Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

On 2/5/2022 at 7:50 AM, Bertolfoso said:

Hello, I would like to ask if in the Lunar Year Event 2022 there's a score bonus for Teams of less players (or malus for bigger groups), in particular regarding the Pokémon Obtained category.

No. Point allocation naturally favors parties with more players in this event.

3 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Yes please. And if we can't have answer about this, I believe we should know if the points got nerfed at some point. So far 330 points seems max for pokemon recruited, but early in the event, we had more points for that. Was there a nerf ? @Rache

unknown.png

The point bonuses for recruitment were changed shortly after the event started because the event incentivized leaving early too much. The "missing" points were given to the Hard Mode bonus (+480 vs +240) and Nian bonuses (+40/ea vs +20/ea) instead.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:10 PM, Kyu said:

the event incentivized leaving early too much

I ultimately enjoyed event while I played it, I think it was the most balanced and challenging so far. But remains for me the same issue as every year, which is the lenght of it. While the new "forced" end was a good idea, it actually had opposite effect (for competitive runs) and drained runs for much more longer, because as long as you took time and precautions to not have 11 deaths, you could go on further enough. Playing 10h+ straight for an event like this is not fun. 

I wish you could find next year a way to keep a challenging event while reducing lenght. An evolutive event would be great, where players could adapt to new things as the event goes and find new strategies or perfect them. By the 4th day of event, I believe everyone in LB understood more or less what to do and it took a few days to overcome the cap difficulty. After that, it seemed like whoever was most endurant and capable of doing 10h+ runs several days in a row would make it to the top 50 at the end. I don't think that's an healthy thing in any competition between players. 

Even if it's a step back and I don't think I would like it, removing leaderboard and its prizes would actually fix most issues in event, as people would only play it to try and find the most efficient way to get profit and not care about going the furthest or not. That's a race in its own right too.

A Tournament Team Fight 3x3, however with special Rules:

- Matchs doesn't count at score. When someone is defeated he are Eliminated from round. The team that have all members eliminated in round, loss this round.

- Is only one match happen per time, and are consecutive matchs. So, if player X vs player Y, if player X loss, he are eliminated and other player Z from same team from X, need to enter and fight against Y. Y cannot be subbed out, he need to keep until he are defeat. He are allowed to forfeit a duel and eliminate itself. Remembering information: If a team loss all players that can fight, team loss.

- Fight for Life: If some mon faint, he need to be removed from team. Other mon cannot replace him. So, if you have Skarmory, Chansey, Chomp, Gliscor, Scizor and Rotom, and loss Scizor and Rotom, from next fight you need to enter with Skarmory, Chansey, Chomp and Gliscor, while Scizor and Rotom are stored and cannot be used from rest of round. "And if happen a Self-ko in end of match(No mon left from both sides, but system consider someone as a winner)?"  If both teams aren't on last player, then both players will be eliminated. If both teams are in last player, then who the system declared as a winner on last match, wins.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 2/17/2013 at 12:23 PM, Strych said:

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Hello, im a new player to PokeMMO and this forum. I didn't know earlier where to post my suggestion so im posting it here again.

I wanted to participate in one of the catch events that i can attend. But i can't since im from IST (Indian Standard Time) zone i can't attend events at 9 or 10pm UTC (that's 2:30 and 3:30am IST respectively for me). So i wanted to ask if some catch event could be held some day that could be accommodated for the eastern hemisphere timezones as well? Thank you very much in advance!

Suggestion: PokéMMO Olympic Games

A event that will occur in years that don't have the World Cup(that don't have a single qualification, all nations are pre-choosed xD) . They will have Micro-events, and players may receive a bonus on end, depending on how many wins the nation have in overall.

I will list all informations on Spoilers:

Host Selection

Spoiler

Two nations will be choosen as "Hosts" on Olympic Games. One for East, other for west.(East Nations are Nations in GMT: -8, -7, -6, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 and +3 ; West nations are Nations in GMT: +4, +5, +6,+7, +8, +9, +10, +11 , +12/-12 , -11, -10 and -9 ; Remembering: if a country stays at 2 or more Time Zones, what will be considered is the Time Zone of the Capital of the country. Example: In Brazil, there are Time Zone -5, -4, -3, and -2. What will count is the Time Zone of Brasilia, the country's capital, that is, GMT -3.). The hosts will be choosen on Auction, that will work on cooperative way. Anyone can raise a country's bid, but can only bid for 1 country. Each one offers bids for their country, and in the end, country with more high accumulated bid, wins. All members of bid need to pay in 1 week, if they don't, country will be disqualified. The winning Country will have at least 1 team/player representing in each of the events.

Events:
Will have the following categories:

Spoiler

- PVP Individual

Spoiler

Tournament of 8-16 players will be held, one for each tier: 

- Over Used
- Under Used
- Never Used
- Doubles
- one Unofficial Tier choosed by popular vote, beetween: Monotype, LC, 1v1, Untiered or Metronome

- PvP Teams

Spoiler

Rules of Team Tournament. 8 National teams. But will be five battles:
- 2x Over Used
- Under Used
- Never Used
- Doubles

- PvP - Rotation Battle - Teams:

Spoiler

This model i suggested before in this thread. Will be 3 players, and when one is defeated, other will replace against the same opponent. However, if some mon of winner faint, they need to be removed from party from rest of matches. The first team to have the 3 members defeated, loss.

*Note: All "PvP" events will have a match to decide 3rd place.
- Catching Event

Spoiler

Same rules of catching event. A area will be given with list of mons that need to be catched, with nature bonuses. The difference is that only a small number will compete. 
Rules: 
- 4 Groups of 6 players in catching event. 2 players among all, must be of host nation. All players will compete in a separate event, and the top two best scores advance to 8-group final. This, the involved players need to catch a new list and winners is the players with Highest Score. 
- Lowest score don't give 4th place.

Team Scavanger Hunt

Spoiler

The basic rules of one. 8 teams, at least one from host.

Catching Race Event

Spoiler

Rules:
- Will have four "Outposts". Each one have a staff. All teams must have their four members starting from first outpost. They will receive which pokémon need to catch, when they need to be catched, and sometimes, which caracteristic they need to have. Then, the members need to catch the mon and link him on Normal Chat of next outpost. And the process is repeated until fourth outpost, which need to be linked on a place that will be the "Finish Line"

- Bans:
Ocarina and HM- Fly. Anyone catched using it will be Disqualified. Staffs are encouraged to keep nearby the Pokémon Center to check if someone will use it to reach on outpost. Teleport are banned too. Running Shoes, Dig, Acro/Mach/Regular Bike and Sweet Scent are allowed.
They need to send with OT of a teammate/your OT, and catched within the time and zone allowed.
Other rules of catching events.

Prizes

Spoiler

Each one will have your own prize. 

Spoiler

Subtitle:
$ = Pokeyens
(x-y) = IV selectable between x and y value(x and y can be any number.)

PvP Individual: 
1° - Gift non-shiny Comp mon of tier 3x(0-31) 3x29 of choice + 1100 RP
2° - Gift non-shiny Comp mon of tier 2x(0-31) 4x25 of choice + 600 RP
3° - 300 RP
4° - 150 RP

Team PvP and Rotation Team PvP:
For each member:
1° - Gift non-shiny Comp mon 3x(0-31) 3x29 of choice + $2.000.000
2° - Gift non-shiny Comp mon 2x(0-31) 4x25 of choice + $1.000.000
3° - $500.000
4° - $250.000

Catching Events, Team Scavanger Hunt and Catching Race:
Each Member:
1° - Gift mon 6x(0-31) pre-selected + 800 RP
2° - 400 RP
3° - 200 RP
4° - 100 RP

And, at end of Olympic Games, will be given a prize to best nations of tournament. Each player that competed on at least one event representing the nation will receive prize.

Spoiler

1° - 1000 RP, 7-Day Donation status and a Shiny 2x(0-31) 4x(0-25) of choice.
2° - 500 RP and a Mon 4x(0-31) 2x25 of choice
3° - 300 RP 

To reduce the impact on economy, during this period, 7 day before start, and 7 day after end, no other official event will be held.

Forbidden Nations

Spoiler

You can only compete for a nation that are member of United Nations. Additionaly, any nation that are in war with other nation are forbidden. 

More details soon

This is how I imagined the PokeMMO Santa's event.

All of the Elfbots already were released. It is possibly on time to update the event.

Title: Santa's Safari - A Bonus for ElfRobots Dungeon.

Description:

Important:  we are not erasing the Elfbot dungeon. You play the dungeon and after you lose the game you receive the message: You got 5 Boss Parts. But you also got my special ticket to join my Magic Safari. So you can come back later and join my Safari. Every 3 Robots parts you get an additional Safari ticket. If there is any issue with this it is only a inspiration for a new idea. The grind in Xmas event is not damaged by this idea.

Firstly, I never imagined Santa standing in Vermillion, but you had to find its location in a specific route. If you can change this it would be cool, you could let a Elf in Vermillion telling something about Santa's location. But this is not much important.

For the new XMas there could happen now a Santa's Safari that is a snow-forest that got Enhanced with incredible magic, got swarms, Hordes of nice monsters, boost in IV rate (start at 15) and boost in Shiny rate (by 50% or 1:15000). Snow, trees, snowmans, dozens of area to explore. You can put thoughts in these rate details and adjust.

Join Santa's Safari after you get back from Santa's Elfbots Dungeon. You get a Santa's safari ticket additional for every 3 robots parts from boss. Get back to Santa and give the Safari Ticket. You get 30 Magic Safari Balls when joining Santa's Safari, but there is no timer or steps counter for kick a player from the Safari. You get kicked when are out of balls.

I think Elfbot Dungeon is a little cliche but I already love to play Santa's Elfbots Dungeon and I would not like to change this. But if you wanna change this I think it is ok since all elfbots got released already and it is something from the past. I also have a idea to improve a bit Elfbots Dungeon: when change the difficulty - which happens after beat 3 boss, unlock a part of the area which was previously locked. It is cool to explore more. Or add a new area to travel, even if it does not have something special or differently, just more place to walk.

Repugnant movement in Elfbots Dungeon Dynamic: Unintentionally engage battles due to character movement issue, these battles often are not from a player interest and can make it lose all of his strategy. It does not matter if you are a excellent in move a character, everyone can make this mistake. I think the game progress should not get interfered by mistakes on movement, but base on player strategy. For resolve this I thought in starting a chat when a player get approached by a Elf or Pokemon. Question: Do you want to engage? (Yes/No) If yes, engage. If no, to prevent exploits about forwards gifts collection, move the character back to the exact square it was (X,Y,Z location). I think this is very important. It's not a bug, it is a failure in movement, everyone is human and mistakes like this is terrible. I feel that I am in medical surgery and a mistake in character movement is fatal to kill the patient.

Fix significant losses when someone in the link got kicked (3 ideas) (1st) Freeze the kicked member elfbot until a link member gets a free row to receive additional elfbots from the kicked member. (2st) Extend the disconnect time limit for players who are playing Elfbot / Lunar dungeon by total of 30 minutes. I also add a (3st) Fix the User Interface Yes/No boxes width for reconnect a character by putting Yes box to left with fixed pixel number so it is no longer infinite/automatic. As well for "No" box. This is to avoid clicking No to not reconnect when you want to reconnect. If you press no the session is finished.

Also, give a indicator that a link member is near enough to engage a fight together, if you engage a battle it will happen alone or doubles. That would fix the problem of unintentional double fights.

(Lunar event only) Add 15min Delay Time To Join the Event Punishment to those players who quits Lunar event before win the first boss no matters if him disconnected, they are probably trying to exploit the random wave generator (exploiters). I think staff removed Random Wave Generator and removed the Pokemon Pool in the begining because of these exploiters. Please give back the 2020 starting pool of pokémon to be selected as well random generator starting wave. When you can choose a character you feel less boring and amazed by the feeling of have a starting different pokemon. Please give back the evolution item, so we can also play with different pokemon, even if the PP keeps the same (or you can change back that to refill PP).

With love,

Michele

Edited by MightyMichele

The Christmas event changes bring more opportunities and lucky bags, but at the same time I think it still needs further changes.

a. Christmas events can be brought in with custom Pokémon and props, which greatly reduces the difficulty of the event and makes it even more difficult to make the list this time.

b. I've been playing Christmas copies for 3-4 days, and every time I need at least 20 hours of continuous play, I can make the leaderboard, but I can't guarantee that I'll always be on the leaderboard, so this leads to me having to keep playing longer to get a high score, which is very harmful to a lot of people's bodies, and people need to live. Most jobs in China don't support that kind of exhaustion.

c. Despite bringing more hats and a new feature, few gamers want to get money through Christmas, Halloween is an option for more people to make money, so increasing Christmas income doesn't do much, people just care about the leaderboards.

d.  Whenever I finish my 20-plus hours of play, the first thing I do is always yawn as I walk to my bed.

In general, PokeMMO has always been a game, and no matter how much we like to play it, we can't consistently invest too much time in it, because it's just a game, a game that we love

I would have called this year's Xmas a decent success if @Rachedidn't forget about Leppa berries. They probably added 5 hours to the 15 hours necessary to be on leaderboard, which is already unhealthy. 

Please keep going that direction for next year tho and find a way to shorten duration run for competition. 

It is annoying to scroll down and up to check the moves and availability of the pokemons in the temple, please make the temple like the pc box, which will be much clearer to check the moves and change your party

The map of abundance shrine is much smaller than Twist mountain and the enemies are walking randomly, unlike the robots in xmas are all running the designed pattern, so you have to walk more carefully while thinking about the moves of enemy, how to do the battle, who should be holding only one pokemon and start the battle, what should that pokemon be, how many moves left,healings and etc, the game feels heavy.

Since there are many status moves, playing with random ppl is harder as they dont frequently check the chat,  when they took the only two heal available in the beginning, they are likely wont heal you at all.

To be able to receive lucky red env, you need to fight 3waves, whcih will take 30mins and 4 waves for more than an hour and half, the playing time is a little too long

Bugs

If you trade pokemon to sb without any pokemon, he wont be able to fight at all or pick up a gift bag or talk to the store.

If you use luck coin to refresh the store, sometimes game freezes and you cant move at all, stand there until game over

Captain role automatically change when sb quit the event

Wars to join a special TT.

(A few weeks of war, then special TT)

Generate two pieces of a exclusive tradeable item for each team leader, which subscribed his interest on join TT. We call this item TT Star.

The team leader of each team can organize and date with each other spontaneously, anywhere, anytime. They have a war by their rules and bet the TT star. The winner will leave with 3 stars and loser 2 stars ( or 4 stars/0stars if they had a agreement of bet 2 stars). Any exploit on that, should be reported, in case a team lose a war and reject give the stars.

That way, the team who get to have 0 stars is disclasified. The team who get 14 stars is classified to Special TT and dont need to collect more stars.

PokeMMO Island Expedition: This event would challenge players to explore a new island added to the game for a limited time. The island would have unique Pokemon, items, and challenges that players would need to discover and overcome. To make the event more exciting, the island could have a different theme or storyline that ties into the overall PokeMMO world. Players who complete the island expedition would receive rewards such as rare items, in-game currency, or a special Pokemon only available on the island. The event would encourage players to explore and discover new content in the game while adding a new level of adventure and mystery to the PokeMMO world.

Spikey Ear Pichu:

Maybe as a yearly or holiday event? Or a random chance that's more common than a shiny but same as or less common than a 31x3 random chance encounter.

Clone Pokemon Patterns:

Would be pretty awesome if we could have an event that featured the patterns of the clone pokemon from the OG Mewteo movies, like the slight difference in Pikachu and the 3 starter pokemon.

Celebi:

I know Johto is newly added, but I hope we can get Celebi soon as a Pokemon that we can keep since it's canon that there are many of them, as seen with the whole colony of Celebi in the movie.

Pinkan Island Event with Mew?:

It would be neat if there was an event (maybe around Valentine's Day?) where an Island appeared separate from all other regions, that anyone with 4 badges could access.. that had a set of 4 or 8 gyms to pass through within a month or week of the chosen holiday, and there could be rewards for finishing the gyms or other quests devs come up with.. maybe the island would have berry trees with berries that could turn the pokemon you feed it to temporarily or permanently pink, maybe you would be forced to catch a team of pinkan mons to clear the quests/gyms with and if you finish the quests you can choose one (or you are allowed to keep up to 6 pinkan mons) from your pink team to keep and it's permanently pink. Maybe the reward could be the game's first obtainable Mews? Plus new event accessories of course, like a Mew Tail or a Mew backpack, or 2 new hairstyle types that only comes in shades of pink.

Edited by TidalWolf
Looks better formatted this way, and added mention of Celebi and other new ideas I have on here. Better than double posting to add the hopeful suggestion of wanting Celebi lol, as long as no one has posted after me, I'll edit this post with new ideas

The XMAS event was always pretty good. However, last year's event was awful. We had to breed 16 mons, lvl them up and ev train them just to end up having to use Struggle to clear waves for 24 hours. The XMAS event used to be fun and accessible to everyone. There was none of that last year. I don't mind grinding, but last year was just so dumb.

The Lunar New Year event was pretty good last year. I hope it stays the same and more importantly I hope it doesn't get completly changed in the middle of the event. That was a huge hype killer considering all the time and effort players wasted into developping strategies.

Alien Invasion (Co-Op) for July Event

This event is based on Destiny Deoxys movie and also will be the Independence Day event for the month of July.

"After the incident of Deoxys back then, Rayquaza rested to the top of Sky Pillar and the Deoxy duo, GC-01 (Green Core) and VC-02 (Violet Core) had been living among us in Hoenn. However, impending doom approaches the entire Pokémon World as the invaders coming from the depths of the space will fight against the Trainers enlisted for repelling the threat, once again, as Rayquaza is still dormant, waiting to awaken again..."

This event is 2-Player Co-Op as the location is the elusive Mirage Island, both players will use the Deoxys duo, Green Core and Violet Core, along with IronBots, similar to ElfBots to repel every alien species and corrupted IronBots that are trying to occupy the Pokémon World. Every 2 waves will spawn a Paradox Pokémon which serves as the boss:

SR-Squid (which is Nihilego, but in style of Metroid), a curious life form created just to infect every denizen of the world and turn into mindless slaves.

PH-Mama Roach (which is Pheromosa), a weird bug that lulls every unsuspecting victim to their demise.

AP-Death 13 (which is Celesteela, in form of Transformers), a sentient machine that tries to turn the world into a machinery.

PM-Origami King (which is Kartana), a bladed knight that is a conquistador.

ADC-Kayne (which is Blacephalon, in style of Caine from The Amazing Digital Circus), a jester trying to teleport everyone into the world where there is no escape.

Pitch Black (which is Necrozma), the leader of the invasion.

you can also get the other type IronBots when you defeated them and get their parts, just like some instances of ElfBots and Lunar New Year Nian.

This will be the change of the PokéMMO if this would be implemented.

Edited by Gengarcello