Random battles official tournaments & more

DarylDixon

Question

Hello,  since we have random battles in matchmaking, wouldnt be nice to have some officials too? Magne rarely giving a Shiny, as reward and for te rest a competitive 2*31 4*29 Pokémon, and Aldo making the seasonal official for the crown like the other tiers? Maybe with stuff like that would make more funny the game.

Also id wanted to suggest random doubles Battle Matchmaking too, since we have the random one, so wynaut to get the dubs One with officials too?

Share your opinion If you want ?

6 answers to this question

I think the answer and my suggestion would be no - this would kill off the lower tiers even more (NU, UU), especially as the majority of these tournaments would likely end up being OU and randoms.

Unlike the other tiers/formats - randoms isn't necessarily skill based (of course skill is involved during the match) as there's no theorymon / teambuilding, counter-teaming, etc

If I were to make a suggestion it would first include more Doubles tournaments, fix some of the tournament timezones on a weekday and get more players back into UU/NU.

3 hours ago, Imperial said:

I think the answer and my suggestion would be no - this would kill off the lower tiers even more (NU, UU)

ill second this. Feels like that randoms almost killed any chance for NU and UU ladder to grow healthy and i dont like it.

Apart from that randoms are way to rng reliant to make a real competitive tournament where people would have the same chances. I rather play metronome tournaments where everyone knows what they getting into.

Edited by Johnwaynee
4 hours ago, Johnwaynee said:

ill second this. Feels like that randoms almost killed any chance for NU and UU ladder to grow healthy and i dont like it.

Apart from that randoms are way to rng reliant to make a real competitive tournament where people would have the same chances. I rather play metronome tournaments where everyone knows what they getting into.

well maybe not  so many  random tournament maybe 2-3 per month as 256 participants, doesnt sounds so bad, al uu nu mm was dying even without the randoms i think.

I think it's a good idea, however, it can't be implemented now, because the low tiers (UU, NU and Doubles) are so deserted since Randoms was added. So something has to be done to save these tiers (Below this paragraph is my suggestion for improvements in matchmaking, one of which involves adding season missions in all tiers except randoms, so players can go play them and get some good rewards, incentivating players to withdrawn to randoms and go play that tiers) before implementing tournaments for Randoms, and even if they do, to prevent them from almost completely replacing Randoms with low tiers again, they will be at a lower frequency. But I'm in favor of at least one end-of-season tournament