[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

9 hours ago, BoltBoy said:

a few lines

image.thumb.png.77d766472753ab4a5af0d8c09ac4e29e.png

hmm, those lines don't seem like they would cause my program any issue.

Is it possible you are using an old version of the GEC? This error should be getting caught in a try/except statement.

43 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

Hey I wanted to reinstall your encounter is it currently bugfree? cause updates and stuff ? 

I used it before it was great.

It still works with the new updates. So if it worked for you before, it should still work now.

That being said, there are still bugs in the program, but they are the same bugs that have been there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gilan!

I didn't know how to contact you so I might as well do it through
here. Im very thankful for your contributions to the PokeMMO
community! 
I'm contacting you because I would like to explore the idea of
porting your Encounter Counter to MacOS. I dont have the most
experience in coding but over the course of my life, I've seen
that finding a project I like makes me much more engaged  in
mastering the skills that are required for it. 
My discord name is Doctor ZooT#1476 and I would apreciate if you
have any tips or would like cease with this project,
given that it is your intelectual property. 
GGs,

DoctorZooT

heyoow!! after using the counter for quite a while it randomly stopped working

here is the thingy that pops up when i try to boot it up. i tried reinstalling twice and opening it as an administrator but nothing...

i wonder if theres a way to fix this? i really like this counter and would be a shame to not be able to use it... 

image.thumb.png.a25f395b39724d031ecf59811b28c0f9.png

On 5/29/2022 at 1:31 PM, Alfredo922 said:

Not sure what went wrong, laptop crashed mid game and when i tried to open the counter again it came up with this error code.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 882, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 663, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 448, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 285, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Any solutions to this?

@Gilan

Sorry for my bad eng.

I've fixed it by replacing the countFile.json with a new one and editing the Profile_1 with my name (Hunting_1 was left as default) (As Gilan said some msg behind)

The count didn't start, but I've edited it manually and put something around my encounter count. 

In my case my encData file wasn't corrupted so it worked. Thanks 🙂 

Edit: Gilan can you make an autobackup whenever app get closed to the nearest autosave? Not mandatory but may help with saves. Thanks again! 

Edited by DadyD
On 6/29/2022 at 9:41 AM, ItzEdo said:

Hi, i wanted to konw why i can't use this tool, when i open it up the GilianGdxFonter close itself so when i encounter a pokemon it doesn't count. I attach a gif of what it happens

image.thumb.gif.c6e8bb4c9d9f36a29bd216a412c6ae71.gif

i have the same problem 

6 hours ago, XenexFrost said:

i have the same problem 

@ItzEdo@XenexFrost In gift its look that the app is running and he has 2 of them opened. 

8 hours ago, yurimiyazono037 said:

image.png.e7bc1015262394f2701564406f4f2890.png

mine wasn't working anymore how can i fix this?

@yurimiyazono037check my last message, I've fixed it. Try checking his message here 

he already answered to how to try to fix it. In my case worked. 

Hello there! I'm having some trouble getting the counter to work consistantly.

For some reason it counts hordes as 1 encounter and single encounters only work if I get the encounter with certain pokemon in my team and not for others.

Hey so i had the same issue after a power outage and countFile.json doesnt show any data now, i do have a temp file in that folder but its a month and 10 days old which is way too long ago to be useful. Any chance i can get a more recent one? thanks.

I love this counter, Ive been using it a lot, but recently it doesnt work for me for some reason. When I try to start it I just get an error (Pic of error attached). Does anyone know how to fix this? would be very much appreciated!

GEC funker ej.PNG

Hi! I followed your guide in youtube and I could open the app along the game but when I encounter a pokemon, it doesn't count. I tried it multiple times to individual and horde pokemon. Even I delete the whole file before downloading again but same problem happens. Can you help me please? Thank you.

1035929622_Screenshot2022-08-05092713.thumb.png.e463ca573c6eb04f619188603793cfa9.png

Edited by TsundereCan
It was not specified.
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 2:07 AM, PumpActionWang said:

the things i found that make it work is make sure its in windowed mode, ui scale on 1.0 and make sure only english language is check marked. and when you open the GEC app you should see a black command prompt type of box appear which means its connecting to your client. if you dont see that box its not going to work.

have problem with encounters not counting, and take many times for reading any comment then i found this. i dont believe it will clear the problem, but for real it make the program working perfectly. now it counting my counter !!, im just doing mark only english language on game and the problem solved itself.

also this tools so awesome, i really need tools like this. thanks for gilan as the creator