Tradeable Braces

EricRasp

Question

This is a controversial suggestion imo and I'd like to hear what the community thinks.

Do you think the braces used for breeding should be tradeable or not? Please try to explain your point of view so that there is enough constructive criticism for the devs to read and make a decision about it. 

I personally don't think this will be a bad idea. I mean, pvp players now are earning TONS of BP and I know people who don't know what to do with all that BP.

So, I hope you guys can share your thoughts on this and give your feedback.

Cheers :)

Edited by EricRasp

11 answers to this question

Well I have a kind of neutral opinion about it.

Pro : I saw some breeding services offer the service so the customer can make it their OT so to do this , they need the braces to be tradable.

Contra : There also is a vendor who already list braces for 10k. And looking at the prices on GTL (which are more expensive or in some cases the same) , I think more players will buy the braces at the vendor except buying them on GTL. 

Some but not all PvP players breed their own mons. Allowing braces to be tradeable but keeping the 10k brace npc would negate strange trades for breeding with untradeable braces and would allow for an outlet to burn BP that is consumed by the economy, while not eliminating the ability to use cash. I think it could be a positive balancing change that eliminates spare BP just sitting around, and potentially lowering prices for braces. A con is that with the amount of BP many players have stored up, it could easily crash the brace market and make expensive breeds less valuable.

22 minutes ago, Variasa said:

Some but not all PvP players breed their own mons. Allowing braces to be tradeable but keeping the 10k brace npc would negate strange trades for breeding with untradeable braces and would allow for an outlet to burn BP that is consumed by the economy, while not eliminating the ability to use cash. I think it could be a positive balancing change that eliminates spare BP just sitting around, and potentially lowering prices for braces. A con is that with the amount of BP many players have stored up, it could easily crash the brace market and make expensive breeds less valuable.

layman's terms please?

18 hours ago, DemonBone said:

Pro : I saw some breeding services offer the service so the customer can make it their OT so to do this , they need the braces to be tradable.

You don't need tradeable braces to do this

11 hours ago, Variasa said:

Bad - Could make braces really cheap.

I don't know. Players would buy anything under 10k so braces will be sold quick making it impossible to lower price. Plus there are not many pvp players that can actually provide a ton of braces, so the offer will never be enough for demand. 

To be honest I don't see how this will be worth. Players can exchange their BP for valuable items that already sell very good on GTL IIRC (120k for 9k BP I think ?) . I dont remember braces BP prices but if say they sell for 9k , it may be just the same more or less. 

3 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

You don't need tradeable braces to do this

I don't know. Players would buy anything under 10k so braces will be sold quick making it impossible to lower price. Plus there are not many pvp players that can actually provide a ton of braces, so the offer will never be enough for demand. 

Yes I know it doesnt need to , but I most breeders do. But I do know if the braces become untradable and people want OT , breeders would need to lower their prices if the customer want his OT on it which allows breeding to be a bit cheaper then usual.

How does this change anything ? The player can just pay 20k for braces and have OT on final breed. It's not enough to reduce breed service price who will remain same. You can say that this 20k is what the player pays for this extra service of having OT. Of course he doesn't give the 20k to the breeder but for the breeder it's just the same service he accomplishes, he just gives 2 pokes instead of one. 

It can't otherwise the BP market value will at all times be fixed by the braces value.
That will have huge consequences like noone selling vitamins or bp items ever anymore unless they sell for more $ than braces would on same amount of BP.

Tradable BP items should be items exclusive to BP, or at least farmable items like the leftovers which have a value indexed on their rarity

EDIT : Note that if most things are the way they are, it's for a reason. If there's 1 thing the devs do well it's definitely trying to balance the market so that nothing is abused or incoherent

Edited by TohnR