psl when ._.

What are you guys thought regarding these ideas?

• PSL 12 system: Each player must play a Bo2 (manager can play one duel per week compared the other players that need to play 2)
  • Team rejects: 7 managers draft their team and the 8th manager gets all the rejects
  • Previously banned players are allowed to play if they win their unban auction.
Spoiler

Player A is banned and offers 500k to PSL to get unbanned.
Player B is a salty rich asshole that hates Player A and offers 1M to PSL for Player A to remain banned.
Player C is a friend of Player A and wants him to be allowed to play, so he offers PSL 1.5M so that Player A can play.
etc.

• Manager tier selection: Each week, the managers that face off will be able to each pick one of the tiers in which the players will compete

Edited by gbwead

8 Tiers: OU UU NU Dubs LC Untiered ManagerPick1 ManagerPick2

• Untiered just to give it an opportunity but if not OUx2 is an option

1st place in season won a % of the prize, 7th and 8th place are eliminated, 3rd vs 6th and 4th vs 5th are preliminaries to face 1st and 2nd in playoffs

No more long auction pls, normal per turns with a limit of credits

• After managers are selected and players signups are finished, manager could pick a captain free

Managers play too

No midseason but I'm in favor of doing an after-season, when season is over and we rest one week, this could be used to release players, transfer between teams and even an auction to eliminated/no picked players with few credits (Ex: 100credits for first auction, 10credits for after-season auction)

Edited by Sebat
23 minutes ago, Sebat said:

8 Tiers: OU UU NU Dubs LC Untiered ManagerPick1 ManagerPick2

• Untiered just to give it an opportunity but if not OUx2 is an option

And why not LC UU or LC Dubs? I think it is another great chance to continue giving relevance to the Tier.

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

• PSL 12 system: Each player must play a Bo2 (manager can play one duel per week compared the other players that need to play 2)
  • Team rejects: 7 managers draft their team and the 8th manager gets all the rejects
  • Previously banned players are allowed to play if they win their unban auction.
  Reveal hidden contents

Player A is banned and offers 500k to PSL to get unbanned.
Player B is a salty rich asshole that hates Player A and offers 1M to PSL for Player A to remain banned.
Player C is a friend of Player A and wants him to be allowed to play, so he offers PSL 1.5M so that Player A can play.
etc.

• Manager tier selection: Each week, the managers that face off will be able to each pick one of the tiers in which the players will compete

I think this is the most important competitive tournament in the competitive community, an eighth team with rejected players should not exist, this is the tournament where the best players are going to prove our worth, we do not come to learn to play (Of course we all continue learning more and more, but at least in this event comes with a most knowledge of the game).

3 hours ago, Cristi said:

And why not LC UU or LC Dubs? I think it is another great chance to continue giving relevance to the Tier.

You dont give relevance to the tier, you give matches and resources from a hype event to a terrible tier and waste a potential OU or whatever hype battle with tactic from the managers to please the 0.1% playerbase that still plays that thing

14 hours ago, gbwead said:

Previously banned players are allowed to play if they win their unban auction.

I think the salty rich asshole part is very funny and I wonder if salty not rich assholes can participate aswell, like instead player A offers 500k and player C 1.5M, player C just adds 1M to the bid "in favour". Does that make sense idk but it would be funnier to me and bring opinion of larger part of community in that matter. 

Edited by Poufilou
16 hours ago, gbwead said:

As a very likely future reject this PSL, a rejects team probably isn't necessary. Like other people have said, it's meant to showcase the best, and while there's a very small chance that there might be one in the undrafted, the general quality of the matches would go down because of it. If you'd want something that could lead to the rejects playing, adding a (smaller) lower division with rejected managers leading those teams could work, and (assuming a midseason would happen), could showcase the talent of some of them for midseason, and give credibility to rejected managers for future PSLs. Because of the fact that they wouldn't be drafted in the main league, they shouldn't be playing for the donation pool and pretty much for the experience and the midseason pickup chance.

Also, free VGC17

On 11/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, JeanMarc said:

As a very likely future reject this PSL, a rejects team probably isn't necessary. Like other people have said, it's meant to showcase the best, and while there's a very small chance that there might be one in the undrafted, the general quality of the matches would go down because of it. If you'd want something that could lead to the rejects playing, adding a (smaller) lower division with rejected managers leading those teams could work, and (assuming a midseason would happen), could showcase the talent of some of them for midseason, and give credibility to rejected managers for future PSLs. Because of the fact that they wouldn't be drafted in the main league, they shouldn't be playing for the donation pool and pretty much for the experience and the midseason pickup chance.

Also, free VGC17

I’d still be interested in a rejects group mainly because the “best” players aren’t always selected but rather the most well known. Yes, the two tend to go hand in hand, but there are a few exceptions. See every previous psl champion in recent memory, pretty much all of them succeeded with low credit high reward buys. And worrying about quality of matches in this mmo isn’t too relevant, I’ve seen everything from exp share hold items to using an electric move on a ground type in psl play. There’s also a level of added motivation to wanting to beat a “drafted” player that allows for some good competitive matches

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.