13 hours ago, ErnestoEsteban said:

And what would you consider 'content'? What you call 'filler trash' is content too, whether we like it, or not.

it's not, it's a 2h30 minutes storyline that you'll play once and never care for it again which you can already do on your console or emulator. It wont introduce any new content we dont have already in the game. So sorry to burst you bubble, but content would be what they called dungeons long ago and every veteran is waiting for the release.

16 hours ago, razimove said:

it's not, it's a 2h30 minutes storyline that you'll play once and never care for it again which you can already do on your console or emulator. It wont introduce any new content we dont have already in the game. So sorry to burst you bubble, but content would be what they called dungeons long ago and every veteran is waiting for the release.

Well, considering that all (well, some of) the content that we already have in the game was originally introduced by GSE, and we have it in the MMO because all the subsequent titles continued to have it (I'm talking about features, not plot, though the plot is pretty much the same in all of these games), it's not really surprising. But here's a question: what makes you so sure that I won't care for the 2h30m story of GSE? How is it any worse than the one in B1W1 for instance? What's the point of playing the MMO if I can just emulate any of the games in the first place?

Me, I hate mmos in general (most online games, in fact), because I hate seeing a crowd of people standing around locations doing nothing; or wearing outrageous outfits and other cosmetic items that only they have access to because they grinded their character to the top level, or paid a ton of real money to buy said cosmetic items; or doing the same quests while circlejerking a quest-giver npc. If it's what these players enjoy, more power to them, I'm just saying it's immersion breaking. The only real advantage any online game has over any singleplayer game is that you can play with other people, though that's a questionable advantage if you don't like people, or if can't find someone to play with (for any reason), or if you're not a competitive online player. I mean, people sometimes challenge me to battles, but they always seem to have pokemon some 20 levels higher than mine, so why would I want to battle them? No offence to anyone on here, but to tell the truth, I only play the MMO because it lets me have my own character instead of the standard characters in the original games, and because it connects several games under one roof, the latter being just convenient.

And what are these dungeons anyway? How do they fit in with the original games, or the lore (if lore is in any way important to the MMO players here)? I mean, nothing wrong with having dungeons, but content goes both ways, and you're not bursting anyone's bubble.

But whatever, I get it, you hate GSE/ Johto, you don't want the devs to add it because you want other kind of content, and you want it now. Nothing wrong with that, just no need to jump at people's throats, "bursting their bubbles".

I mean, we can't have access to its post-game which is the future Kanto region, because Kanto already exists in PokeMMO

Kanto is not a game we have firered.Thats up to admins if they want to disable post e4 in heartgold or not which is an area called future kanto in that game.

Just as unova is not a game and its up to admins if they want to add bw2 game in the future in addition to bw1.

1 hour ago, ErnestoEsteban said:

ut here's a question: what makes you so sure that I won't care for the 2h30m story of GSE?

Nobody cares what you care or not, it's simply a waste of time to implement something that takes quite a while, mapping, re-doing map drops (consumables etc), reworking hordes into it etc, for such a crappy amount of content. If you can't understand this, don't think you'll ever will. Didn't read further than this cba.

People who want Johto added are either noobs, people with little to no foresight whatsoever, or people who are die-hard “johto best region ever!!!”. And, really, the kind of people that think it’s just a couple of lines of code to get the ROM to run.

Like Razi is saying. Adding a full region is a huge amount of dev time. The other regions were added because they offered significantly more than just a map and storyline. They offered new pokemon, new mechanics, new items, etc.

Johto would quite literally just be a map and storyline. You’d be asking the devs to put in weeks or months of development time for the players to spend an extra 1hr 30mins in game. That’s terrible value proposition.

In contrast, we have been waiting for dungeons to be released which will give access to legendaries and hidden abilities. Those will give players actual PvE content, and repeatable content that will keep players going for tens to hundreds more hours. A much much better value proposition.

*insert Think Mark, Think meme here*

On 6/20/2021 at 7:53 PM, razimove said:

Nobody cares what you care or not, it's simply a waste of time to implement something that takes quite a while, mapping, re-doing map drops (consumables etc), reworking hordes into it etc, for such a crappy amount of content. If you can't understand this, don't think you'll ever will. Didn't read further than this cba.

You were the one who started talking about whether or not anyone likes Johto. But yeah, i know that it's a lot more difficult to add Johto (or any other region for that matter) than it sounds. No need to act like an ass. Anyway.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:52 PM, Gilan said:

The other regions were added because they offered significantly more than just a map and storyline. They offered new pokemon, new mechanics, new items, etc.

Johto would quite literally just be a map and storyline.

Except that Johto (GSE) did add new pokemon originally. But I'm not arguing with the rest of what you wrote.

16 hours ago, ErnestoEsteban said:

Except that Johto (GSE) did add new pokemon originally. But I'm not arguing with the rest of what you wrote.

can you please tell me which pokemon does it add that we currently don't have access to? Jfc, play the damn game before arguing.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, Gilan said:

Like Razi is saying. Adding a full region is a huge amount of dev time. The other regions were added because they offered significantly more than just a map and storyline. They offered new pokemon, new mechanics, new items, etc.

Bug catching contests, do you know how long i've been waiting for it?!

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:13 PM, RealMak said:

Why does everyone want Johto so badly? I mean, we can't have access to its post-game which is the future Kanto region, because Kanto already exists in PokeMMO. Plus, if you think that they will allow us to catch the Lake of Rage Gyarados, I don't think it will happen.

Johto is just boring without the post-game material

Maybe they can implement post game part with Celebi for travel in jotho instead of boats (and also implement black & white 2 with this method). Jotho is a very beautiful place !

Edited by Frelonx