January 2022-Movement Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Slowbro to UU .. 
what i can say slowbro doesn't affect the NU game like dugtrio did .. sharpedo wallbreaks it, feraligatr has crunch , blaziken hp grass or u-turn ... it s overly used in NU yeah, lately many trick room teams uses it with life orb, it makes it a great sweeper... so FAREWELL SLOWBRO.. SLOWKING will miss u

Goodbye Slowbro -Pokemon Go-

Slowbro is going up to UU due to usage , he's good at NU and isnt really op but the usage made him UU

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Trick Specs and Nasty Plot if needed(Don't be a stupid to nasty plot when you have specs. Trick and lock a wall, and then buff, while your opponent is wasting PP or Switching Out)

So this is why you think Cloyster absolutely needs Kings Rock for people to break past walls.

I wish the TC had the opportunity to vote on held items like King's Rock, Razor Claw, etc, but alas, we don't and it doesn't seem like people who actually can make those changes are interested in having a conversation about it.

Regarding Snow Cloak and Sand Veil, I feel like we are in a similar situation. Do they make their respective pokemon broken? No, but they do needlessly add to some of the brain dead aspects of this game. If I could remove Sand Veil on Garchomp I would, but then again, I'd also give it Dragon Dance so...

There have been multiple threads about it with overwhelming support from many people and the devs just think "No! Let's keep this shitty" It's not even like some meme battle facility relies too much on the """""RNG""""" triggering to generate "difficulty in pve". It's simply them just wanting PVP to be shitty and luck based for the sake of it. I can't even buy the "Let's stay as close as possible to the original games" excuse since that ship has long since sailed and is conveniently ignored the moment the economy is affected.

Edited by suigin
5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I wish the TC had the opportunity to vote on held items like King's Rock, Razor Claw, etc, but alas, we don't and it doesn't seem like people who actually can make those changes are interested in having a conversation about it.

Regarding Snow Cloak and Sand Veil, I feel like we are in a similar situation. Do they make their respective pokemon broken? No, but they do needlessly add to some of the brain dead aspects of this game. If I could remove Sand Veil on Garchomp I would, but then again, I'd also give it Dragon Dance so...

F*ck kings rock, the rest idc except maybe cursed body 

On 12/26/2021 at 4:48 PM, DoubleJ said:

The guys on the forum have to understand that the RNG is part of the game. They complain about King's Rock, but forget that There is Serene Grace + Choice Scarf + Air Slash Togekiss, which can be worse to deal with, than cloyster or weavile with King's rock.

There are these boring strategies like Toxic Stall, very common in meta, and ParaFlinch/King's Rock Flinch. And in my opinion, they shouldn't be banned,even if braindead strategys that only involve spamming moves, and wait the game do the rest, because it will show how the player can handle it.
Example: I suffered a lot for chansey Toxic Stall. Do you think I would just come to the forum and open a post to ask for a ban on that? No. I looked for a way to deal with it, and the way I found the most effective was to use Trick Specs Gengar, that even tricking the wrong target to Specs, I can still use Trick to take Eviolite from Chansey, and make my Infenape OHKO her. Likewise, I saw that you guys complained about King's Rock, I already looked for a way to take down the leads, and I found one, using Vaccum Wave Infernape, and it worked, as both the leads of this item, Cloyster and Weavile, are somehow weak to that move. Weavile takes 4x more damage from him. Cloyster, has a weaker Special Defense.

Boring strategys exists, and Really expert players don't make posts on forum and wait devs help him. They search viable ways to get around the problem. As DoubleJ sayed, the TC don't want to discuss against Hax strategys. So, the really expert players will make this strategy fall into ground, using secure Counters and some checks

Edited by caioxlive13
5 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

The guys on the forum have to understand that the RNG is part of the game. They complain about King's Rock, but forget that There is Serene Grace + Choice Scarf + Air Slash Togekiss, which can be worse to deal with, than cloyster or weavile with King's rock.

There are these boring strategies like Toxic Stall, very common in meta, and ParaFlinch/King's Rock Flinch. And in my opinion, they shouldn't be banned, because it will show how the player can handle it.
Example: I suffered a lot for chansey Toxic Stall. Do you think I would just come to the forum and open a post to ask for a ban on that? No. I looked for a way to deal with it, and the way I found the most effective was to use Trick Specs Gengar, that even tricking the wrong target to Specs, I can still use Trick to take Eviolite from Chansey, and make my Infenape OHKO her. Likewise, I saw that you guys complained about King's Rock, I already looked for a way to take down the leads, and I found one, using Vaccum Wave Infernape, and it worked, as both the leads of this item, Cloyster and Weavile, are somehow weak to that move. Weavile takes 4x more damage from him. Cloyster, has a weaker Special Defense.

Since this bot continues to cyclically post the same dogshit every time, I'll just repost the same replies that crushed him every time until he stops ignoring them.

RNG takes autonomy away, toxic stall doesn't. You haven't won a measly tournament nor topped a ladder.

38 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I suffered a lot for chansey Toxic Stall. Do you think I would just come to the forum and open a post to ask for a ban on that? No. I looked for a way to deal with it, and the way I found the most effective was to use Trick Specs Gengar, that even tricking the wrong target to Specs, I can still use Trick to take Eviolite from Chansey, and make my Infenape OHKO her.

This is gold

and btw

252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 338-402 (94.6 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
37 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

There are these boring strategies like Toxic Stall, very common in meta, and ParaFlinch/King's Rock Flinch. And in my opinion, they shouldn't be banned,even if braindead strategys that only involve spamming moves, and wait the game do the rest, because it will show how the player can handle it.

Boring strategys exists, and Really expert players don't make posts on forum and wait devs help him. They search viable ways to get around the problem. As DoubleJ sayed, the TC don't want to discuss against Hax strategys. So, the really expert players will make this strategy fall into ground, using secure Counters and some checks

if you want, you can uninstall the game and start to play minecraft again

1 hour ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 338-402 (94.6 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

My Infernape is Naive Life Orb 128 Atk EV(Split EV into both Attacks, Physical and Special)

128 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 523-616 (74.2 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If chansey don't be OHKO, it's sure that chansey will use Toxic or Thunder Wave , and on next turn, Switch out to Soft-boiled later.

However, if i remove their eviolite:

128 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 775-915 (110 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

My Infernape is Naive Life Orb 128 Atk EV(Split EV into both Attacks, Physical and Special)

128 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 523-616 (74.2 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If chansey don't be OHKO, it's sure that chansey will use Toxic or Thunder Wave , and on next turn, Switch out to Soft-boiled later.

However, if i remove their eviolite:

128 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 775-915 (110 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

2 questions:

- Why on Earth would Chansey stay on Infernape? 

- Where on Earth is Trick Gengar a lure to Chansey? You know Chansey is not a switch to Gengar, right? That Taunt and or Nasty Plot exist, right? 

Is this some kind of low-level plays that I'm unaware of? Are you stuck on first rounds? 

On 12/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, LifeStyleNORE said:

- Why on Earth would Chansey stay on Infernape? 

Well, i reveal only Overheat and Vaccum wave, so Players throw chansey thinking that they're safe(Vaccum Wave is used in Special Sets, in Mixed Mach Punch is prefered).

On 12/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, LifeStyleNORE said:

- Where on Earth is Trick Gengar a lure to Chansey? You know Chansey is not a switch to Gengar, right? That Taunt and or Nasty Plot exist, right? 

Ask for my oppontents, that throw Chansey without thinking in front of gengar. Maybe to resist to some Attack, like Sludge Wave or Shadow Ball, or even a Psychic? But however, is always one free turn to i use Nasty Plot, or more, depend of how many turns he will try to toxic my mons.

Edited by caioxlive13

Could these changes happen right after the seasonals on 1st and 2nd January ? 

You know another thing that we been asking for a year and a half now ? Otherwise those tiershift will break the tier right before the tournaments happen, making all the players teams unviable. I'm not even asking that for my own sake, as I haven't built more than 1 or 2 teams per tier this season, but I feel like it would be heavily unfair for the players who actually played and learnt a lot about the meta this season. Thanks ! 

Edited by TohnR
9 hours ago, TohnR said:

Could these changes happen right after the seasonals on 1st and 2nd January ? 

You know another thing that we been asking for a year and a half now ? Otherwise those tiershift will break the tier right before the tournaments happen, making all the players teams unviable. I'm not even asking that for my own sake, as I haven't built more than 1 or 2 teams per tier this season, but I feel like it would be heavily unfair for the players who actually played and learnt a lot about the meta this season. Thanks ! 

You're fighting a losing battle bro, I also made this suggestion a few months back:

Just make a suggestion about Geodude or the xmas event and they'll fix it ASAP.

Fun fact about seasonals: OU and DB which are never affected by tier change, are scheduled a week before the changes take place, while UU and NU which almost always have big meta changes, are scheduled to a date where the changes have already happened . It sounds like a joke, but a simple inversion of dates between them would solve the whole problem. A problem with a simple solution like this being here for over a year just shows how Devs don't give a damn about the competitive community.

4 hours ago, Makarovs said:

Fun fact about seasonals: OU and DB which are never affected by tier change, are scheduled a week before the changes take place, while UU and NU which almost always have big meta changes, are scheduled to a date where the changes have already happened . It sounds like a joke, but a simple inversion of dates between them would solve the whole problem. A problem with a simple solution like this being here for over a year just shows how Devs don't give a damn about the competitive community.

Yea we already suggested to host NU and UU the first weekend, and OU/Doubles the next one, but apparently nobody cares indeed

4 hours ago, TohnR said:

Yea we already suggested to host NU and UU the first weekend, and OU/Doubles the next one, but apparently nobody cares indeed

Those tournaments are created at the begining of each season, we can't change their dates without an admin actually doing it. The easiest solution would be to enable the new tiering changes after them. 

Edit : it seems that it's not possible to make the new tier changes enabled only after the Season Finale Tournaments. I've asked to admins if it would be possible to swap OU/Doubles and UU/NU SFT dates for the next seasons. @TohnR @Makarovs