what happened to halloween?

It is the first post I make, normally for something to bother me it must be something of great relevance, the community waited months for this event, because personally I consider it the best event of the year.
This year they activated the unique species clause and they activated a helper that summons rain.
When we got a way to be able to beat him, which was hard anyway they nerfed taunt, why? nobody knows.
It is not possible that every time a slightly functional strategy can be discovered, they will make the king more difficult.
It is unfair that they give an event where people prefer candy or bags to beat the pumpkin king.
The only thing they achieve is that the rich remain rich and the new and poor player has no chance.

Rache posted this in another thread:

"This change was made as Taunt trivialized the boss to an unreasonable degree, allowing players to mindlessly follow a guide to beat the whole thing extremely consistently in 10-11 turns with few items in ~10 minutes of gameplay. When designing something intended to be fought repeatedly, some amount of RNG is required to ensure that this isn't the case, players should occasionally be expected to need to think about what to do with their turn.

Post-nerf, while still extremely powerful when it hits, its loss of consistency means that you'll sometimes have to adapt to a less ideal situation when it doesn't, or try something else. The boss was designed to be plenty beatable without it and tested with less optimal teams than the ones being used now.

We realize that flipping coins to land Taunt isn't very fun, but unfortunately our options to tweak it mid-event are limited - the only other option would be to disable it entirely. We've thought of a better/less annoying way to nerf it for future events, but are unable to implement it for this one."

Edited by Atumisk