Doubles Teambuilding Competition (July)

Doubles Teambuilding Competition 

What is the Doubles Teambuilding Competition?
The Doubles Teambuilding Competition is a monthly competition where people who want to compete are given a Pokemon to build a team around. Once the deadline for team submissions has finished, a vote will be held for the best team!

How to Participate

To compete, reply with a Pokepaste of your team, as well as an explanation of your teambuilding logic. Please also include your IGN. 

Voting

A panel of judges will select the best team after the submission deadline has passed!

Judges:

Rules

• The submitted team must be viable for the current PokeMMO Doubles format
  • Don't copy other players' teams!
  • Be creative! 

Prizes

1st Place = 1m 

2nd Place = 250k

This Month's Challenge:

Build a generation-exclusive team!
Only Pokemon within one generation are allowed!

Deadline: 31st July 00:00 BST

Sample Team (Gen III Rain): 

https://pokepast.es/fc6601e819969d27

Pelipper  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteLudicolo  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteManectric  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteSalamence  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteMetagross  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteHariyama  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Useful Teambuilding Guides

Good Luck!

Edited by Rakhmaninov

I made some change, i made a 1G team https://pokepast.es/0eb7a1ed64c7d14f

Sry for my english btw i used google translate and i'm still a beginner in teambuild, hope you understand 

Alakazam

Alakzam with a choice scarf allows to be a good anti lead crobat mienshao, thanks to his inner focus talent as well as a good movepool he can eliminate the salamence Garchomp and dragonite, access to shadow ball to threaten reuniclus or chandelure.

Blastoise 

support like blastoise  which has access to follow me icy wind and fake out, it has a good bulk to tank the physical or the special. The icy wind allows you to decrease your opponent's speed and gain the advantage.

Dragonite

For dragonite, he has access to inner focus so immune to flinch and intimidation, given that I have an alakazam scarf to serve as anti lead, a dragonite next to them could be a threat to this boosted power,  plus having access to extreme speed which is a good priority attack.

Gyarados

Leviator can also fill the role with the difference that this one is a water offensive and access to intimidation, to annoy phyisque pokemon, he can also this booster during a moment of weakness or accompanied by a support like tortank and arcanine.

Arcanine

Arcanine with intimidation also annoys physical pokemon, so bulk def spe and access to snarl prevents special pokemon from being able to hit hard in return, access to close combat to threaten ttar.

weezing

Weezing has a very good physical bulk, access to wisp for physical and taunt  pokemon to block a potential trickroom and that it is well supported by these allies.

Edited by PKTxKharma

i saw this thread and it was generation exclusive contest so my first thoughts were its time to shine ambipom!

for the competition i made a discharge offense team that is with a reactive speed tier 
the team Gliscor  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteAmbipom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteRotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteMamoswine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteGastrodon  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteBronzong  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

(click on a pokemon to open the team link)

teambuilding process : 

Gliscor : 
Gliscor  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

i picked gliscor to add a tailwind support to the team to support pokemon like mamoswine or rotom. i used taunt to prevent oppsoing trickroom and i use eq since i have 2 levitate users. i picked the item flying gem to boost acrobatics to kill stuff like non hp invested crobats 

Ambipom :
Ambipom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

i picked ambipom cuz its the best pokemon in pokemmo its masively underated it should be s tier in all tiers. besides that its actually pretty good in the dubs metagame.
i took the move fake out since its strong stab + technican and its a good move in general. then i had the choice between double hit and return. double hit deals more dmg and break sashes but  got a lower acc .i picked double hit since im not a uguu and risk the miss cuz i think its important to break sashes. i used low kick cuz i saw ttar is spammed and it got 60bp boosted technican hit vs porygon2. for the last move i was thinking about protect or beatup. i dont choose beatup cuz hit ghost types like chandelure

Rotom : 
Rotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

i picked rotom cuz i wanted to make a discharge offense to make it somehow viable XD. i used max speed to outspeed all opposing rotoms and the sp atk kills eveyrthing it needs to kill with hydro or discharge. i dumped all leftover evs in hp (i totally not copied this set )

Mamoswine

Mamoswine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

mamoswine got a great synergy with rotom so i added mamoswine for that reason i think the sash set was the best for this kind of team ( i use standard set no need to explain)

Gastradon :

Gastrodon  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

i wanted to make reactive team so added 2 trick room mons for me gastrodon is really nice mon since i can boost his sp atk with rotom and copied the stats with the last mon i picked

bronzong

Bronzong  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

like what i said i wanted a small trick room part in the team and i thought i wanted to use a tech so i used Psych Up bronzong to copy the stats from gastrodon 

(quick note i hate the abbilty  download so i made the evs that nothing download on me )

Spoiler

my teambuilding process make no sense XD and the team also maybe. i just made it for fun cuz i thought it was a good opportunity to use ambipom. and i obv tried to win that 1m ?

Edited by Quinn010
AMBIPOG

Hi everyone, this is my first time in a contest like this, but since doubles is the tier i play the most, let's see what happens. 

Among the various generations of pokemon i decided on the fourth generation, mainly because in that generation is the evolved form of my favorite pokemon, togepi.

I leave you the link of the PokePaste: https://pokepast.es/338eee8b448d5b2f

468-00.png.9bbd773dff1bb136d26a7d85eaa1c3cc.png

In the first place togekiss, i think that togekiss is one of the most ideal walls for double battles, with follow me can divert the attention of the partner so that he can use movements to increase his stats or to get rid of another pokemon. With tailwind i can suppor to the rest of the team increasing the speed and thus, when i find myself against rain teams, i do not have many problems, also with air slash and his ability i can face teams based on trick room.

479-13.png.98e4851abb9857ecfa4f172fd6841df1.png

Among the forms of rotom, i consider that de most useful, at least for this team, is the washing machine, thunderbolt and hydro pump are their characteristic movements and protection never hurts, but this, instead of equipping it with movements like nasty plot, although it is offensive i decided to equip it with Will-O-Whisp, because pokemon such as tyranitar or metagross will not die from a single attack by burns is more beneficial in the long run.

descarga.jpg.b4aaf08a19436a73a232161278c09370.jpg

He chose a garchomp that increases his characteristics because in doubles, as soon as he goes out on the field, he tends to use movements like Will-O-Wisp or to intimidate him to lower his attack, that's why his set mov in based on substitute and hone claws, so that if i lose togekiss, whith a substitute i avoid a loss in his stats, and once his characteristics are increased, it will be difficult for the opponent to stop him. In addition, i gives me cover for the electrical movements and i can take advantage of its ability to face sands teams.

Gastrodon_este.png.ae3d11f7d7c2d4fd7dc6762ac237205d.png

Gastrodon will be the other pokemon that covers me for electric type movements in case the rival is a jolteon or fire type, likewise, with his ability i will be able to deal with the rain team, with icy wind i will support the team by reducyng the speed of the rivals and scald to damage steel, rock or ground type pokemon with a possible burn, equip it with toxic to deal with pokes like porygon, dusclops, togekiss or even another gastrodon. If iv speed is 0 to be useful in case the opponent manages to use trick room.

Abomasnow.png.026beb3c0aef912963d3ef96a1ca8e6c.png

Its function consists mainly of providing a climate control, its speed stats are calculated so that in tailwind it can surpass pokemon such as crobat or jolteon in speed, equipped with focus sash so that it can enter the field at least twice.

stat-lucario.png.4a856b0943f926554e5d21bbfe70b312.png

Lucario would be the other physical attacker of the team, if he manages to use swords dance he could weaken high defense pokemon such as metagross or bronzong, extreme speed to have a priority movement that in turn has good power. I thougth abaut using some of the elemental fists, but for that i would have to substitute protect or swords dance, which would leave it defenseless against area attacks and prevent it from raising its attack to weaken pokemon with a single extreme speed or close combat.

Edited by YJos

The Teamhttps://pokepast.es/77f88124ec155f8a
This team is a hard trick room Generation 5 Team.
Scrafty - Fake Out user with impressive bulk and support move Dragon Tail + 2 STAB moves for coverage and recovery
Reuniclus - Trick Room Setter and special glasscanon. HP Fire for dealing with metagross and scizors
Amoonguss - Redirection and momentum builder with Spore. Coba berry helps survive crobats
Jellicent - Guaranteed Trick Room Setter with mental herb and helps chip damages with 2 stab moves. It still hits hard with its impressive bulk
Gigalith - Hits like a truck. Weather. Explosion helps clean off opponents that are not wary of him.

Eelektross - Trick Room glasscanon, coverage, and damage dealer.

12 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

i saw this thread and it was generation exclusive contest so my first thoughts were its time to shine ambipom!

for the competition i made a discharge offense team that is with a reactive speed tier 
the team Crobat  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteAmbipom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteRotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteMamoswine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteGastrodon  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteBronzong  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

(click on a pokemon to open the team link)

teambuilding process : 

Crobat : 
Crobat  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Hide contents

the first pokemon picked was crobat since i see it in every dubs match XD and i love it in the tier under used i picked a defensive set with super fang so i can chip bulky stuff and finish it for example with eq mamoswine 

Ambipom :
Ambipom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Hide contents

i picked ambipom cuz its the best pokemon in pokemmo its masively underated it should be s tier in all tiers. besides that its actually pretty good in the dubs metagame.
i took the move fake out since its strong stab + technican and its a good move in general. then i had the choice between double hit and return. double hit deals more dmg and break sashes but  got a lower acc .i picked double hit since im not a uguu and risk the miss cuz i think its important to break sashes. i used low kick cuz i saw ttar is spammed and it got 60bp boosted technican hit vs porygon2. for the last move i was thinking about protect or beatup. i dont choose beatup cuz hit ghost types like chandelure

Rotom : 
Rotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Hide contents

i picked rotom cuz i wanted to make a discharge offense to make it somehow viable XD. i used max speed to outspeed all opposing rotoms and the sp atk kills eveyrthing it needs to kill with hydro or discharge. i dumped all leftover evs in hp (i totally not copied this set )

Mamoswine

Mamoswine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Hide contents

mamoswine got a great synergy with rotom so i added mamoswine for that reason i think the sash set was the best for this kind of team ( i use standard set no need to explain)

Gastradon :

Gastrodon  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Hide contents

i wanted to make reactive team so added 2 trick room mons for me gastrodon is really nice mon since i can boost his sp atk with rotom and copied the stats with the last mon i picked

bronzong

Bronzong  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Hide contents

like what i said i wanted a small trick room part in the team and i thought i wanted to use a tech so i used Psych Up bronzong to copy the stats from gastrodon 

(quick note i hate the abbilty  download so i made the evs that nothing download on me )

Hide contents

my teambuilding process make no sense XD and the team also maybe. i just made it for fun cuz i thought it was a good opportunity to use ambipom. and i obv tried to win that 1m ?

Don't wanna hate, actually I like the team. But at least in my understanding you have to use only pokemon that got added in the respective generation? The sample team has only Gen 3 mons iirc. 

Oh boi if I mess this one up I have to ask some one to delete the evidences haha

Just now, CaptnBaklava said:

Don't wanna hate, actually I like the team. But at least in my understanding you have to use only pokemon that got added in the respective generation? The sample team has only Gen 3 mons iirc. 

Oh boi if I mess this one up I have to ask some one to delete the evidences haha

ye i messed up XD i will change later

My Team

IGN: JosueFeng

crobat.gifsmeargle.giftyranitar.gifporygon2.gifhitmontop.gifkingdra.gif

https://pokepast.es/4fc5ab7293a1f9f7

Team Building Logic

Crobat: WIth enough speed to outspeed gengar, full invesment in PS to take any ludicolo attack and survive (later explained), the other evs in ATK. Use acrobatics instead of brave bird to avoid recoil, Quick guard predicting bullet punch from  scizor o metagross against smeargle in focus sash, or any fake out/feint, Taunt to stop trick room users and follow me supports.

Smeargle: Full speed to outspeed ludicolo without rain (later explained), full ATK and Technician to do more damage, to do max damage possible , 0 IVS in PS, DEF, SPD to receive the max damage possible and take advantage of Endeavor. Spore to stop one pokemon, Endeavor brings the foe hp, and the best moves against some Pokemon to which we cant deal easily (Rotom-W, Gastrodom and Metagross), Feint to take out one pokemon after endeavor and break Protect.

Tyranitar: Tank tytar with Chopple berry to survive any attack, with enough speed to outspeed mienshao (In tailwind), and other tank tytar. Crunch and Rock slide the best stab movs and low kick instead of superpower because make the max damage against other Tytars, Hydreigon, Metagross, Gigalith and 100 power against Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Porygon2: Full PS and with some DEF evs while maximizes the Nature points. Ice beam to stop dracos, thunderbolt to one-shoot Pelipper and trick room to counter faster  Tail Wind users.

Hitmontop: Enough Special Bulk to resist hydreigon +2 dragon pulse and some DEF evs to take some damage from Scizor/Exca/Tyranitar/Hitmontop, Sitrus berry to heal some damage and avoid some 2HKO. Close combat main stab, Wide Guard and Ally switch to keep safe Tytar from excadrill.

Kingdra: Timid to outspeed Modest Kingdra, Life Orb to KO Salamence, Hydreigon and make 2HKO with Scald to Scizor. Muddy Water and Dragon Pulse main STAB, with Scald to avoid wide guard and have chance to burn.

How To Play

Against Orange Rain

Lead with Smeargle and Crobat, the strongest Cores are Ludi-Jolteon/Kingdra-Hitmon.

Against Ludi: Turn 1, Fake out Jolteon, and Tailwind, if keep Jolteon lose a turn, the usual is bring back Jolteon and takes out Pelipper, Muddy Water trigger the Focus Sash. Turn 2, Spore Pelipper, and acrobatics to Ludi, if keeps Ludi, advantage for us, if switch to Scizor we can do Quick Guard and endeavor in Turn 3, if switch to Jolteon we can use Endeavor in Pelipper and switch Crobat by Tyranitar. If beging with other leads we can switch easily, just need to keep crobat safe to kill Ludi/Hitmon.

Against Kingdra: Turn 1, Fake Out Kingdra a Tail Wind, if Kingdra is modest we are faster with Smeargle. Turn 2 we can sleep one Pokemon and switch.

Against Hyperofense with Mienshao-Crobat

Lead with Tyranitar and Crobat to break the Sash and threaten Shao, Turn 1 Protect-Tailwind or Predicting the switch we can use Rock Slide. Against any other opening we can keep Tytar and keep safe Crobat to kill mienshao, and control the speed with trick room/Tailwind.

Against Trick Room

The usual Cores are Hariyama-Reuniclus/dusclops, Reuniclus/Dusclops-Porygon2, we can lead with Smeargle and Crobat, We use Acrobatics and Spore, except against double Trick-Room setter, we use Spore and Taunt, we always sleep the one who does the most damage.

Against Sand Team

There are many good opening, we can lead with Hitmontop-Kingdra, and use muddy water, just keep safe hitmontop until Excadrill dies.

Against Follow me/Booster

Lead with Crobat-Smeargle,Turn 1 Fake out to the booster, Taunt to the Support or Fake Out and Taunt to the Support predicting the Protect. Turn 2 If booster protect in Turn 1 we can Attack and Spore to the  Booster  or Tail wind-Spore if its faster than Smeargle. If doesnt protect in Turn 1 we can do Taunt in the Support slot, predicting the switch to another Support, and Spore to the Booster. Taunt and Spore are your main tools against this teams use it wisely.

Edited by JosueFeng

And the winners are...

1st Place: Fermie - 5th Generation [pokepaste]

526-0.png530-0.png635-0.png591-0.png637-0.png593-0.png

A very well balanced semi-TR team, with excellent options for both inside and outside of Trick Room. 

2nd Place: YJos - 4th Generation [pokepaste]

468-0.png479-2.png445-0.png460-0.png448-0.png423-0.png

An interesting team which makes excellent use of the Toge/Chomp/Rotom-W core, with Abomasnow as a great choice for countering weather based teams.

We weren't too sure about gastrodon's synergy with the team however.

Congratulations to both our winners, and thank you to everyone for taking part!

Let us know what you want to see in future competitions ?

On 8/1/2021 at 4:11 AM, JosueFeng said:

My Team

IGN: JosueFeng

crobat.gifsmeargle.giftyranitar.gifporygon2.gifhitmontop.gifkingdra.gif

https://pokepast.es/4fc5ab7293a1f9f7

Team Building Logic

Crobat: WIth enough speed to outspeed gengar, full invesment in PS to take any ludicolo attack and survive (later explained), the other evs in ATK. Use acrobatics instead of brave bird to avoid recoil, Quick guard predicting bullet punch from  scizor o metagross against smeargle in focus sash, or any fake out/feint, Taunt to stop trick room users and follow me supports.

Smeargle: Full speed to outspeed ludicolo without rain (later explained), full ATK and Technician to do more damage, to do max damage possible , 0 IVS in PS, DEF, SPD to receive the max damage possible and take advantage of Endeavor. Spore to stop one pokemon, Endeavor brings the foe hp, and the best moves against some Pokemon to which we cant deal easily (Rotom-W, Gastrodom and Metagross), Feint to take out one pokemon after endeavor and break Protect.

Tyranitar: Tank tytar with Chopple berry to survive any attack, with enough speed to outspeed mienshao (In tailwind), and other tank tytar. Crunch and Rock slide the best stab movs and low kick instead of superpower because make the max damage against other Tytars, Hydreigon, Metagross, Gigalith and 100 power against Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Porygon2: Full PS and with some DEF evs while maximizes the Nature points. Ice beam to stop dracos, thunderbolt to one-shoot Pelipper and trick room to counter faster  Tail Wind users.

Hitmontop: Enough Special Bulk to resist hydreigon +2 dragon pulse and some DEF evs to take some damage from Scizor/Exca/Tyranitar/Hitmontop, Sitrus berry to heal some damage and avoid some 2HKO. Close combat main stab, Wide Guard and Ally switch to keep safe Tytar from excadrill.

Kingdra: Timid to outspeed Modest Kingdra, Life Orb to KO Salamence, Hydreigon and make 2HKO with Scald to Scizor. Muddy Water and Dragon Pulse main STAB, with Scald to avoid wide guard and have chance to burn.

How To Play

Against Orange Rain

Lead with Smeargle and Crobat, the strongest Cores are Ludi-Jolteon/Kingdra-Hitmon.

Against Ludi: Turn 1, Fake out Jolteon, and Tailwind, if keep Jolteon lose a turn, the usual is bring back Jolteon and takes out Pelipper, Muddy Water trigger the Focus Sash. Turn 2, Spore Pelipper, and acrobatics to Ludi, if keeps Ludi, advantage for us, if switch to Scizor we can do Quick Guard and endeavor in Turn 3, if switch to Jolteon we can use Endeavor in Pelipper and switch Crobat by Tyranitar. If beging with other leads we can switch easily, just need to keep crobat safe to kill Ludi/Hitmon.

Against Kingdra: Turn 1, Fake Out Kingdra a Tail Wind, if Kingdra is modest we are faster with Smeargle. Turn 2 we can sleep one Pokemon and switch.

Against Hyperofense with Mienshao-Crobat

Lead with Tyranitar and Crobat to break the Sash and threaten Shao, Turn 1 Protect-Tailwind or Predicting the switch we can use Rock Slide. Against any other opening we can keep Tytar and keep safe Crobat to kill mienshao, and control the speed with trick room/Tailwind.

Against Trick Room

The usual Cores are Hariyama-Reuniclus/dusclops, Reuniclus/Dusclops-Porygon2, we can lead with Smeargle and Crobat, We use Acrobatics and Spore, except against double Trick-Room setter, we use Spore and Taunt, we always sleep the one who does the most damage.

Against Sand Team

There are many good opening, we can lead with Hitmontop-Kingdra, and use muddy water, just keep safe hitmontop until Excadrill dies.

Against Follow me/Booster

Lead with Crobat-Smeargle,Turn 1 Fake out to the booster, Taunt to the Support or Fake Out and Taunt to the Support predicting the Protect. Turn 2 If booster protect in Turn 1 we can Attack and Spore to the  Booster  or Tail wind-Spore if its faster than Smeargle. If doesnt protect in Turn 1 we can do Taunt in the Support slot, predicting the switch to another Support, and Spore to the Booster. Taunt and Spore are your main tools against this teams use it wisely.

Really like that team

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.