[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Week 6

24 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

So you end up giving what they told u to do since yesterday but You deny to do cause you wanted to help them to think clear about that decision but after all the drama stuff  They continue with the same idea of not duel and u end up giving activity. 

Whoops. 

images (2).jpeg

And I actually do like and respect GB for that decision. His job as a host is to do his best to get the matches played and this is exactly what he was doing.

I have talked to Luke, Enchanteur, Sejuani and Pablo. Sejuani and Pablo will play their week 6 duel in the next following hours. Enchanteur has changed his mind regarding his duel vs Badbaar. He wants to face Badbaar, but sadly the activity decision that was announced earlier today was final:

2 hours ago, gbwead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

dcbdf4be4a72326e2026f52802875a80.png

IMG_4933.png

Ok, Qwilfish' n' Chips' will be awarded an activity win for that match.

If Qwilfish n' Chips' wants to fight for that win instead of claiming the activity win, they can, but I will not force them to do so. 

Pablobacas Vs Sejuani

Sejuani wanted to do this duel as soon as possible, preferably on weekdays. He disclosed that he was available 14 hours every weekday for a total of 70 hours. Pablobacas disclosed that he was available 12 hours on Sunday and not at other times because he had to prepare another PSL duel for the week. Sejuani did not really want to go to an extension, but ended up accepting to play on Monday after the deadline. If he had refused, I would have probably forced Pablobacas to be subbed out, but it never got to that. Sejuani still asked everyday, including Saturday and Sunday, if Pablo was available, but Pablo insisted on playing on Monday.

Following the drama of Badbaar vs Enchanteur, I was made aware that there was a good chance that Sejuani would forfeit his duel as well; Sejuani even left the private DM where the scheduling was being done. I told Luke, Lotus, Pablobacas and perhaps other members of Qwilfish n' Chips' that if Sejuani doesn't show up for the scheduled duel, Pablobacas would get the win. I also said that after 3 PM UTC (the week 6 deadline) Qwilfish would be allowed to ask Sejuani directly about his intentions and, if he said he wasn't going to play, then Qwilfish would be awarded the activity win instantly.

Today (Monday) after I receive an answer from Badbaar and Enchanteur and after I announced the contenders for best NU player, Sejuani informs me that he is really looking forward to his duel vs pablobacas. I add Sejuani back to the scheduling DM. Luke said he's fine with the duel happening as long as Pablo is okay with it as well. Pablo says he's fine with playing the duel. However, I don't know who exactly because most of the discussion is in spanish, but either Pablo or Sejuani is suggesting to play a random battle instead of an NU duel to which I object instantly.

At that point, Luke starts fearing that Enchanteur will ask to play Vs Badbaar if Sejuani wins vs Pablo and says he will not accept the Sejuani Vs Pablo duel unless he knows for sure he got the win for Badbaar Vs Enchanteur. I tell Luke that Pablo needs to take his duel seriously and that may be a possiblity. Enchanteur wants absolutely nothing to do with this week anymore, but I convince him to reconsider his position on Badbaar duel. He finally does and is willing to play. Qwilfish n' Chips' still have the activity win on Badbaar's duel, so they won the week. However, now that Enchanteur changed his mind, the duel may be played if Qwilfish declines the activity win. They do not decline the activity win, so Qwilfish win the week, it's done, set in stone.

Suddenly, once Qwilfish has the win guarenteed, Luke wants to claim the activity win for the Sejuani duel and claims that the lack of answer from Sejuani for the last day meant that Pablobacas had stopped preparing for his duel. Luke also informs me that Pablo suddenly feels betrayed, tricked and pressured by AW players and he no longer wants to play the duel. Considering that Luke said earlier that he was going to support Pablo playing the duel if he wanted, I ask Pablo myself in the scheduling DM what is going on since I am not interested in heresay. Pablo says that he doesn't want to go against his manager or his team, but he also wants to fight Sejuani if that helps him get MVP. Pablo even offers to give a FREE win to Sejuani to which I object. Luke interjects mutliple times in that conversation with Pablo because he feels entitled to that activity win and doesn't want to subject his player to any more pressure.

I'm not confortable with the degree of dodging that has been displayed by Pablo this week with the support of Luke: offering free wins, making excuses and fishing for an activity win for a duel that could have been played. I also do not believe forcing Pablo and Sejuani to play is an option anymore since I saw on multiple occasions clear indications that Pablo could throw the duel. Therefore, I have decided that Sejuani will be awarded an activity win in this case.

Activity wins/loses will not be considered on the ranking sheet.

Edited by gbwead

The moment grown ass men are throwing a tantrum and the host instead of cutting this bullshit, sits and takes it and lets a manager throw antiques along with his player and dictate the whole event with this, the event itself losses its credibility.

for 2 days now we are begging people to play that they dont want to.. they failed to show. the week is over. activity win goes to quilfish. simple as that.. the rest is bullshit..

Enchanteur shows disrespect to the whole competition and all the other players. his and the opponents. we made a soap opera out of this. tragic really. its the easiest activity decisions ever..

If they dont want to play they should lose the games and also get banned. as it happened to players that didnt show in their teams and refused to play for their managers. terrible decision making in this event.

55 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

The moment grown ass men are throwing a tantrum and the host instead of cutting this bullshit, sits and takes it and lets a manager throw antiques along with his player and dictate the whole event with this, the event itself losses its credibility.

for 2 days now we are begging people to play that they dont want to.. they failed to show. the week is over. activity win goes to quilfish. simple as that.. the rest is bullshit..

Enchanteur shows disrespect to the whole competition and all the other players. his and the opponents. we made a soap opera out of this. tragic really. its the easiest activity decisions ever..

If they dont want to play they should lose the games and also get banned. as it happened to players that didnt show in their teams and refused to play for their managers. terrible decision making in this event.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.