[MOD] [PVP] [GYM/E4] Infomon - type advantages, attack types, and speeds displayed on battle sprites

This mod overwrites the Pokedex and Enemy Pokemon Battle sprites for the Final Evolution forms (and some non-finals for meta mons) of Pokemon to contain information about type advantages and speed range for lvl 50. It should contain the entire PokeMMO Pokedex.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.gif.0c5d6e0cbd00b19d86b2603fefa6fdfd.gifimage.gif.f45810c525526fed2840ac4d79e88c26.gif

Symbol explanations:

- the speed values show the following: 31 IV / 31 IV + 252 EV / 31 IV + 252 EV + Speedy nature (like jolly)

- type symbols on a sprite means those moves are super effective against it (2x)

- 4x means it's 4x effective, the 4x stands right next to the bundle that it applies to

- the physical/special icon is used to show what type of attacks are likely. In the case of a mixed icons if there's a red border around one of the types it usually means that type is more common

- the eviolite symbol is used for non-final evolutions cause they are likely holding eviolite as an item

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to reply here if you notice mistakes or have suggestions, or you just want to say something regarding the mod. I will fix the mistakes ASAP and will message here whenever there's a new version out.

Link (put it into your PokeMMO/data/mods folder):

v2.1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H9mdDTl6ohB_m3FKz-yxV50PNJGqa_y8/view?usp=sharing

Older versions:

If you want to support me feel free to mail some pokeyen to BUSSINAPE, mans strugglin

Edited by BUSSINAPE

Updated to version 0.2. With this update a lot of meta mons received info such as: Starmie, Gyarados, Jolteon, Kabutops, Dragonite, and well... everything from 100-200 (in addition to everything from 0-100). Enjoy!

Edit: I won't be doing Unown for the next batch, don't even think about it. I'll do them only if Johto comes out tomorrow (2022. 01. 07.).

Edited by BUSSINAPE
4 hours ago, druido890 said:

The project is very nice and interesting, but have you thought of putting the fonts directly under the hp bar? so that the pokemon sprites are not disturbed.

Anyway, nice job thanks!

Unfortunately that is not supported for modding. Currently only asset and GUI changes are supported and GUI doesn't "see" which pokemon is out if I'm correct. To achieve this I would need to write a 3rd party program, which I don't want to do cause then it would be more like a cheating program (it could estimate a lot more things if it was an actual executable) instead of something that's doable within the boundaries of modding. Also a lot of 3rd party programs for pokemon pvp exist already and they can be used if sprites are important for you, this is just meant to be an alternative to those, for people who don't want to tab out.

Thank you for the kind words and the ideas tho!

Edited by BUSSINAPE

Big jump from v0.2 to v1.0 -> entire pokedex

I sat down and finished the entire pokedex. Took me 2 days, but it's done, however I haven't found a way to do alternate forms (such as rotom) so if anyone has done a sprite update mod before and has actually done rotom forms please do tell me how to do that.

I also did non-final evolutions for tiered mons.

Feel free to message here to fix mistakes based on game meta, most of the expected type data has been gathered from smogon builds, but I'm aware pokemmo rules (and moves in some cases too) do vary from the base so there could be inaccuracies.

I eventually plan to update the mixed types to be more indicative if it's both types mixed or if it's both can be built, but when built it's mono phys or spec. There are some minor indicators for some mons currently to signal, where the priority type is highlighted with a red or green square. So that will be next, and fixing inaccuracies.

Edited by BUSSINAPE
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 6:58 PM, BUSSINAPE said:

Big jump from v0.2 to v1.0 -> entire pokedex

I sat down and finished the entire pokedex. Took me 2 days, but it's done, however I haven't found a way to do alternate forms (such as rotom) so if anyone has done a sprite update mod before and has actually done rotom forms please do tell me how to do that.

I also did non-final evolutions for tiered mons.

Feel free to message here to fix mistakes based on game meta, most of the expected type data has been gathered from smogon builds, but I'm aware pokemmo rules (and moves in some cases too) do vary from the base so there could be inaccuracies.

I eventually plan to update the mixed types to be more indicative if it's both types mixed or if it's both can be built, but when built it's mono phys or spec. There are some minor indicators for some mons currently to signal, where the priority type is highlighted with a red or green square. So that will be next, and fixing inaccuracies.

Hey, you have a link or something like that to download the mod?, i want that mod and nobody share any link so...that. thanks 

Hello everyone! Today a rather fortunate thing happened and a player named leap recognized me and managed to restore the mod for us! So the drive link is once more available and the mod's back on the menu.

Question: should we try to squeeze in trick room / minimal speeds in there or is trick room not that dominant in the meta?

edit: i might also finally sit down and finish the rotom forms 😄

Edited by BUSSINAPE
11 hours ago, BUSSINAPE said:

Hello everyone! Today a rather fortunate thing happened and a player named leap recognized me and managed to restore the mod for us! So the drive link is once more available and the mod's back on the menu.

Question: should we try to squeeze in trick room / minimal speeds in there or is trick room not that dominant in the meta?

edit: i might also finally sit down and finish the rotom forms 😄

What a coincidence someone just asked me for this mod like 2 days ago

Great news!

The mod is updated to version 2.0, changelog:

- Removed all modded shiny sprites (for compatibility with shiny hunting mods - the downside is that if you're battling a shiny you gotta open the pokedex)

- ANIMATED SPRITES - yes, why not make this the best mod ever 😎 (do tell me if an animation is glitchy as premiere pro couldn't always properly convert the framerates and I had to manually fix some)

- Added middle speed value - for EV trained, but non-natured (for example adamant sweeper)

- CONSISTENT DISPLAY (stuff is at around the same place)

- Added the following, previously skipped pokemon:

Moltres (gym rerun encounter)

Castform (with all forms)

Pikachu (gym rerun encounter)

Wormadam (with all forms)

Cherrim sunshine form (only base form was in 1.0)

Shaymin (both forms)

All Rotoms (only base rotom was in 1.0)

Gastrodon blue form (only the other form was in 1.0)

Aron (gym rerun encounter)

Sawsbuck (with all forms)

- Updated the type icons to nicer ones

- Parasect has sunglasses (it's my favorite pokemon)

- Fixed typos (3)

- Changed a lot of mixed types to weighted mixed types

- Still no unowns cause that's a long day

• BUSSINAPE changed the title to [MOD] [PVP] [GYM/E4] Infomon - type advantages, attack types, and speeds displayed on battle sprites
On 4/1/2022 at 22:11, BUSSINAPE said:

Este mod sobrescribe los sprites de Pokedex y Enemy Pokemon Battle para las formas Final Evolution (y algunas no finales para meta mons) de Pokémon para contener información sobre las ventajas de tipo y el rango de velocidad para lvl 50. Debe contener todo el PokeMMO Pokedex.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

imagen.gif.0c5d6e0cbd00b19d86b2603fefa6fdfd.gifimagen.gif.f45810c525526fed2840ac4d79e88c26.gif

Explicaciones de símbolos:

- los valores de velocidad muestran lo siguiente: 31 IV / 31 IV + 252 EV / 31 IV + 252 EV + Naturaleza rápida (como jolly)

- escribir símbolos en un sprite significa que esos movimientos son súper efectivos contra él (2x)

- 4x significa que es 4x efectivo, el 4x se encuentra justo al lado del paquete al que se aplica

- el ícono físico/especial se usa para mostrar qué tipo de ataques son probables. En el caso de íconos mixtos, si hay un borde rojo alrededor de uno de los tipos, generalmente significa que ese tipo es más común

- el símbolo de eviolite se usa para evoluciones no finales porque es probable que tengan eviolite como elemento

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

Siéntase libre de responder aquí si nota errores o tiene sugerencias , o simplemente quiere decir algo sobre el mod. Corregiré los errores lo antes posible y enviaré un mensaje aquí cada vez que haya una nueva versión.

Enlace (póngalo en su carpeta PokeMMO/data/mods):

v2.0.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMG0ADdvvLvkO4hpcAeDG6Mi27ID6gHR/view?usp=sharing

Versiones anteriores:

Si quieres apoyarme no dudes en enviarme pokeyen a BUSSINAPE, mans strugglin

On 4/1/2022 at 22:11, BUSSINAPE said:

Este mod sobrescribe los sprites de Pokedex y Enemy Pokemon Battle para las formas Final Evolution (y algunas no finales para meta mons) de Pokémon para contener información sobre las ventajas de tipo y el rango de velocidad para lvl 50. Debe contener todo el PokeMMO Pokedex.

imagen.gif.0c5d6e0cbd00b19d86b2603fefa6fdfd.gifimagen.gif.f45810c525526fed2840ac4d79e88c26.gif

Explicaciones de símbolos:

- los valores de velocidad muestran lo siguiente: 31 IV / 31 IV + 252 EV / 31 IV + 252 EV + Naturaleza rápida (como jolly)

- escribir símbolos en un sprite significa que esos movimientos son súper efectivos contra él (2x)

- 4x significa que es 4x efectivo, el 4x se encuentra justo al lado del paquete al que se aplica

- el ícono físico/especial se usa para mostrar qué tipo de ataques son probables. En el caso de íconos mixtos, si hay un borde rojo alrededor de uno de los tipos, generalmente significa que ese tipo es más común

- el símbolo de eviolite se usa para evoluciones no finales porque es probable que tengan eviolite como elemento

Siéntase libre de responder aquí si nota errores o tiene sugerencias , o simplemente quiere decir algo sobre el mod. Corregiré los errores lo antes posible y enviaré un mensaje aquí cada vez que haya una nueva versión.

Enlace (póngalo en su carpeta PokeMMO/data/mods):

v2.0.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMG0ADdvvLvkO4hpcAeDG6Mi27ID6gHR/view?usp=sharing

Versiones anteriores:

Si quieres apoyarme no dudes en enviarme pokeyen a BUSSINAPE, mans strugglin

Excelente mod, muchas gracias