How about replacing trade evolutions with something more practical?

ErnestoEsteban

Question

The whole version-exclusive thing was always some BS in my opinion, and that includes trade evolutions. I mean, what if you don't have friends to trade with?

Now sure, with the internet, this problem is kind of kind of circumvented, but then, let's say I have a Kadabra or a Haunter that I want to evolve but don't want to give 'em away. Do I trade them twice with whoever? What if they won't want to trade back? I've seen at least one post on here from a user who got scammed on the back-trade.

PokemonMMO's devs made version-exclusive pokemon non-existent, because pretty much all pokemon are catchable in the wilderness, at least, it seems that way. Yet trade evolutions are still a thing!

Why not replace trade evolutions with something else, like a special item, or happiness, or even simple levelling?

4 answers to this question

Trade evolutions have always been the one and only original way of evolving pokemons like haunter , kadabra etc.

Things like Trade/Link stones were introduced in fan made games and aren't part of the official game series.

The Devs want to keep the game as much same as the originals as they can(which imo is good), So I don't think it's a good idea to change the method ^^

If you need help with trade evolutions, feel free to ask any mod or a trustable person.

You can ask on discord or even create a thread on forums if you need help with it,

You can also ask for help on global,if it's an unknown person, I would suggest you to make sure you take an screenshot of chat and trade , since scamming is bannable , you don't have to worry much about it :)

Just always havs obs on recording your gameplay or when you make evo trades with pple cause u never know who will scam you. It will serve as good evidence to strengthen your case once you decide to report the scammer to the staff. The staff can usually recover your stolen goods in most cases.

While its not a bad idea, there is plenty of ways to avoid having troubles with it. Im not saying definite "no" to suggestion I just leave option for newest players to read. 

As someone noticed its mmo- there are a lot of people who will help you with trade evolution. If you will specify you wish to get your pokemon back, you should.

A lot of people around global chat do it daily, they are often visible on chat and care for reputation.

Waiting for staff member is an option as well. We are always happy to help when we notice someone who needs trade evo.

In case you will be somehow scammed, make a player report here: https://support.pokemmo.eu/

It's always great to screenshot the agreement of trade whenever possible, and the name of player you trade with.