

And also, both manager and co-manager can't play matches. 

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spl-xi-manager-signups.3656123/post-8296142

Feel like this is where it actually matters that it's a bit too late. Honestly it'd be perfect if it was a week or so earlier, but not even half a day before manager signups, you need to find someone who can fill that role. If we can delay signups for a bit more, then maybe it'd be a good idea I guess

2 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

Feel like this is where it actually matters that it's a bit too late. Honestly it'd be perfect if it was a week or so earlier, but not even half a day before manager signups, you need to find someone who can fill that role. If we can delay signups for a bit more, then maybe it'd be a good idea I guess

Manager Signups are 1 week long (?), I feel like that's more than enough time to find a partner.

Just now, LifeStyleNORE said:

Doesnt have to be mandatory. But honestly why would people not do it if they had that option? 

Sure, they probably should pick someone in case something goes wrong. I just mean that the option doesn't look like anything new. Last PSL, whenever Milhawk wasn't around, he would just ask Nahwel to take over his manager responsibilities and they worked pretty well together. The title "assistant manager" wasn't given to Nahwel but that is what he basically was. The option was always there. 

Unless it is mandatory to pick an assistant manager, nothing really prevents Predakiller from disappearing without picking someone to take over his role in his eventual absence. 

Life vs gb argument part 50 ^

What I propose is an optional choice for managers to choose an Assistant Manager *Who would not be able to sign up as a player* this can be a friend who will help them with the vital decisions; lineups, auction etc etc. This usually would be delegated to the Captain, however captains could never really choose if they were going to be a captain or not. This way this gets rid of people being forced into an almost co-managerial position by becoming a captain and this way it can be willingly chosen to ensure everyone is satisfied and less effort can be spent helping the manager and more time focusing on games.

Captains will still be able to comment and help the managers of course, but this will be a lot less relied on by the captain and more so for the manager & co-manager to do. If people don't want a co-manager they can simply opt out, arguably they will be putting themselves at a disadvantage but this is their own choice.

I see the argument of "just get a friend to support u xddd" but this way the person who is helping will actually get a great deal of credit for helping and being apart of the brains of the PSL success a manager may have. I am unsure on how to work in a potential pay for the winning co manager, but I'm sure it could be raised some how. I believe a separate sign up for people who want to co-manage on the manager sign up thread would be optimal.

3 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

What I propose is an optional choice for managers to choose an Assistant Manager *Who would not be able to sign up as a player* this can be a friend who will help them with the vital decisions; lineups, auction etc etc. This usually would be delegated to the Captain, however captains could never really choose if they were going to be a captain or not. This way this gets rid of people being forced into an almost co-managerial position by becoming a captain and this way it can be willingly chosen to ensure everyone is satisfied and less effort can be spent helping the manager and more time focusing on games.

Captains will still be able to comment and help the managers of course, but this will be a lot less relied on by the captain and more so for the manager & co-manager to do. If people don't want a co-manager they can simply opt out, arguably they will be putting themselves at a disadvantage but this is their own choice.

I see the argument of "just get a friend to support u xddd" but this way the person who is helping will actually get a great deal of credit for helping and being apart of the brains of the PSL success a manager may have. I am unsure on how to work in a potential pay for the winning co manager, but I'm sure it could be raised some how. I believe a separate sign up for people who want to co-manage on the manager sign up thread would be optimal.

i hope you will not be manager again 

From what we gathered (If we understood it correctly), there seems to be no con to this suggestion (Might be a bit useless, maybe, but shouldn't hurt testing nevertheless)

So. (And please confirm this is what you suggesting):

- Managers can now select a co-manager under their manager signup.

- The co-manager has the same functions as the manager, meaning they cannot play if the duo gets selected as one of the 8 managers.

- This feature is optional.

- If a co-manager is selected and the team is awarded a manager reward, it is split between the two in any way they see fitting.

17 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

Yeah pretty much, except I dont think a separate signup is needed. Something like "hi im Luke i signup for manager and notLuke will be my assman" (obviously more detailed than this) would be enough. Afaik the donations surpassed the original goal so it could be used for that. 

Just now, pachima said:

From what we gathered (If we understood it correctly), there seems to be no con to this suggestion (Might be a bit useless, maybe, but shouldn't hurt testing nevertheless)

- The co-manager has the same functions as the manager, meaning they cannot play if the duo gets selected as one of the 8 managers.

- If a co-manager is selected and the team is awarded a manager reward, it is split between the two in any way they see fitting.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, pachima said:

I agree with all. I feel the split of the money should be delegated to the two, and maybe should be arranged early on from all managers which opt in to it to prevent any clash of funds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.