[PSL XIV] Betting Thread

Welcome to the PSL Betting Thread

fPaHkZS (1).png

Bracket (Regular Season)

Rules: PLEASE READ BEFORE TAKING OR MAKING BETS

- Tied matches are void (does not include matches with tie-breakers)

-Unplayed matches are void*

-All activity win bets are void*

- Matches that have been changed due to subbed players are void
- Bets over 500k may be mailed to a trusted middleman if any one of the two players feel its necessary

- Bets must be posted before the matches are played

- No betting against yourself (you can bet for yourself to win)

- Bets with a player who has been banned are void unless/until that player is unbanned*

- No new bets until old betting debts are cleared

- Players that do not comply with these rules will be added to a BLACK LIST

- Once you take a bet you may NOT retract that bet for whatever reason

- The only way you can have a bet retracted is if BOTH players agree on retracting the bet

- When making bets that go throughout the whole season, please be cautious and make sure you have what you bet by the end of the season

- We are not keeping up with everyone's bets so its your job to keep track of your bets and who wins what

*This rule does not apply when betting on teams

Disclaimer:

Take each bet with risk! Although unlikely, it is possible you can get scammed and I won't be held responsible to pay unpaid debts. 

Though players that do not comply will be added to BLACK LIST and all players will be warned when betting with those players.

Players can bet with players on the blacklist however the blacklist is only there to warn them.

How to Bet:

When you are betting, provide the following info:

1. Your IGN

2. What match(es) and which player(s) you are betting on

3. What are you wagering

Trusted Middlemans:

Spoiler

Incognition @Imperial

xJoseee @xJoseee

KaynineXL @KaynineXL

CaptnBaklava @CaptnBaklava

Blacklist:

Spoiler

Zhiko

Edited by Imperial

If I lend money to someone and that person doesn't return the money when I ask for it back, this is a scam, right? Therefore, staff should be able to force that person to return the money. In the context of an unpaid bet, staff doesn't force anyone to pay because in theory no money has been lost, so it's not a scam. 

Let's assume the two individuals that bet send each other the same amount with the following message: "This is a loan if player A wins, if player A loses this is a gift." By doing that, I believe there is no need for any middle man. Staff will have to look at the money exchange as individual loans and not as bets. To remain consistent with their anti scam policy, staff would have to intervene if someone refuses to return back a loan, right??

Edited by gbwead
12 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I can if you want

Thank you - you've been added to the list.

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

If I lend money to someone and that person doesn't return the money when I ask for it back, this is a scam, right? Therefore, staff should be able to force that person to return the money. In the context of an unpaid bet, staff doesn't force anyone to pay because in theory no money has been lost, so it's not a scam. 

I may be wrong here, but as the context is 'betting' and this is something the staff doesn't support, I assume that is why they don't take action - plus as you say it may not be a scam, but it's a major breach of trust within the PvP community.

Also as you say it may not be a 'scam' necessarily, but the BLACKLIST calls people out on this and the majority of the time the community is very reluctant to engage bets with them, meaning at the end of the day the person who didn't pay the unpaid bet will lose out on potentially winning future money.

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

Let's assume the two individuals that bet send each other the same amount with the following message: "This is a loan if player A wins, if player A loses this is a gift." By doing that, I believe there is no need for any middle man. Staff will have to look at the money exchange as individual loans and not as bets. To remain consistent with their anti scam policy, staff would have to intervene if someone refuses to return back a loan, right??

Because the purpose is betting I don't think staff will take action for the reason above. (If player A wins xx still implies betting in context, so it's still a bet regardless of the context). Regarding loans in general it's up to the person to take the responsibility of asking for assets in return until the debt + interest has been paid in full - an example of this is the service @Quakkz had started recently.

The middleman is the safest and scam-free guarantee way of taking bets, the minimum amount is just a guidance but if a player feels reluctant to bet with a specific individual then they should use the middleman approach.

Regarding the middleman selection for this PSL it will be carefully selected to ensure that the risk of unpaid bets are low - of course those who choose not to use a middleman do so at their own risk and I'm sure they acknowledge how much they trust the person they're betting with.

7 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Vote for kamimiii on banlist

I would like to start a fresh new tournament with a fresh new list - so nobody will be readded to the blacklist.

Edited by Imperial
57 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If a player makes a bet and doesn't have the cash to begin with, staff will not be able to get the cash to 'refund'.

Middlemen not only insures players are not scammed, it also insures they have to cash prior to the bet.

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

at the end of the day the person who didn't pay the unpaid bet will lose out on potentially winning future money.

XD betting thread is just to scam people... 

only 1m+ bets with middleman usually get paid

Edited by Quinn010
1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

XD betting thread is just to scam people... 

only 1m+ bets with middleman usually get paid

Not necessarily, it's mostly the few with no money who wishes to scam people - but then they are risking integrity in future tournaments. Plus the few number of people on the blacklist says otherwise, and the few that don't report unpaid bets are minor amounts which can just be refarmed via gym runs (e.g. There are several 100-200k bets), not necessarily saying it's acceptable.

Edited by Imperial
11 hours ago, gbwead said:

No, we will know its a bet and will not moderate it

image.png.e4fbd83a0ba67971e82d6b0242a7b733.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.