When did Pokemmo go public?

Hi guys, with the 10 year anniversary being this year I was just curious when the game officially released to the public. I know it began in January of 2012 but it was closed to most then from what I have read. Couldn’t really find any clear information online when I searched. 

Cheers

13 hours ago, Useers said:

Hi guys, with the 10 year anniversary being this year I was just curious when the game officially released to the public. I know it began in January of 2012 but it was closed to most then from what I have read. Couldn’t really find any clear information online when I searched. 

Cheers

This forum itself seems to have been created March 29, 2012.

I personally joined september 29, 2012, and i know people who joined in late august.

There used to be changelogs in the 'update' section from 2012, but anything older than 2013 seems to be hidden now.

That said, their facebook page still has some very old posts with (inaccessible) links.

The oldest changelog i found is may 31, 2012.

Oq0PBxe.png

Now, it's a matter of guessing whether public access to the game came before the forums, after the forums but before the first changelog, or long after the first changelog.

23 hours ago, Eggplant said:

This forum itself seems to have been created March 29, 2012.

I personally joined september 29, 2012, and i know people who joined in late august.

There used to be changelogs in the 'update' section from 2012, but anything older than 2013 seems to be hidden now.

That said, their facebook page still has some very old posts with (inaccessible) links.

The oldest changelog i found is may 31, 2012.

Oq0PBxe.png

Now, it's a matter of guessing whether public access to the game came before the forums, after the forums but before the first changelog, or long after the first changelog.

Interesting, I joined November 3, 2012, seems based on date specific searches the game really picked up in popularity in 2012’s fall but I don’t know much beyond this