Team Tournament 2021- January (Saturday 30th)

10 minutes ago, TohnR said:

I know man, Bear doing the best he can. I wasn't trying to blame people, but the system.

Can't we do anything about it as a community ?

We could even use automated tournaments to get our team a ticket to qualify somehow

It's up to staff really. There is a clear divide between official and unofficial tournaments. 

44 minutes ago, TohnR said:

When do we change this awful signup system ?

I don't even know if we made it in or not, but all I know is this can't go on anymore, there was legit 4 pages posted within the first second come on, why does 1 team deserve to be in more than any another? for a few milliseconds ?

16 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Play offs to qualify for TT like in the world cup - we did it for invitational tournaments back in the day (TT winners still go through automatically)

Some months (around when lockdowns started) we had 9 teams that failed to register to team tournament. Lowest amount of teams were 4 (when lockdown has been less common around globe).

We could either have a set of matches in one day when teams fight for 16 spots, or for 8. and tournament at another saturday. Definitely not on the same day. 

And it doesn't really work good imo.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Splitting team tournament into pre-qualifiers and actual tournament is another option, but -again - on some months only 4 teams don't register. I am not fully against implementing something like this, but we just recently made changes into the registration already. We now also have points system that -if team is really good- will guarante spot in next TTs. I would rather check the activity in TTs first, and how it will go. 

We are always open for suggestions, but also I need to be realistic about how long tournaments will last, and how often we can gather. 

8 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Some months (around when lockdowns started) we had 9 teams that failed to register to team tournament. Lowest amount of teams were 4 (when lockdown has been less common around globe).

That's a fair point, but for the majority of TTs most teams show up and reserves never really get a chance to play (unless you're in the first two reserves then possibly)

We could either have a set of matches in one day when teams fight for 16 spots, or for 8. and tournament at another saturday. Definitely not on the same day. 

And it doesn't really work good imo.

Why not have a team tournament for the 16 teams that signed up, and then the reserves can have their own mini tournament on the same day? Depending on the number of teams reserved, the winner for this could potentially get a spot in the next TT? There can be enough staff members to arrange for this to happen, and it gives other teams a chance to play.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Splitting team tournament into pre-qualifiers and actual tournament is another option, but -again - on some months only 4 teams don't register. I am not fully against implementing something like this, but we just recently made changes into the registration already. We now also have points system that -if team is really good- will guarante spot in next TTs. I would rather check the activity in TTs first, and how it will go. 

There have been over 20-25+ teams signing up every single month, with new teams signing up each time. This can work, and there are enough staff members available to try make this work. Regarding the points system, what's the point to a certain extent if you can barely sign up every month? 

We are always open for suggestions, but also I need to be realistic about how long tournaments will last, and how often we can gather. 

Team tournaments last for almost the same amount of time as official tournaments - I understand that TTs are best of three rather than 1 match, but I can't see why we can't have 24 teams and if 24 teams don't sign up, teams that won / made the final in the previous TT (e.g. NORE/VVVV) get an automatic bye into the 2nd round?

Edited by Imperial
5 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

but -again - on some months only 4 teams don't register

I mean I totally agree with your whole point.

Except today 17 teams didn't make it :

BSDO VGC OpTc ZERØ LËM DD PNXS Live RË RØSÊ RmW HPX SLSY JEST ZERO (different one) GHIS TWST

And among them some majors teams that play for the TT rankings (like VGC BSDO Live RØSÊ ZERØ...)

So yea depending on how it evolves or if this tends to be the same over this year, with the great amount of new teams signing up (including mine eheh), we might need some other way.

33 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

vvv,nore, blue sia

wte ave syns enix

past lord br core

lava hdlm gear gok

dd pnxs  live lem optc br

zero re rose

From first entries I saw, and first that were legit (time)

So hitting the button at 8 still gives you 7:59 post time? what

Giving some teams priority based on a scoreboard that many teams can't even enter, because they literally can't enter the tournament, is an utter failure of a system. It doesn't make any sense and doesn't give any legitimacy to such a list. If you wanna take 6 months to figure something out, that's nice. I guess all these teams can just wait for 2022 then.

Yeah I know I'm being harsh. But this is literally the only the tournament that matters in this game, officially. And its managed so poorly that it's shocking. A lot of that is probably because all of the pressure is on Bear. So where are all the other staff members? 

8 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Why not have a team tournament for the 16 teams that signed up, and then the reserves can have their own mini tournament on the same day? Depending on the number of teams reserved, the winner for this could potentially get a spot in the next TT? There can be enough staff members to arrange for this to happen, and it gives other teams a chance to play.

This is doable. On the same day... not so sure. It requires at least one more staff member to do and a lot of cooperation from players. 

Perhaps another date, or something different. I will think of that, and talk with staffs as well. 

11 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

This is doable. On the same day... not so sure. It requires at least one more staff member to do and a lot of cooperation from players. 

Perhaps another date, or something different. I will think of that, and talk with staffs as well. 

Thank you - I appreciate this isn't an easy job for you to do, but the league table is pointless if half the teams can't consistently sign up.

I'm sorry but the motivation is gone, although I'll still watch as it's good seeing the community together.

Once again though, thanks for looking into this going forwards.

Edited by Imperial

According to me, it would be better to do a tournament for the last remaining places. (4) among those who did not make it to the register, it is not fair that having a bad net (in general) be left out of this, and even more teams that will battle In the table and others that hardly exist enter due to the other's net, over there are 50 people writing at the same time, it is difficult to calculate the registration time well because the answer takes about 30 sec to be published

35 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

Yeah I know I'm being harsh. But this is literally the only the tournament that matters in this game, officially. And its managed so poorly that it's shocking. A lot of that is probably because all of the pressure is on Bear. So where are all the other staff members? 

Just to add to my replies cause it's super important for me- just because I am responding there, it doesn't mean other staffs don't care or don't discuss it at all. I am host of TT and most decisions come with me, so I also feel responsible to reply, when we introduce something or not.

4 hours ago, iMarco said:

Can I ask why BSDO didn't make a legit sign up? We posted at the right time and went before most teams. How is that not legit? Sorry for the objections, but I had to wake up until 4:00 AM my time to do this sign up.

Sadly we have to guess the correct forum time

image.thumb.png.0dd3096dfa561f990f73960cae04a05d.png

16 hours ago, TohnR said:

I mean I totally agree with your whole point.

Except today 17 teams didn't make it :

BSDO VGC OpTc ZERØ LËM DD PNXS Live RË RØSÊ RmW HPX SLSY JEST ZERO (different one) GHIS TWST

And among them some majors teams that play for the TT rankings (like VGC BSDO Live RØSÊ ZERØ...)

So yea depending on how it evolves or if this tends to be the same over this year, with the great amount of new teams signing up (including mine eheh), we might need some other way.

Tht blows i don't think im gonna sign up for tournaments like this anymore it sucks and its just cha0s id much rather have a pvp thing for qualifications if this continues i might not ever make it unless i start spamming 5 minutes early over and over