Gym rematch vs trainer rematch

Hello! I have just finished all 4 regions couple of weeks ago and was grinding for my first competitive team. First I bought lv 100 2x31 typhlosion, a low level drought torkoal and a low level prankster whimsicott with tailwind and paired them with my lv 100 starter swampert that knows rock slide. I could do ~16 gyms in an hour with amulet coin and earn upto 200k. Then I switched to rich trainer rematches with a lv 100 2x31 payday persian and earned about 175k an hour with amulet coin (excluding morimoto). Although the difference is of ~25k the ease of trainer rematches is incomparable to gym rematches. In gym rematches you have to worry about fake outs, prankster will o wisp, gliscor's dig, wobbuffet's destiny bond, rock slide missing, multiscale dragonite, eviolite chansey, flash fire pokemons or the opponent pokemon straight up not killing lv 20 whimsicott. On top of that you can do the run only once a day due to cool down while the trainer rematches can be done 3 times a day totaling upto 500k (including morimoto). The point of this thread is for you to consider rich trainer rematches if you are facing same problems I faced in gym rematch runs, otherwise do what you feel most comfortable with. Thnx! 

Edited by Striker3649
10 minutes ago, MoxPeanut said:

Hi and thanks for your recommendation!

Perhaps you could consider posting a guide showing the runs you're using (ie which trainers you battle and approximate times)? Personally I'd love to be able to earn almost as much as a gym run with less effort and to repeat that more often.

Good idea, I will make one as soon as I get time, thnx. 

• 9 months later...