PokeMMO daily log-in reward

GreenOlympus

Question

16 answers to this question

This is not about farming bro, this is about Something that all games have. Nowdays FPS, BattleGrounds, 5v5, RPGs, and MMOs have it. That is why I suggest that PokeMMO should have daily reward as well. Look to the future my friend everyday you log-in, you got a reward, reward makes people optimistic and fired up. And because you fired up, you play longer than usual that means you progressed much further.

Thank you for the people that support my suggestion!

I don't quite agree, just because it's something all games have doesn't mean this one needs it. If it is implemented, the rewards would have to be heavily regulated as to not destroy value of certain items, even ones not thought as consequential. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but perhaps not entirely necessary for pokemmo.

18 minutes ago, GreenOlympus said:

Well yeah this is not very important, but a little bonus is not bad right, why not think about it a little more bro?

If you support please give +1
If you don't support please give -1

Okay, I've given it a little thought. Here's my thought process:

Let's say a potential reward is a pp-up/pp-max, and untradeable to boot. Now, that's a pretty good reward right? If someone can get this for free, why would anyone buy one when they can wait for a free one?

This can be applied to any reward in this suggestion, as I said; it's not a bad idea. It just really has to be thought about. The economy is already pretty bad (in my opinion obviously, i'm not some sort of economy expert).

A reward I can possibly see is a random pokemon that you do not currently own (in its base form), that is classified as a gift pokemon just as a thank you for logging in and continuing to play. Even that has its drawbacks, i'm aware. 

16 minutes ago, GreenOlympus said:

But what if once a week we only get 2 pp-up, in the end people will still buy more from the global trade link because only 2 is not enough, but alright thanks for giving me your feedback. So that is a -1 right?

I'd rather remain neutral, neither plus nor minus. Something like this would take considerable consideration to be implemented properly, and it's above my head. I just wanted to put my input in from my perspective.

TL;DR: Daily rewards are a manipulative tool of game publishers to foster FOMO and addiction in support of aggressive monetization strategies, and don't really serve a purpose in this game.

Long version:

MMOs didn't always use this mechanic and before you go about including mechanics in games just because other tangentially related games have them, you should consider WHY those games have implemented that mechanic and what purpose it serves.

Daily log in bonuses are often used to feed the addiction loop. Clearly, the devs want to make money on this game. But I also imagine many of them have day jobs and this is a side gig. There's a cash shop, but everything there is small potatoes and all of it exists to serve the in-game economy. Almost all decisions made about this game (even I personally don't like them because I'm not hugely into the buy/sell/trade aspect of MMOs) is done to support that. Daily log in rewards do little to help the in-game economy, especially if the items are untradeable.

Because of how FOMO works, daily log in rewards aren't so much free bonuses are they are punishments for NOT logging in. That is their purpose. The more you log in, the more premium loot box items you see advertised on the welcome screen and by other players, the more money you're likely to spend. It is not there to make things better for you, the player, or even the in game economy as a whole. Perhaps if Pokemmo implemented lootboxes in the cash shop, it'd be useful to them, but then I'd probably quit playing because I have enough of a problem with ESO at the moment.

Edited by AnRae

What if its just money? Its an incentive for newer players to keep logging in and grinding, doesnt fuck up the market like any items. It would have no relevancy for more veteran players but I dont think they need an extra reason to log in, they will just do it anyways.

17 hours ago, JohntheJester said:

What if its just money? Its an incentive for newer players to keep logging in and grinding, doesnt fuck up the market like any items. It would have no relevancy for more veteran players but I dont think they need an extra reason to log in, they will just do it anyways.

Exactly my thought. Just give us money. 5 or 10k a day and for the 7th day consecutive login give like 50k (just an example). It will help new players get adjusted to the game and actually afford to buy stuff given how lopsided the economy is for new players.