[MOD] Generation 6/XY 2D Pokémon (With animations, followers & Icons) June 9 2022 update

• 3 weeks later...

Appears to be a loose backsprite sitting in the parent folder of your download, as well as an additional floater in \sprites\.

You should caution users to backup their files before overwriting vanilla sprites with your modified ones. There should also be information regarding the uninstallation process, if someone is not familiar with how Strings files function, they may not know they have to roll back their data.

Your mod would import properly via the mod menu and users would not have to overwrite files at all if you removed the unnecessary files and folders from the zip.

15 hours ago, nurver9 said:

Appears to be a loose backsprite sitting in the parent folder of your download, as well as an additional floater in \sprites\.

You should caution users to backup their files before overwriting vanilla sprites with your modified ones. There should also be information regarding the uninstallation process, if someone is not familiar with how Strings files function, they may not know they have to roll back their data.

Your mod would import properly via the mod menu and users would not have to overwrite files at all if you removed the unnecessary files and folders from the zip.

I haven't had any issues importing it. I suppose I am ignorant of how strings files function, though. I don't see this loose backsprite either. I just installed the zipped X&Y folder.

21 hours ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

it will include gen 5 followers once they give me gendered icon support so i can fully realize this mod

I've figured out how to adapt this mod to the gen 5 follower mod without having to wait for the devs to do something. I'm working on it now, though I won't share without the mod owner/author's permission of course. ?

It's working so far. At first I wanted to cut down the size of the gen 5 follower sprite sheets  (and remove all the gen 1-4 spritesheets) since they're twice as big for the up/down animation, but then I realized the locations of the sprites were completely different. So from there it makes sense to just adapt this mod's sprites to the gen5 follower format instead, since this has far fewer mons. I imported the atlas text file from Gen5 to this one to fix the problem with the previous 5 generations' sprites, then started work on adapting gen 6 sheets to that format.

EDIT: Included an image to show what I did. As you can see from it, Bunnelby is working along side Charmeleon from the gen5 shiny jump mod (Bunnelby is jumping too). You an also see on the right Lileto is still fucked up because I haven't gotten to him yet.

pkmngen6and5followerfix.PNG

Edited by AnRae
10 hours ago, AnRae said:

I haven't had any issues importing it. I suppose I am ignorant of how strings files function, though. I don't see this loose backsprite either. I just installed the zipped X&Y folder.

You don't have any issues "importing" it because you're extracting the extra content from the zip.

By copying the content inside the X&Y folder, the odds of users overwriting vanilla files are extremely high and that is not an ideal method of mod installation.

There is no reason the end-user should be responsible for cherry-picking the extra content out of the .mod in order to properly structure its hierarchy.

Edited by nurver9
10 hours ago, AnRae said:

I haven't had any issues importing it. I suppose I am ignorant of how strings files function, though.

The game will not read .zips and .mods if there are unsupported files or folders in them. Ie., the \strings\ directory. 

On 10/17/2021 at 5:14 AM, nurver9 said:

The game will not read .zips and .mods if there are unsupported files or folders in them. Ie., the \strings\ directory. 

You're overcomplicating it. Once downloaded, you just throw it in the mod folder. That's it. You don't need to replace ANY sprites. This is a mod and it acts as a mod, it doesn't replace sprites unless yore forcefully replacing them yourself. As for the 2 loose sprites, I'll fix those.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:04 PM, AnRae said:

Seems really awesome, but the clash between this and Gen5 follower sprites makes it a no-go. It should implement Gen5 follower sprites itself, otherwise we're just trading one generation's followers for another.

There is a way to have both on the same mod, but then we'd just be stealing that mod if we fuse it with ours. That's why it clashes when downloaded separately, we'll find a way to make it work. Still need the gendered icon support from the devs.

5 minutes ago, Du said:

Will it be updated? I'm looking forward to showing up Mega 

As in XY Mega evolutions? For sure, the only problem is, you can only have 1 version of a pokemon, whether it be X charizard, Y charizard, or just regular charizard. Which mega versions of pokemon do you want? I'll send a version of the mod with those Mega evolutions. 

6 hours ago, Emblemious said:

You're overcomplicating it. Once downloaded, you just throw it in the mod folder. That's it. You don't need to replace ANY sprites. This is a mod and it acts as a mod, it doesn't replace sprites unless yore forcefully replacing them yourself. As for the 2 loose sprites, I'll fix those.

The game doesn't even read Strings from mods, so I'm not really sure why you're distributing them here.

My point was you should reiterate your in/unstallation steps because if users extract the content you've packaged into the base game files by mistake they could have stale strings until an update hits or they repair their client, if they wish to uninstall your mod.

Unless the game doesn't read those kind of story Strings at all, and that's left over from when you created the mod.

Your info description is too long and breaks the mod management pane btw

Edited by nurver9
On 2/2/2021 at 3:17 AM, Emblemious said:

Ver 0.9

If you downloaded this mod before April 4, please delete that one and install this newer version.

This mod replaces certain genders of Pokémon with X&Y Pokémon

That means we can have all the pokemon still be in the game while certain genders are changed. For example Female Sharpedo is normal Sharpedo, while Male Sharpedo is Greninja.

Followers and icons are now added as of Feb 5 2021, for them to work you have to disable the Gen 5 followers mod as it clashes with this one, otherwise you'll have everything else except the followers.
NOT RECOMMENDED TO BREED POKEMON WHILE USING THIS MOD. 

Made by Emblemious, JaredTKL95, and BlackCauldron7

Thanks to Smogon for some of the animated sprites and the images.

We had to animate alot of these ourselves off still images. 

Downloads

PC: https://bit.ly/3ur5K8L

Icons: https://bit.ly/3rZA1dl (Seperate mod for now because there are no gendered icons)

You might have to extract the zipped folders if you don't see the mod in mod management

Mobile/Android: https://bit.ly/3fEiRiv

Icons: https://bit.ly/3qsPy5f

Don't extract these ones just select the ZIP folders.

Names are not changed like you see in the images below. You have to nickname them yourself, see below for icons.

The Pokemon are who they are because we wanted to match types.

What Pokémon is what: (Notepad file can also be found in the mod's folder)

THERE ARE NO MEGA EVOLUTIONS

Generation 6: 

650 = Chespin - Pansage - MALE 
651 = Quilladin - Shroomish - MALE 
652 = Chesnaught - Breloom - MALE 
653 = Fennekin - Pansear  - FEMALE
654 = Braxien - Vulpix - FEMALE
655 = Delphox - Ninetales - FEMALE
656 = Froakie - Marill - MALE 
657 = Frogadier - Carvanha - MALE 
658 = Greninja - Sharpedo - MALE 
659 = Bunnelby - Sandshrew - FEMALE
660 = Diggersby - Sandslash - FEMALE
661 = Fletchling - Starly - FEMALE
662 = Fletchlinder - Staravia - FEMALE
663 = Talonflame - Charizard - FEMALE
664 = Scatterbug - Caterpie - FEMALE 
665 = Spewpa - Metapod - FEMALE 
666 = Vivillion - Buterfree - FEMALE
667 = Litleo - Growlithe - MALE
668 = Pyroar - Arcanine - MALE
669 = Flabebe - Hopip - FEMALE
670 = Floette - Skiploom - FEMALE
671 = Florges - Jumpluff - FEMALE
672 = Skiddo - Deerling - MALE
673 = Gogoat - Sawsbuck - MALE
674 = Pancham - Scraggy - FEMALE
675 = Pangoro - Scrafty - FEMALE
676 = Furfrou - Purugly - MALE 
677 = Espurr - Elgyem  - FEMALE
678 = Meowstic - Beheeyem - FEMALE
679 = Honedge - Aron - MALE
680 = Doublade - Lairon - MALE
681 = Aegislash - Aggron - MALE
682 = Spritzee - Jigglypuff - FEMALE 
683 = Aromatisse - Wigglytuff - FEMALE 
684 = Swirlix - Sentret - FEMALE 
685 = Slurpuff - Furret - FEMALE
686 = Inkay - Wynaut - FEMALE 
687 = Malamar - Wobbuffet - FEMALE  
688 = Binacale - Tirtouga - MALE 
689 = Barbaracle - Carracosta - MALE 
690 = Skrelp - Tentacool - FEMALE
691 = Dragalage - Tentacruel - FEMALE
692 = Clauncher - Krabby - MALE
693 = Clawitzer - Kingler - MALE
694 = Helioptile - Pikachu  - FEMALE
695 = Heliolisk - Raichu - FEMALE
696 = Tyrunt - Larvitar - MALE  
697 = Tyrantrum - Tyranitar - MALE 
698 = Amaura - Snorunt - FEMALE
699 = Aurorus - Glalie - FEMALE
700 = Sylveon - Espeon - FEMALE
701 = Hawlucha - Starraptor - MALE
702 = Dedenne - Pachirisu - MALE
703 = Carbink - Shuckle - MALE
704 = Goomy - Axew - FEMALE
705 = Sligoo - Fraxure - FEMALE
706 = Goodra - Haxorus - FEMALE
707 = Klefki - Mawile -FEMALE
708 = Phantump - Cacnea  - FEMALE
709 = Trevenant - Cacturne - FEMALE
710 = Pumpkaboo - Petilil - FEMALE
711 = Gourgeist - Lilligant  - FEMALE
712 = Bergmite - Shellder - MALE
713 = Avalugg - Cloyster - MALE
714 = Noibat - Swablu - FEMALE
715 = Noivern - Altaria - FEMALE

Legendaries
718 = Squishy Zygarde - Trapinch - MALE
718 = Zygarde - Flygon - MALE

Icons change the original Pokémon as well since there are no gendered icons yet. Mod will be updated once gendered icon support becomes accessible.

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

5.PNG

Capture.PNG

4.PNG

a.PNG

unknown.png

Do you new version because now its already October and i wonder if you did a update to the mod 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:27 PM, nurver9 said:

The game doesn't even read Strings from mods, so I'm not really sure why you're distributing them here.

My point was you should reiterate your in/unstallation steps because if users extract the content you've packaged into the base game files by mistake they could have stale strings until an update hits or they repair their client, if they wish to uninstall your mod.

Unless the game doesn't read those kind of story Strings at all, and that's left over from when you created the mod.

Your info description is too long and breaks the mod management pane btw

It's specifically stated to drag and drop the zipped folder into the mods folder. People here aren't stupid, they know how to install mods. And if they do somehow replace contents from the game, that's not our fault that they didn't read the first paragraph or the big bold words under the downloads. These pages auto translate to their native languages. And so far I haven't seen anyone do what you're claiming people will or would do. Most of the downloads so far have been for mobile, which is the most updated version between the 2. And also you're correct, the game doesn't need those strings since they'll have have anyways but they're put in there just incase anyone's launcher has a faulty strings file for whatever reason. It's really small in size so it's just left there just in case. I'll edit the main page to be more obvious I guess.

Edited by Emblemious

Also I'm getting frustrated with some Hispanic poketubers stealing this mod as their own and not giving a shred of credit. If you thought people extracting the contents from this mod was our fault, think again, those videos don't link to this page, they only put their own custom link with ads so of course there's going to be confusion. If people mess up the download from some youtubers videos, that's not our fault because the people downloading weren't sent here to the mod page.

3 hours ago, Emblemious said:

Also I'm getting frustrated with some Hispanic poketubers stealing this mod as their own and not giving a shred of credit. If you thought people extracting the contents from this mod was our fault, think again, those videos don't link to this page, they only put their own custom link with ads so of course there's going to be confusion. If people mess up the download from some youtubers videos, that's not our fault because the people downloading weren't sent here to the mod page.

?????? show me some of the offenders

On 10/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, Emblemious said:

As in XY Mega evolutions? For sure, the only problem is, you can only have 1 version of a pokemon, whether it be X charizard, Y charizard, or just regular charizard. Which mega versions of pokemon do you want? I'll send a version of the mod with those Mega evolutions. 

I had a thought about that. Like, what if you had a version that replaced the shinies with mega evolutions? Not only could you pull of Charizard X and Y with different genders, but it would make the mega evos special rather than just replacing the base forms. I'll admit, this is a personal preference as I always thought 99.9999% of shiny pokemon to be visually unappealing and I think megas should have some kind of condition on seeing them rather than being standard. Just a thought. 

Anyway, I'm progressing on making an adapted version that works with gen5 jump sprites. Mostly for myself, but I will share it if I get your permission. Thanks for the mod! ?

• 4 weeks later...