[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Manager Registration Thread

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

bidenwead4a.jpg.ed1894b3a17e3f0b969b979b4c68119b.jpg

1. Implements rigged system to try and reban players that already served their sentence

2. Pisses off people trying to ban scum players by telling them he's going to unban them regardless

3. Asks players to hand him 30m even though he says their bids won't matter

4. Refuses to allow arguably the best manager ever (2x champion what?!) a chance to manage again

5. Negates anyone who isn't active a chance to manage, despite their history and accomplishments

6. Tries to claim he's not biased but clearly is

7. Has probably the worst prize pool to date when you consider inflation

8. Tries to elect a small council to reduce bias, but only after he makes all the decisions already

9. Flamed past hosts for too much drama then creates some of the most drama PSL has ever seen before the season even starts

10. Cheated in an official and got kicked from TC

What am I missing?

He hasn't added dpp yet

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

It's easy to be a good manager/player when all is going well. When everything is not going well, that's when you see who is a good manager/player and who is a quitter. I don't care if Pachima won before, I'm not going to give a former quitter no penalty. You can either share that penalty with him since you are a big part of why he quit or he can take on the penalty by himself. 

Or you could stop talking about stuff you are ignorant about. You are free to judge me as a manager/player in whatever way it helps you sleep at night because I don't care. But the moment you choose to do so, at least make sure you know the whole story behind every event. 

I won't dwell much into Cali's PSL because I'd have to involve people other than me and I am not interested in dragging any more names into that mess.

Claiming being a good manager is easy when all is going well literally proves how little research you did, how much you don't know or how much you choose not to know because my PSL 11 was everything but "well" and 10 seconds into forum's search would explain you why.

Regarding my application: I don't want any special treatment neither do I want others to "sacrifice" for myself. It is your system and, as much as I dislike it and as much as other seasons have shown it to be flawed, I have to minimally respect it as long as it doesn't go too far.

On that same note I will be withdrawing from this PSL as a manager to avoid any funny business you may want to attempt against me in the future. 

I don't think my opinion matters much, but to give my point of view I will.
It is not a bad system to assume that those who won the most will be better managers, but it has already been seen that a top player is not a top manager.
If this system had always existed, I would never have become a manager and in my defense I will say that I do not think I did it wrong, I finished in the top 4 in my first year as a manager, being second in the regular season and second in my second year, finishing first in the regular season. And my return to try to be a manager again is due to the different players who asked me to be, since I was one of the few who opted for the new ones (9 rookies in psl XIII).
That said, pachima shows  to be an effective manager by winning his 2 PSL, although his seasons as a player or his achievements are not as good as other players, with this system you are depriving him of something he deserves, by this I do not mean that he or I have to be a manager, on the contrary I respect their system but it is not 100% fair.

Edited by isi1993
15 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I'm super curious about my score but I know it would be a fucking huge pain in the ass to research through all PSL seasons, still if you'd be willing to do it just for the sake of it, I'd appreciate it GB

I mean it literally took me 10 minutes. 

3 hours ago, pachima said:

Or you could stop talking about stuff you are ignorant about. You are free to judge me as a manager/player in whatever way it helps you sleep at night because I don't care. But the moment you choose to do so, at least make sure you know the whole story behind every event. 

I won't dwell much into Cali's PSL because I'd have to involve people other than me and I am not interested in dragging any more names into that mess.

Claiming being a good manager is easy when all is going well literally proves how little research you did, how much you don't know or how much you choose not to know because my PSL 11 was everything but "well" and 10 seconds into forum's search would explain you why.

Regarding my application: I don't want any special treatment neither do I want others to "sacrifice" for myself. It is your system and, as much as I dislike it and as much as other seasons have shown it to be flawed, I have to minimally respect it as long as it doesn't go too far.

On that same note I will be withdrawing from this PSL as a manager to avoid any funny business you may want to attempt against me in the future. 

I know exactly about what I am talking about. In PSL 10, your team was ranked 1st the entire season. In PSL 11, your team didn't do as good, but you guys certainly never were 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th. With Cali, your team was at the very bottom for several weeks and all you could do was blame each other all the time to the point you and her were begging me to let you get released. That's very shitty and I'm going to take it into account.

Edited by gbwead
6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

bidenwead4a.jpg.ed1894b3a17e3f0b969b979b4c68119b.jpg

1. Implements rigged system to try and reban players that already served their sentence

2. Pisses off people trying to ban scum players by telling them he's going to unban them regardless

3. Asks players to hand him 30m even though he says their bids won't matter

4. Refuses to allow arguably the best manager ever (2x champion what?!) a chance to manage again

5. Negates anyone who isn't active a chance to manage, despite their history and accomplishments

6. Tries to claim he's not biased but clearly is

7. Has probably the worst prize pool to date when you consider inflation

8. Tries to elect a small council to reduce bias, but only after he makes all the decisions already

9. Flamed past hosts for too much drama then creates some of the most drama PSL has ever seen before the season even starts

10. Cheated in an official and got kicked from TC

What am I missing?

A reality check I suppose.

2 hours ago, LeJovi said:

IGN: LeJovi

Motivation: to know my score 

PSL as a player: 5, 6, 7, 8

PSL as a manager: 9, 13 

2020 --> (1 wins + 0 second place) x 0.9= 0.9

2017 --> (1 wins + 1 second place) x 0.6= 0.9

2016 --> (5 wins + 1 second place) x 0.5= 2.75

PSL 5 --> (2 wins - 5 loses)/15 = -0.2

PSL 6 --> (6 wins - 2 loses)/14 = 0.286

PSL 7 --> (4 wins - 4 loses)/13 = 0

PSL 8 --> (5 wins - 3 lose)/12 = 0.167

Banned/Released: No (x1)
Won a season as manager: No (x1)

Regular season performance: 6th in PSL 9 (x0.75)

Regular seson performance: 4th in PSL 13 (x1)

(0.9+0.9+2.75-0.2+0.286+0.167)x1x1x0.75x1 = 3.60 = D tier Candidate

2 hours ago, isi1993 said:

If this system had always existed, I would never have become a manager and in my defense I will say that I do not think I did it wrong, I finished in the top 4 in my first year as a manager, being second in the regular season and second in my second year, finishing first in the regular season. And my return to try to be a manager again is due to the different players who asked me to be, since I was one of the few who opted for the new ones (9 rookies in psl XIII).

Back in 2019, the time at which you got most of your HoF entries (so without any deflation to your score), I think your score would be significantly higher than what it is now. Out of all the candidates (DoubleJ, RealDevilLegend, MaatthewMLG, Frags, Nahwel, Cali, Linken, Lazaaro, Luke, JulianFNT, Mlhawk, Kloneman, Hopy, Leviatharian, Lifestyle and Kimikozen) that applied with you in PSL 12, I believe only Frags, Lazaaro, MaathewMLG, Mlhawk and Lifestyle could potentially have a score higher than yours. Imo, if the system was put in place back then, you would have definetly been picked. 

11 hours ago, gbwead said:

For instance, in the D tier, we have Daryl with 0.86 pts, Pachima with 0 pts, Endii with 2.64 pts and Quinn with 1.45 pts.

Let's say Quinn and Daryl decide to challenge each other for 0.86 pts (the maximum available) and Quinn wins the Bo3; Quinn would then have 2.31 pts and Daryl would have 0 pts.

Quinn would then be able to challenge Endii for 2.31 pts; if Quinn wins the Bo3 vs Endii, Endii would then have 0.33 pts and Quinn would then have 4.62 pts. 

This would allow Quinn to go from D tier to C tier. 

Edit: I fear this could be easily exploited, so it probably needs more thoughts.

just pick 1 player from the c and d tier

Edited by Quinn010
i dont want to be manager xd

IGN: Spaintakula
Motivation: Winning psl as a manager really, that, and wanna see gb calc my tier. And also sick of getting either managers who quit halfway through the season(greck), or are just plain daryl tier(daryl).
PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: Uhh, 2 many 2 count. Psl 2, 3, 4, 6 or 7, 8 or 9, psl teams
PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager: 0

IGN: iMat/MaatthewMLG
Motivation: for my ego and 

frags.png.d0402d0cd98025d61706e034648f840b.png

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: 

PSL IX - Tenacious Tentacruels (overToasted)

PSL X - Transformers, Assemble! (pachima)

PSL XIII - The Trashtalking Taillows (YettoDie)

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager:

PSL XI - Spared No Expense

PSL XII - No Shaymin Losing

i'm a sig maker main UwU 

PSL-Sig-SparedNoExpense.png.2350efaac305a6966bc76016b5cadd8f.png

NSL-Matt.png.b101794f101818313f215113e89a3005.png

Trashtalking-Taillows.png.c58c76e5b04d70e80956179dc0bf905b.png

Edited by MaatthewMLG
to exert my dominance ofc #flexxxxxxxxx
6 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

IGN: Spaintakula
Motivation: Winning psl as a manager really, that, and wanna see gb calc my tier. And also sick of getting either managers who quit halfway through the season(greck), or are just plain daryl tier(daryl).
PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: Uhh, 2 many 2 count. Psl 2, 3, 4, 6 or 7, 8 or 9, psl teams
PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager: 0

Could not find any HoF entries for "Spaintakula".

PSL 2 --> out of the remaining 4 threads I could find of PSL 2, I did not find you in the lineups

PSL 3 --> (0 wins - 4 loses)/17 = -0.235

PSL 4 --> (7 wins - 0 loses)/16 = 0.438

PSL 6 --> (2 wins - 5 loses)/14 = -0.2

PSL 7 --> (0 wins - 4 loses)/13 = -0.286

PSL 8 --> I did not find you in the lineups.

PSL 9 --> (2 wins - 6 loses)/11 = -0.364

(-0.235+0.438-0.2-0.286-0.364)x1 = -0.647 = Rejected

7 hours ago, MaatthewMLG said:

IGN: iMat/MaatthewMLG
Motivation: for my ego and 

frags.png.d0402d0cd98025d61706e034648f840b.png

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: 

PSL IX - Tenacious Tentacruels (overToasted)

PSL X - Transformers, Assemble! (pachima)

PSL XIII - The Trashtalking Taillows (YettoDie)

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager:

PSL XI - Spared No Expense

PSL XII - No Shaymin Losing

2021 --> (2 wins + 2 second place) x1= 3

2020 --> (3 wins + 3 second place) x0.9= 4.05

2019 --> (3 wins + 1 second place) x0.8= 2.8

2018 --> (2 wins + 3 second place) x0.7= 2.45

PSL 9 --> (5 wins - 4 loses)/11 = 0.091

PSL 10 --> (3 wins - 1 lose)/10 = 0.2

PSL 12 --> (0 wins - 5 loses)/9 = -0.556

PSL 13 --> (2 wins - 1 lose)/8 = 0.125

Won a season as manager: No (x1)

Regular season performance: 5th in PSL 11 (x0.75)

Regular seson performance: 6th in PSL 12 (x0.75)

(3+4.05+2.8+2.45+0.091+0.2-0.556+0.125)x1x1x0.75x0.75 = 5.46 = C tier Candidate

4 hours ago, Kamimiii said:

IGN: Kamimiii

Motivation: Know my WR on previous seasons, trashtalk

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: 8,9,10,11,12 I think (7 maybe ?)

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager: NOPE

PSL 7 --> (2 wins - 1 lose)/13 = 0.077

PSL 8 --> (2 wins - 0 loses)/12 = 0.167

PSL 9 --> (5 wins - 3 loses)/11 = 0.182

PSL 10 --> (4 wins - 4 loses)/10 = 0

PSL 11 --> (1 win - 3 loses)/9 = -0.222

PSL 12 --> (4 wins - 4 loses)/8 = 0

(0.077+0.167+0.182+0-0.222+0)x1 = 0.204 = D tier Candidate

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.