[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure this has been posted a bunch of times, tried installing and running GEC for the first time and got an error. If someone knows a fix please lmk. I have GEC running after Pokemmo before getting this error. Game is windowed.
image.png.70a94e55fe5b5094796f4942ef70c2c4.pngimage.png.20705fd12fc3588a3bf1e196cd06924e.png<-- current mod folder

I'm facing this problem after booting the Encounter mod, where it pops up but doesn't register any wild poke encountered. There is no black window whatsoever.

ERROR:root:gecException:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1294, in run_app
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 300, in refresh_font_info
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 135, in refresh_gui_info
KeyError: 'is_primary'

On 9/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, Gekkeke said:

I'm facing this problem after booting the Encounter mod, where it pops up but doesn't register any wild poke encountered. There is no black window whatsoever.

ERROR:root:gecException:
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1294, in run_app
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 300, in refresh_font_info
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 135, in refresh_gui_info
KeyError: 'is_primary'

Use custom client strings that have actually been edited properly.

14 hours ago, Gilan said:

Yeah, I tested out properly edited strings and that seems to have fixed the issue. Now, what happened to the Electric Blue Theme that was available before the redisign to Archetype's style? Is it still possible to use it?

Thanks in advance 😉

52 minutes ago, Gekkeke said:

Yeah, I tested out properly edited strings and that seems to have fixed the issue. Now, what happened to the Electric Blue Theme that was available before the redisign to Archetype's style? Is it still possible to use it?

Thanks in advance 😉

by request of the creator of the theme, I replaced the old style with the new Archetype style. If you do not have the old style saved on your device, I suggest reaching out to the creator of the theme to see if they can provide you with it.

I merely include that theme in the download package because it is the one I personally use, and thus give it favoritism.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:15 PM, Gekkeke said:

Alright, thanks for the explanation! I'll ask the developer of the theme and see If he is willing to share it 🙂

Start off by cloning the default theme and replace the following 3 images:

expandedMode.png.b162912e80d18e192d06a44d01906030.png

widgetMode.PNG.9581bf77bfe414890bc0b1ccab1bf0de.PNG     

embeddedMode.png.744d125f49846c3ae767515b50b6af45.png

Then, open the guiconfig.json with text editor of your choice and replace the entire document with the following:

Spoiler

{
	"text_font": "NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc",
	"number_font": "NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc",
	"setting_title_size": 36,
	"setting_sub_size": 18,
	"setting_cell_size_text": 14,
	"setting_cell_size_numb": 14,
	"widget_text_align_x": "left",
	"widget_text_draw_x": 30,
	"widget_text_align_y": "center",
	"widget_text_draw_y": 20,
	"widget_text_size": 11,
	"widget_text_color": [255,255,255],
	"expanded_text_size": 11,
	"expanded_text_color": [255,255,255],
	"expanded_text_align_x": "left",
	"expanded_text_draw_x": 53,
	"expanded_text_align_y": "center",
	"expanded_text_draw_top_y": 17,
	"expanded_text_draw_bottom_y": 110,
	"expanded_icon_align_x": "center",
	"expanded_icon_draw_x": 23,
	"expanded_count": 4,
	"expanded_panel_x_to_widget": 0,
	"expanded_panel_y_to_widget": 34,
	"embedded_text_align_x": "left",
	"embedded_text_draw_x": 25,
	"embedded_text_align_y": "center",
	"embedded_text_draw_y": 9
}

Rename the folder to whatever you prefer, it used to be called "Electric Blue".

Edited by nurver9
add spoiler for code
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the tool, its really useful.

Just a request, not sure if its possible. Unfortunately the tool doesn't work properly unless UI scale is set to 1.0, same with the other counter tool.

Is there a chance that you can support higher UI scales? I play on a 4K monitor, so ui scale is essentially mandatory to play and stream

Hi, have loved using this tool for the past couple weeks. Last night though when I shut my game down via logging out I got an error message for the 1st time regarding my save file. When I re-load the game the counter hasn't saved my latest encounters from my last session. I close the game and it comes up with the same error message. Same error comes up when I try to dump my data too.image.thumb.png.83f50b8dc222c9a1fec07bc9b1e460ce.png

The guiDebug.log file looks like pretty much the same: 

ERROR:root:guiException:
  File "gui.py", line 414, in safe_save
FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: 'D:\\PokeMMO\\data\\mods\\Gilans Encounter Counter\\config\\gecconfig.json' -> 'D:\\PokeMMO\\data\\mods\\Gilans Encounter Counter\\config\\gecconfigDelete.json'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "gui.py", line 885, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 813, in run
  File "gui.py", line 420, in save_data
  File "gui.py", line 418, in safe_save
FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: 'D:\\PokeMMO\\data\\mods\\Gilans Encounter Counter\\config\\tmpoaqgsisg.tmp' -> 'D:\\PokeMMO\\data\\mods\\Gilans Encounter Counter\\config\\gecconfig.json'

Edited by TheoPembo
49 minutes ago, Hatusan said:

image.thumb.png.7dfc025aebf844fa49937f00430c6c4a.png

Is it a false alert or does it actually have a trojan?

it's a false positive. still the same engines that have always flagged the app. see this previous reply from page 7.
k7 AV actually cleared the app if you compare these results to the ones from last year.

Edited by nurver9

Can't seem to get this to work either, unfortunately. It just will not register any encounters.

Tried using:

-All English roms
-All languages unchecked except for English in settings
-UI scale set to 1.0

-Windowed mode
-Disabled/ re-enabled HD sprites mod
-Various resolutions and other settings to no avail

Great tool, thanks.

Remember to select languaje to match same as ingame with right click on the app to open options menu.

E: Starting pokemmo as admin makes the tool to stop counting. Starting both as admin just same. For me only works starting pokemmo and the tool without admin rights.

E2: Ive maganed to make it works with admin rights. There are some .exe inside the counter folder, every single one needs to have admin rights (Right click on the .exe flie, prop, compatibility, run as admin, accept).

bOOo1bI.png

Edited by FeRRiS
3 hours ago, achris1221 said:

The counter is working perfectly but I have a problem where I can't click anything in the game while the counter is open, do you have any solution for this? Thanks

Are you on Windows 7? The program was built on Windows 10, and still works on Windows 11.

Hey Gilan, sorry for the (likely) silly question, but your counter doesn't work with the Archetype theme, right? Is it due to the font change?
I'm aware they offer an alternative and that you're not working on your counter anymore, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong and if there's any relatively easy workaround for it.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, MaidLulia said:

Hey Gilan, sorry for the (likely) silly question, but your counter doesn't work with the Archetype theme, right? Is it due to the font change?
I'm aware they offer an alternative and that you're not working on your counter anymore, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong and if there's any relatively easy workaround for it.

Cheers!

Hey just letting you know again that we are aware of the issue and have found a solution. There will be an update soon to make sure Archetype stays compatible with GEC

On 10/24/2022 at 9:32 AM, MaidLulia said:

Cheers!

Now fixed in the theme's 21392 update.

Whenever I encounter hordes (swarms? not sure what they're called), it counts my own pokemon instead of the horde mons. This has happened multiple times. 

I'm on Windows 10, default UI / theme, 1.25x scaling, and have no mods installed besides GEC. Single encounters work just fine. No error as far as I saw the few times it happened. This happened both on Windowed and borderless windowed. I actually changed to straight up windowed mode because GEC wouldn't stay on top of PMMO in borderless. 

I've included a screenshotin the reply, though the debug files are both empty. This is my dump although I dont see anything of note: https://pastebin.com/kk7rCfFn

Sorry if I missed anything, but when I tried to google and search this thread I didnt find any solution. Thanks in advance!

Edit: works fine in Route 3 tall grass..?

GEC_2nyIxsr1V9.png

Edited by Lianri
On 9/26/2022 at 11:44 PM, Gilan said:

Hello Gilan.

I'm facing same issue, but I didn't understand the solution.
Could you please explain what I'm suppose to do?

I've tried to download the Mod again, but no luck.