[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Court Auction

my two cents are that psl gets stale after a long time without changes. trotting out the usual psl14 general thread and donations would have created a short burst of "hey cool" and then complete radio silence until manager's thread, then player signups etc etc. 

gb clearly saw an opportunity to stir the pot right away with a very controversial new system that is, ultimately, designed to increase donations to psl. At the same time, there have been quite a few players from past seasons who were potentially not punished further due to the "new host doesn't abide by previous bans" unwritten rule. The cool part about this system is it's very clear which of the banned players the community will rally to defend and allow to play, and which are perhaps truly deserving of the ban - with no one even bothering to defend them. One random wealthy dude tried throwing his money at keeping a player banned and committees started forming in back rooms plotting to keep him around, while most of his posts received respectable support and random wealthy dude continuously gets crickets. If that's not an indication of whether he should be allowed to play or not, I don't know what is, and this system shone a spotlight on that.

I think there were obviously flaws, easy to point them out in hindsight, but overall it's been a pretty good ride. 

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Gbwead, Paul doesn't trust your slimy ass. Not only did you openly state that you weren't going to uphold my ban, but you suddenly started asking for him to hand you over his bids even though he now knows it's pointless. Are you asking other players bidding above us to send over their cash every time they make a bid? It doesn't look like it. My man made a sensible move, so let it go. Your whole auction is sketch as fuck, simple and plain. Even I'm being listed as owing 16m even though the bids were raised artificially by someone you now have banned. Broken system made to rig your PSL for drama-filled donations. And you think you're better than me as a host, you're basically a reincarnation.

I didn't say I wouldn't uphold your ban, I said I would not let you get banned. It's not the same thing at all. In one case, the anti-jj crew has more money than the pro-jj crew and I choose to let you play anyways (not what I said). In the other case, I vow the join the pro-jj crew to make sure the pro-jj crew has more money than the anti-jj crew. I have no idea why you are so offended with the idea that I would use my money to help you out. 

As for the security deposit I asked, I will ask for one again if a bid ever reaches 30 M. I will also ask for one if one of the bidder seems disingenuous.

35 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I didn't say I wouldn't uphold your ban, I said I would not let you get banned. It's not the same thing at all. In one case, the anti-jj crew has more money than the pro-jj crew and I choose to let you play anyways (not what I said). In the other case, I vow the join the pro-jj crew to make sure the pro-jj crew has more money than the anti-jj crew. I have no idea why you are so offended with the idea that I would use my money to help you out. 

As for the security deposit I asked, I will ask for one again if a bid ever reaches 30 M. I will also ask for one if one of the bidder seems disingenuous.

bidenwead2.jpg.007e24c1b5f88ecf6e87b078bd6ea3ac.jpg

58 minutes ago, gbwead said:

That's simply not how an auction goes, if the auction winner doesn't get it, it goes to the 2nd winner and so on, without a proper moderation team behind this, it will never work and it's easy enough to fake inflate. 

They're not paying anything and throwing their money. They are donating for the event. While their reasons may be selfish or altruistic, at the end it helps the community in some way. Everyone is welcome to add importance to whether a player has right to participate or not in these circumstances. If there should be any reaction to their commitment, it should comment the pro and cons and your whatever feelings about keeping the player banned or not, and not just the silly bid game that was created to make the discussion happen in a creative way. Pretty sure there were better ways to do it but at least seize opportunities you get. 

On 11/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, DoubleJ said:

Gbwead, Paul doesn't trust your slimy ass. Not only did you openly state that you weren't going to uphold my ban, but you suddenly started asking for him to hand you over his bids even though he now knows it's pointless. Are you asking other players bidding above us to send over their cash every time they make a bid? It doesn't look like it. My man made a sensible move, so let it go. Your whole auction is sketch as fuck, simple and plain. Even I'm being listed as owing 16m even though the bids were raised artificially by someone you now have banned. Broken system made to rig your PSL for drama-filled donations. And you think you're better than me as a host, you're basically a reincarnation.

I was going to put all my cash on you anyway, could go higher but too lazy to sell stuff and I have like 15M cash iirc so you're not scammed dw ❤️

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.