[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

On 12/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, AshBlawsome said:

I was having fun with this tool before but for some reason its become very slow and wont register an encounter for a few seconds, and completely fails to track if I run from the battle too fast. Is this a known issue? Tyvm!

Performance issues are largely caused by a combination of the following:

• High Screen Resolution (4K or 8K monitors)
  • Small text size in PokeMMO client (specifically your "Lv." in the battle ui is very small)
  • Weak or Overloaded CPU

In most cases, performace should be good enough that there are no issues. The exception is Safari zone encounters will not track due to text indicators not being on screen long enough for the program to capture.

On 11/29/2022 at 2:33 PM, shinybank said:

I'm currently experiencing the same error (edit: as @Milotic) on two separate devices. I have not installed any other modifications for the game. Debug logs below as code snippets (due to file type limitations).

# guiDebug.log
ERROR:root:json_loadError:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 321, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

# gecDebug.log - empty

Please do a full fresh reinstall of my app. I recently made an update, and I believe this issue should now be fixed.

Additionally, the GEC now better supports custom strings, so there should be fewer errors encountered as a result of having a custom string downloaded (especially if it has a bad header).

15 hours ago, AkitoChan said:

Hi, I got this error out of the blue... everything was working smoothly even with my mods before.... I tried updating it but it still persists, how can I fix this?

image.png.509fb5a60a5faca2e45da481e6f52699.png

looks like dropped data / corrupt profile possibly. backup and or remove "profile 1" from your files, regenerate with fresh files and see if issue persists

22 hours ago, AkitoChan said:

Hi, I got this error out of the blue... everything was working smoothly even with my mods before.... I tried updating it but it still persists, how can I fix this?

image.png.509fb5a60a5faca2e45da481e6f52699.png

Hi this is due to data corruption (most likely due to an unexpected termination of the program, i.e. powerloss of your system). The update can’t fix corrupted data, but it should now be saving the data in such a way that it can recover from such cases.

Please do a fresh reinstall.

Yo, Gilian, I highly appreciate your work on this counter, but I faced an issue: black screen doesnt pop up => counter doesnt work, even after reinstalling it and repairing my client many times. At first, it worked for few days, but after some time it suddenly broke 😞
Debug folder is clear, there is no error popping up.

I'm using default theme, default strings and 1x ui scaling

Can you please help with my issue or simply point at a post where this problem is solved? (I looked for a post with solution, but didnt find anything)

17 hours ago, GreenTheTrader said:

Yo, Gilian, I highly appreciate your work on this counter, but I faced an issue: black screen doesnt pop up => counter doesnt work, even after reinstalling it and repairing my client many times. At first, it worked for few days, but after some time it suddenly broke 😞
Debug folder is clear, there is no error popping up.

I'm using default theme, default strings and 1x ui scaling

Can you please help with my issue or simply point at a post where this problem is solved? (I looked for a post with solution, but didnt find anything)

Likely a java issue. Might be fixed by doing a full uninstall and reinstall of the pokemmo client (and then a clean install of the GEC), if you want to go through that hassle…

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, i have installed GEC on my client and i have a little problem similar to German's ROM (it doesn't count single encounters). I'm using Italian's ROM so i'm asking if it's a language problem or it's something else.

Hello, I've installed encounter counter and that's the message I'm getting. I'm on windows 7. Can I fix it by any chance so encounter will be working? Thanks for help in advance.

dd.png

Full error msg: 

File "gui.py", line 905, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 847, in run
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'calc_local_offset'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "gui.py", line 919, in <module>
NameError: name 'exit' is not defined

11 hours ago, Mcfly13 said:

Hello, I've installed encounter counter and that's the message I'm getting. I'm on windows 7. Can I fix it by any chance so encounter will be working? Thanks for help in advance.

dd.png

Full error msg: 

I'm not sure and i'm not the developer but i think it's bc he didn't recognize the script, maybe for the OS that use different functions  in python. It's only a theory, dont take as sure. 

6 hours ago, mike4dgk said:

image.png.f8da46200ddc8834e0031719502d4059.png

tried changing tcl path to tk but error just changed to ...\GEC\tcl not found. Any suggestions? There is no tc file in the directory. Also is the tk the only place where pyi_rth__tkinter.py would be or could it be somewhere else.

i believe the issue was that the mediafire download is missing files. the google drive download works perfectly

On 7/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, Gilan said:

Hello everyone,

I just got approval from the PokeMMO staff on Aug 30th for my app. (Latest update 12/4/2022)

Please keep in mind this is a BETA release and only for Windows 64bit systems (32bit will come soon, and I want to get a MacOS version at some point). Expect bugs, crashes, it just plainly not working, etc.. I ask that you report these bugs back to me in the following format:

Description of issue (what happened, what were you doing, etc.):

Is the issue reproduceable (i.e. can you make it happen again)?

Anything in the debug folder? if so please make a https://pastebin.com of the debug files

Did the app spit out an error to you? (if so please screenshot it)

What PokeMMO client theme were you using?

What ui scaling is your client on?

I may reach out to you to gather additional details depending on the issue.

Here is the download linkhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/hr23yrqsr4tsz8s/GEC_Package.zip/file

Google Drive alternative link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pVF59IYXpthMCuCnjdm-zcHp4KxTijs/view?usp=sharing

v1.0.2 changelog

IF YOU ARE UPDATING: the process is the same as the first install, except this time it will ask you if you want to replace the files, select "replace all". Do not worry, this will not overwrite your save data.

Copy that zip file to your ./PokeMMO/data/mods folder and then perform an "Extract Here"

Example path to .exe file: ./PokeMMO/data/mods/Gilans Encounter Counter/GEC/GEC.exe

(if instead the folder in your mods folder is /GEC Package/ navigate into it and bring the Gilans Encounter Counter folder up one level)

You can create a desktop shortcut for the .exe file if you wish. If you want the tool to boot up with PokeMMO, create a batch file

CUSTOM THEMES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD:

Reveal hidden contents

Bear theme (only Expanded Mode):

unknown.png

Here is a video with installation instructions and a walkthrough of the app:

Hope you enjoy!

Want to make your own custom theme for my app? Check out my quick run through of how to do it

KNOWN BUGS (not yet fixed in downloadable version):

- Fullscreen mode unsupported at this time. (unsure if I will be able to fix this, as the Fullscreen mode for PokeMMO is not capturable, even by regular screenshot methods; and it prevents any window from being on top of it) Best suggestion is to just play in borderless window mode while using the encounter app.

- Safari Zone encounters don't always count properly. This is due to the "A wild X appeared!" text is not up on the screen for a long interval. Currently working on a fix for this

- Doesn't count Zorua species (will count as the species it is currently illusion'd as)

- German ROMs do not count single encounters. This is caused by a typo in the single wild battle start text.

Fixed bugs and update in downloadable version:

- jre path location that exists in a personal user folder path will not work. If you don't see a black window pop up on startup, this is most likely the culprit. (prevents counting) I have a fix for this and will be implementing it very soon!

- Settings page is too tall and doesn’t scale with smaller screen sizes. You should be able to drag the settings page up and down which should trigger it snapping to the top or bottom. This will allow you to access the rest of the page. Will add a scroll feature in the future.

- If you use custom strings, my tool will not currently work for you. I am working on a fix. awkways has posted a workaround for the timebeing.

- Certain pokemon aren't being counted, while others are (and I'm not on 1.25x, 1.5x, or 1.75x ui scaling). This is likely due to my program being unnecessarily strict on image matching when the font rendering is slightly different (due to anti aliasing or something). I will relax the restrictions in the next update which should alleviate this issue. Also check if your antialiasing is set to "no antialiasing" (in Graphics) and High DPI Font is enabled (In Interface)

- The black window is still not showing up. Likely due to the PokeMMO main.properties listing a mod name that does not exist. A workaround on the user side can be to delete this mod name from the main.properties file. An code-side fix will be included in the update I will be pushing later this week.

-Gilan

-problem resolved

Edited by Spacedonuts
issue resolved
On 1/3/2023 at 8:01 PM, Mcfly13 said:

dd.png

Full error msg: 

likely a compatibility issue with Windows 7. The app was designed for and packaged on Windows 10. Unfortunately Windows 7 is old enough that I do not plan to debug issues that arise on that operating system.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:13 AM, mike4dgk said:

image.png.f8da46200ddc8834e0031719502d4059.png

tried changing tcl path to tk but error just changed to ...\GEC\tcl not found. Any suggestions? There is no tc file in the directory. Also is the tk the only place where pyi_rth__tkinter.py would be or could it be somewhere else.

bizarre that google drive download worked, but mediafire didn't. Something must have gone wrong in the installation process for the mediafire on your machine, as both have the exact same zip uploaded.

Okey I am here again so the counter worked for 2 months and now giving up again.

File "gui.py", line 902, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 677, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 462, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 298, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I tried to reinstall it but it doesn't update. Is there a way of storing the data then importing it in the new install?

Hello, your tool is very useful but i have a question. Is it possible to remove somehow a catched pokemon from hunting list ? I forgot turn off program and went hunt wild then encounter some random pokemons that's poped up on my main list. I found "encData.pkl" file but it's unable to edit it like .txt file.

It will be cool if we could manually manage the pokemon that we encountered in our database.