[Tool] Android Encounter Counter - Shiny Hunting companion app

Hi everyone!

I was reading the thread for the desktop version of the automatic encounter counter and there was some demand for an Android version, so I took it upon myself to learn enough Android development to build a companion app for that purpose!

Feature list:

• Supports counting from within the app and from a launchable floating widget
  • Count persists between app and widget
  • Widget can be moved to a custom screen location
  • Widget floats above PokeMMO while in use
  • Increment and decrement supported from app and widget, zero and custom value entry supported from app
  • Custom increment/decrement value supported from app options menu (eg 1 for single encounters, 5 for horde)
  • Counter label can be renamed

See some screenshots and usage instructions here:

Spoiler

Launching the app takes you to a landing screen like so:

app-landing-screen.thumb.jpg.97aba3eb46e6815babff391797579f86.jpg

Pressing the "Launch Encounter Counter" button launches the floating widget, which will persist as you change apps, including to PokeMMO:

overworld.thumb.jpg.6fd5434a04acbb89223b1aa03a546499.jpg

in-battle.thumb.jpg.155f35a10521debb6fa3158f703cca27.jpg

The counter is manually incremented by tapping the main widget area with the counter. It can be moved around the screen with a tap+hold, and a smaller decrement button is present in case you misclick. The widget is dismissed by pressing the close button.

Here is the link to download the APK. Install instructions are as follows:

Spoiler

1. Download the APK from the link provided onto your device

2. Load the APK from your device's file system/document viewer.

3. Android will request that you grant the APK permission to generate floating windows. The app needs this to generate the widget, so please grant it

4. Find the app in your app drawer (It should be next to PokeMMO based on how I named it) and launch it to get the screen above in the screenshots section.

Unfortunately due to limitations of the Android operating system, I currently can't find a way to have the tool update automatically without an extension to the PokeMMO app to support public logging etc. Unlike on PC, Android isolates each application from each other application, so there's no way to view the output of other apps to watch for the start of a battle, nor can you pass through an action to another app without root permission and the app being signed with a cert from the same developer as that of the OS.

In essence, as far as I can tell, it's impossible to automate the updating of the counter. If anyone out there knows enough about Android to prove me wrong, please do and I'll happily extend the tool to support it!

If you think of a feature you'd really like me to add, please let me know and I'll do my best to add it! Similarly, if you encounter a bug, please provide steps for replication and I can fix it as long as I can reproduce it reliably.

I'd love to hear that this tool has been useful for you as well! If you decide to use it and find a shiny, please post a screenshot or DM it to me or mention me in the shiny thread so I can feel like I have caught the shiny vicariously through you :^)

If you feel especially generous, tips can be sent to @DamianTe, my IGN.

Thanks all! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I don't use the forums regularly anymore. I just tried to download the encounter counter APK from the Mega link I provided whilst logged out of my account, and it works just fine. Not sure what the issue is but I won't update the link unless I know it's not working.

I have been using this app called Floating Counter as I was having an issue with my own app relating to it forgetting the count that I couldn't resolve. Here's a link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.niklaskellner.floatingcounter

The main feature this lacks which mine has is the ability to modify the counting increment; this one only counts one at a time. Other than that it's quite good though, and allows for multiple counters.

4小时前,MoxPeanut 说:

Hi, I don't use the forums regularly anymore. I just tried to download the encounter counter APK from the Mega link I provided whilst logged out of my account, and it works just fine. Not sure what the issue is but I won't update the link unless I know it's not working.

I have been using this app called Floating Counter as I was having an issue with my own app relating to it forgetting the count that I couldn't resolve. Here's a link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.niklaskellner.floatingcounter

The main feature this lacks which mine has is the ability to modify the counting increment; this one only counts one at a time. Other than that it's quite good though, and allows for multiple counters.

I've tried many times. I'm sure I can't download it. Just look at this!

Screenshot_20210802_134848_com.huawei.hitouch.jpg

Screenshot_20210802_134533_com.huawei.hitouch.jpg

• 1 month later...

In PokémonGo both CalcyIV and Pokegenie are using an automation to recognize the Pokémon. 

They Scan the screen manually (like doing a Screenshot) which seems like a stupid workaround, but it works quite Well. So you do not have to get Access to the memory of pokemmo at all. 

Darkmode or batterysaving ist Interfering with the solution tho but Not a big Problem For me and many Others who are using the App. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/01/2021 at 20:50, DamianTe said:

Oi pessoal!

Eu estava lendo o tópico para a versão para desktop do contador automático de encontros e havia alguma demanda por uma versão do Android, então decidi aprender o suficiente sobre o desenvolvimento do Android para criar um aplicativo complementar para essa finalidade!

Lista de recursos:

• Suporta contagem de dentro do aplicativo e de um widget flutuante inicializável
  • A contagem persiste entre o aplicativo e o widget
  • Widget pode ser movido para um local de tela personalizado
  • Widget flutua acima do PokeMMO enquanto estiver em uso
  • Incremento e decremento suportados pelo aplicativo e widget, entrada de valor zero e personalizada suportada pelo aplicativo
  • Valor de incremento/decremento personalizado suportado no menu de opções do aplicativo (por exemplo, 1 para encontros únicos, 5 para horda)
  • A etiqueta do contador pode ser renomeada

Veja algumas capturas de tela e instruções de uso aqui:

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

Launching the app takes you to a landing screen like so:

app-landing-screen.thumb.jpg.97aba3eb46e6815babff391797579f86.jpg

Pressing the "Launch Encounter Counter" button launches the floating widget, which will persist as you change apps, including to PokeMMO:

overworld.thumb.jpg.6fd5434a04acbb89223b1aa03a546499.jpg

in-battle.thumb.jpg.155f35a10521debb6fa3158f703cca27.jpg

The counter is manually incremented by tapping the main widget area with the counter. It can be moved around the screen with a tap+hold, and a smaller decrement button is present in case you misclick. The widget is dismissed by pressing the close button.

Aqui está o link para baixar o APK . As instruções de instalação são as seguintes:

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

1. Download the APK from the link provided onto your device

2. Load the APK from your device's file system/document viewer.

3. Android will request that you grant the APK permission to generate floating windows. The app needs this to generate the widget, so please grant it

4. Find the app in your app drawer (It should be next to PokeMMO based on how I named it) and launch it to get the screen above in the screenshots section.

Infelizmente, devido às limitações do sistema operacional Android, atualmente não consigo encontrar uma maneira de atualizar a ferramenta automaticamente sem uma extensão do aplicativo PokeMMO para oferecer suporte ao registro público etc. Ao contrário do PC, o Android isola cada aplicativo de outro aplicativo, portanto, não há como visualizar a saída de outros aplicativos para observar o início de uma batalha, nem você pode passar por uma ação para outro aplicativo sem permissão de root e o aplicativo sendo assinado com um certificado do mesmo desenvolvedor do sistema operacional .

Em essência, até onde sei, é impossível automatizar a atualização do contador . Se alguém sabe o suficiente sobre o Android para provar que estou errado, por favor, faça e terei prazer em estender a ferramenta para apoiá-lo!

Se você pensar em um recurso que realmente gostaria que eu adicionasse, avise-me e farei o possível para adicioná-lo! Da mesma forma, se você encontrar um bug, forneça as etapas para replicação e eu posso corrigi-lo, desde que eu possa reproduzi-lo de forma confiável.

Eu adoraria saber que esta ferramenta foi útil para você também! Se você decidir usá-lo e encontrar um shiny, por favor poste uma captura de tela ou DM para mim ou me mencione no tópico shiny para que eu possa sentir que peguei o shiny indiretamente através de você :^)

Se você se sentir especialmente generoso, as dicas podem ser enviadas para @DamianTe, meu IGN.

Obrigado a todos! :)

when will there be automatic encounter counter??

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...