[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

On 11/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, realmadrid1809 said:

Definitely try with a clean strings folder. There have been a lot of formatting issues recently with strings. GEC is very specific about what it needs from those files so they can cause inconsistencies. Make sure that your ingame language, rom language and gec settings language are the same

Well, deleting the strings folder and repairing the game client to get a new one didnt work. Tried a fresh install of the game and GEC too, no beans. Not sure whats wrong

On 11/6/2022 at 9:49 PM, knocsaM said:

Hi Gilan, not sure what I did wrong but I haven't been able to get the encounter counter working recently. It was working when I first started playing PokeMMO but now that I'm trying to start shunting, nothing. Everything looks like it would work until I go do an encounter and she just stays at 0. Creating new profiles and reinstalling has done nothing to fix, any ideas?

Made a short video to demonstrate just in case there is any confusion with my explanation: 

Wow okay so I fixed it. I didn't realize that you can't change your UI scaling setting, I had it sent to 1.25x because I have bad eyes. Switching it back to 1.0x fixed it and it know counts 5 mienfoo per encounter. GG I guess

On 11/6/2022 at 9:49 PM, knocsaM said:

Hi Gilan, not sure what I did wrong but I haven't been able to get the encounter counter working recently. It was working when I first started playing PokeMMO but now that I'm trying to start shunting, nothing. Everything looks like it would work until I go do an encounter and she just stays at 0. Creating new profiles and reinstalling has done nothing to fix, any ideas?

Made a short video to demonstrate just in case there is any confusion with my explanation: 

Holy shit okay so turns out it wasn't actually my UI scaling. Turning the "High DPI Fonts" setting off breaks the encounter counter. UNLESS your game is set to 1.0x UI Scaling. (High dpi fonts off looks better imo, some text looks weird with it on) 

Basically, any UI Scaling that isn't 1.0x can't have "High DPI Fonts" turned off or it will break the encounter counter. You can however have High DPI Fonts turned off as long as you're using 1.0x UI Scaling and it will work fine. Very strange.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 12:22 AM, Crystalize said:

When i have gtl open the counter doesnt work right unless i wait like 5 seconds after i encounter the horde to refresh gtl, is there any way to fix that?

unfortunately not in a legal way. The program needs to be able to see the text from battle window, other windows in the pokemmo client will obstruct the program’s eyes.

3 hours ago, NinjaSquirtle said:

i want to say that its really awesome, but it said : error importing mod, please try again later, when i did it dosent work, could you help me gilan?

Please review the installation instructions. The GEC is a standalone app that you run separately (it’s just saved in the mods folder, but you don’t activate it like a sprite or sounds mod).

6 hours ago, Appable said:

Mac tomorrow 😞 

feel free to make one yourself.

Edited by Gilan

Hey! first of all, I want to thank you for all your efforts and for this awesome tracker.

Now the real deal: I was using this tool without any problems, 100% functional, but since this week (or maybe last week), I can't open it. It send an error and never opens the cmd.

The error window show this (copied from the debug):

[code]

ERROR:root:json_loadError:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 285, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
[/code]

I've search for solutions here in the forum and in specialized forums to try to solve it by myself first (thoug I did something/fucked the mod), but coulnd't find a solution with my lack of knowledge about this language and the mod itself.

So please, tell me if you know what I should do, I've reinstalled the game and the mod several times with no diferent results.

Thanks you again Gilan!

Edited by Krueldad
3 hours ago, Krueldad said:

Hey! first of all, I want to thank you for all your efforts and for this awesome tracker.

Now the real deal: I was using this tool without any problems, 100% functional, but since this week (or maybe last week), I can't open it. It send an error and never opens the cmd.

The error window show this (copied from the debug):

[code]

File "gui.py", line 285, in __init__
[/code]

I've search for solutions here in the forum and in specialized forums to try to solve it by myself first (thoug I did something/fucked the mod), but coulnd't find a solution with my lack of knowledge about this language and the mod itself.

So please, tell me if you know what I should do, I've reinstalled the game and the mod several times with no diferent results.

Thanks you again Gilan!

hmm, when you reinstalled the app did you do a full fresh reinstall (i.e. delete the Gilans Encounter Counter folder and all the contents, then install)?

This error usually occurs after an unexpected powerloss / closing of the app while the app was saving data, thus resulting in corruption. Tbh, I thought I had fixed this with temp file saving, but clearly I didn’t handle it right.

If that’s not the case, and you did do a full fresh reinstall, then this is bizarre error, that I’m not sure what is going on…

11 hours ago, Gilan said:

hmm, when you reinstalled the app did you do a full fresh reinstall (i.e. delete the Gilans Encounter Counter folder and all the contents, then install)?

This error usually occurs after an unexpected powerloss / closing of the app while the app was saving data, thus resulting in corruption. Tbh, I thought I had fixed this with temp file saving, but clearly I didn’t handle it right.

If that’s not the case, and you did do a full fresh reinstall, then this is bizarre error, that I’m not sure what is going on…

okay so I did a clean, fresh, reinstall in another device and it works perfectly. And yeah I had a powerloss and it surely broke it. I think it was what you are saying because I wanted to recover my progress counter and I was putting the savedata folder again, so.

So, now it works perfectly as before, I will try to shut it down manually because I always fell asleep playing XDDXDXDXD

Thanks again, mate, this is really useful and hope you can fix that little issue

7 hours ago, NinjaSquirtle said:

i still have no  idea how to fix that issue.

Please follow the installation instructions on the first post of this thread (highly recommend watching the video even if you cannot understand spoken English). If you are still having trouble afterwards, I’m sorry, I cannot help you.

49 minutes ago, NinjaSquirtle said:

you mean the video gilan?

i mean 19 minutes would take away like quarter of my time but i could if you want to.

If you cannot distinguish between what's a mod and what's a 3rd party program perhaps you should brush up on the PokeMMO mod documentation before making suggestions about file formats on a post that has 110,000 views and 15 pages of replies.

It takes less than five seconds to distinguish that this is a program with an executable and is not a mod file that contains an info xml or game data.

Edited by nurver9
8 hours ago, NinjaSquirtle said:

you mean the video gilan?

i mean 19 minutes would take away like quarter of my time but i could if you want to.

if it’s too much of a hassle for you then don’t use my tool.

I don’t charge a dime for this, I developed it over many weeks in my own spare time, have worked through countless issues to help make it as compatible with other people’s systems as I can make it, and I have provided it for completely free for anyone to download and try to run. There’s a reason it’s called the “Gilan’s Encounter Counter”, because it is quite literally an app I developed and use for myself that I made publicly available just because. So if you can’t get it to work and I can’t help you further, then I suggest you just move on and stop pouting like a child.

Have a good day.

-Gilan

image.png.6e90b6e5b31d217eaaaff3bbc8569b85.png

used to work like a charm but now i keep getting this error as soon as i load it... any idea of what to do?

EDIT:

Now i reinstalled it and the Counter does pop up but doesn't track anything probably since the black pop up screen doesnt open.

Edited by Milotic
5 hours ago, Milotic said:

EDIT:

Now i reinstalled it and the Counter does pop up but doesn't track anything probably since the black pop up screen doesnt open.

upload your logs found in the debug folder.
have you installed any other modifications by any chance? strings, etc?
does the counter data display but sprites do not load?

17 hours ago, nurver9 said:

I ended up deleting it again and installed it again.

Not sure what caused it but now its working again although the encounter data has been lost. 

Thats a price I dont mind paying tho.

Thanks for your reply tho!

On 11/26/2022 at 1:15 AM, nurver9 said:

I'm currently experiencing the same error (edit: as @Milotic) on two separate devices. I have not installed any other modifications for the game. Debug logs below as code snippets (due to file type limitations).

# guiDebug.log
  File "gui.py", line 321, in __init__

# gecDebug.log - empty

Edited by shinybank
  • Gilan changed the title to [TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update
On 12/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, AshBlawsome said:

I was having fun with this tool before but for some reason its become very slow and wont register an encounter for a few seconds, and completely fails to track if I run from the battle too fast. Is this a known issue? Tyvm!

Performance issues are largely caused by a combination of the following:

• High Screen Resolution (4K or 8K monitors)
  • Small text size in PokeMMO client (specifically your "Lv." in the battle ui is very small)
  • Weak or Overloaded CPU

In most cases, performace should be good enough that there are no issues. The exception is Safari zone encounters will not track due to text indicators not being on screen long enough for the program to capture.