Suggestions for Shiny Basculin/Shiny Take Down mon hunting?

Looking at a lot of different Ghost Pokemon that have a decent moveset for the purpose of shiny hunting Pokemon with Take Down, on in the very specific case of Basculin, Soak and Final Gambit.

The frontrunner is Jellicent because it's Ghost/Water and wouldn't be hindered by a Soak into Final Gambit suicide, but this is a niche case. It doesn't get Disable, False Swipe (pretty sure Shedinja is the only one that gets this), or Hypnosis.

Some other decent choices I was looking into were Gengar or Cofagrigus which get some of these moves but not all, and are susceptible to the shiny Basculin suicide if they get Soaked.

Other considerations were Dusclops, Sableye, Banette, Chandelure, Golurk, Mismagius, etc. But I haven't done the same deep dive on their movesets for the purpose of shiny hunting; ideally some sort of sleep move, a way to disable Take Down/Final Gambit if applicable, and a way to eliminate other mons in the horde while also being able to chip down a lower level shiny without killing it.

I'm sure there are some people who have put more thought into this than myself so I'm just curious to see what their findings might've been and if they have a mon recommendation as well as the moveset(s).

Thanks in advance.

Well, its not a ghost type but I just finished making a Parasect for pokemon hunting using False Swipe, Spore and Sweet Scent.

I used Secret Power for my fourth slot because I needed a handy mon with it to get into my base, but you can swap that out for a number of other handy moves.

Full happiness Frustration is a good trick I use for some of my hunters too. 

2 hours ago, WolfgangDamien said:

Well, its not a ghost type but I just finished making a Parasect for pokemon hunting using False Swipe, Spore and Sweet Scent.

I used Secret Power for my fourth slot because I needed a handy mon with it to get into my base, but you can swap that out for a number of other handy moves.

Full happiness Frustration is a good trick I use for some of my hunters too. 

Well being Ghost type is pretty much the bare minimum for what I'm looking to do. I need to not be hit by Take Down or Final Gambit suicides.

A combination of Imprison + Final Gambit on a bulk-invested lead Smeargle would prevent it outright. To avoid Take Down self-KOs, shinies are rare enough that it's worth just throwing balls at one on full HP + asleep instead of False Swiping it, or you can prevent its use with Imprison as well.

1 hour ago, Rache said:

A combination of Imprison + Final Gambit on a bulk-invested lead Smeargle would prevent it outright. To avoid Take Down self-KOs, shinies are rare enough that it's worth just throwing balls at one on full HP + asleep instead of False Swiping it, or you can prevent its use with Imprison as well.

I guess that would work with an Imprison/Take Down/Final Gambit/False Swipe moveset. Maybe I'll shiny hunt one for that purpose. A bit of a shame though...I thought the answer would be a Ghost type that I could shunt for. I find them a bit more colorful that a slightly yellower Smeargle with a red paint dip.

You could use Smeargle conversion+shadow claw (note: shadow claw on first slot) and two other moves as you like.

I generally brings Taunt Soak FS Yawn set smeargle and it should be able to prevent most cases, except explosion, self destruct and final gambit.

For other take down cases, I prefer skill swap+magic guard solosis-line

Edited by Riesz
Add on
10 hours ago, Riesz said:

For other take down cases, I prefer skill swap+magic guard solosis-line

Ooh that's something I hadn't thought of. So that could deal with Take Down, I'm not in front of my game right now so does it get any sleep or False Swipe-esque moves? Also does this work against Final Gambit or is that a no?

9 hours ago, Bryce said:

Ooh that's something I hadn't thought of. So that could deal with Take Down, I'm not in front of my game right now so does it get any sleep or False Swipe-esque moves? Also does this work against Final Gambit or is that a no?

Just skill swap, then change to catcher.

If u plan to use it as lead, invest in speed evs and hold smoke ball. Their speed isn't best so smoke ball helps to run away

Against final gambit is a no (i think)

Edited by Riesz