ima noob lol

playing Pokémon for nostalgia but story mode has became repetitive I wanna be part of the grueling aspect of the game and I'm having trouble learning about comp and ev training  (I love the grind)

I would love it if someone can gracefully take the time out of their day to give me a lil run down on how comp works.

Competitive is simpler than it looks (but it doesn't look simple).

It is like a game of chess, pokemons are the pieces, if you open your pokedex, depending on the tier you are going to play the pokemon mute and you can check it at pokedex

Note: TIER, are the classes of the competitive are they:
Over used, Never used, and others there.

so there is no secret take the pokemons you prefer and put the stick in the opponent

Step 1: Learn the type chart
Step 2: Get 6 Pokemon (eventually more but six will get you started)
Step 3: Go to battle
Step 4: Make a lot of mistakes

Step 5: Repeat step 4 to infinity, until you become good (but you can always become better, anyone can)

What comes to EVing, most of the time maxing two of the highest stats is a good enough thing to do for a starting player so you can specify each of your Pokemon for a specific role (exceptions exist but better ask every individual Pokemon on its own). I wouldn't recommend to look too much into Smogon, because it has been made on entirely different metagame than PokeMMO. You shouldn't overthink about EV training too much especially in the starting process, with experience if you notice you would be happy of surviving a certain hit you may calculate HP/Defensive EVs for that but for start, just investing sweepers into Speed and Atk/Sp.Atk and defensive Pokemon into HP/defense will do good enough job and rarely is a bad EV spread even in the highest level of play. EV spreads very rarely decide the winner of a game, smart selections in the battle will.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:49 AM, Neuzzz said:

check statistics of PvP tier, can adapt your own preference into it
get reference about iv/move from smogon, or pokemon db (type on google <What is the best moveset for XX?>)
done, now u go in pvp and practice

can u explain iv to me please

On 3/8/2021 at 7:02 AM, CaptnBaklava said:

Consider joining a pvp Team that will help you.

how would i join one?

On 3/8/2021 at 7:02 AM, CaptnBaklava said:

Consider joining a pvp Team that will help you.

how would i join one?

On 3/8/2021 at 7:49 AM, Neuzzz said:

check statistics of PvP tier, can adapt your own preference into it
get reference about iv/move from smogon, or pokemon db (type on google <What is the best moveset for XX?>)
done, now u go in pvp and practice

can u explain iv to me please

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.