February 2022-Movement Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I'm saying that dugtrio, will not have chance on OU , because nobody will use it, exactly like lucario. Only doesn't fall to UU because they're BL1. If don't agree with me, check usage. He now, doesnt have even the usage enough to go up to OU. Releving OU's Metagaming, is very hard build a team that he will work, isn't like Garchomp that appear in any type of team.

I don't know how true the use is when the low elo also participates (Jolteon is very high btw), besides that we are 4 days away from starting the month, you say that Dugtrio will not be taken in metagaming, but in reality it is completely viable and get into a lot of defensive and balanced cores, if you want to count those stats the fun fact is that dugtrio has the highest OU win percentage lol

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

I'm saying that dugtrio, will not have chance on OU , because nobody will use it, exactly like lucario. Only doesn't fall to UU because they're BL1. If don't agree with me, check usage. He now, doesnt have even the usage enough to go up to OU. Releving OU's Metagaming, is very hard build a team that he will work, isn't like Garchomp that appear in any type of team.

Historically Dugtrio is a pokemon that is pretty mediocre until it finds a combination/team where it severely limits the counterplay options against it. It takes a while for it to be found but usually it happens no matter what, it's not a matter of if it would happen but of when it will happen.

That also doesn't reflect much in usage, specially at first.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:29 PM, NiceRNGbro said:

as you all know acupressure is a move that can increase evasion and deliver the game into the hands of those who use it easily leaving the game stressful and less healthy than it already is with these King's shit Rock or if not the low ladder and your samurott Quick claw beating you, are you going to do something about it or not? A move that increases evasion beyond all of its stats cannot be kept in the metagame so, even though it's kind of a meme, I lost 5 in a row today just because of this shit movement even though it's uncommon, it's deplorable to see people abusing something like this to win a match and put a face of disgust on their opponent.

Screenshot_20220203-110744~2.png

Screenshot_20220203-110314~2.png

Screenshot_20220203-111506~2.png

Bro i have talked to that guy named @SiwanMS i told that his team is based on hax and its too bad and that everyone are talking about your shity drapion , he answered: they talking about me because im good.

Ps: this guy's job is a clown , he make me laugh and made my day.

1 hour ago, Tawla said:

Bro i have talked to that guy named @SiwanMS i told that his team is based on hax and its too bad and that everyone are talking about your shity drapion , he answered: they talking about me because im good.

Ps: this guy's job is a clown , he make me laugh and made my day.

I feel sorry for him. Need something like this...

The sheer fact that Dugtrio is still allowed in the tier shows how unefficient the current tiering and TC system is. It took us regular players 13 months to get it out of NU, how long will it stay in UU ?

Btw there hasn't been a single active and good UU player defending Dugtrio to stay since minute 1 of the attack revert (SarcasmmW and Sweet don't count). What else do you need ?

Issue with the game currently really isn't all the broken shit that is allowed, but more like that the Council that represents all of us competitive players is absolutely unable to carry their function due to how the staff and devs act. It isn't even worth debating here we should just make our own tiering decisions for player hosted tournaments 

Edited by TohnR

Dugtrio does the exact same thing in all tiers. Can we please stop this idiotic talk that Dugtrio needs to be banned in UU? Dugtrio needs to be banned everywhere or no where. Dugtrio is not uncompetitive in UU, but fine in OU. It's the exact same thing in NU, UU and OU, so please stop asking for the Dugtrio to be banned in UU, it's dumb, it's really really really fucking dumb. Stop asking TC to be as dumb as you, please stop.

If you have an issue with Dugtrio, ask for Dugtrio to be banned everywhere.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Dugtrio does the exact same thing in all tiers. Can we please stop this idiotic talk that Dugtrio needs to be banned in UU? Dugtrio needs to be banned everywhere or no where. Dugtrio is not uncompetitive in UU, but fine in OU. It's the exact same thing in NU, UU and OU, so please stop asking for the Dugtrio to be banned in UU, it's dumb, it's really really really fucking dumb. Stop asking TC to be as dumb as you, please stop.

Based on your words, Trapinch is Uncompetitive too? Because he have Arena Trap, even with their ridiculous 45 on all stats except Attack(100) and Speed(Less of 20), and their speed very low, they need to be banned too, i am right?

Edited by caioxlive13
On 2/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, Huargensy said:

Não sei o quão verdadeiro é o uso quando o elo baixo também participa (Jolteon é muito alto btw), além disso estamos a 4 dias de começar o mês, você diz que Dugtrio não será levado em metagaming, mas na realidade é completamente viável e entra em muitos núcleos defensivos e balanceados, se você quiser contar essas estatísticas o fato divertido é que dugtrio tem a maior porcentagem de vitórias de OU lol

Recently i've checked. Less than 4% Usage. Even Lucario is most used than Dugtrio

Edited by caioxlive13
On 2/3/2022 at 1:11 PM, caioxlive13 said:

They really think that a player that obtain "sucess" will not have their team copied?

You are confusing terms, ''success'' is one thing, ''Skills'' is quite another, and the movement being discussed makes it more than clear, a move merely hax not have to be allowed in PvP, because it's just not competitive.

6 hours ago, gbwead said:

If you have an issue with Dugtrio, ask for Dugtrio to be banned everywhere.

Different contexts, in one tier it may ease up a sweep for something much harder to check/counter.

4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Based on your words, Trapinch is Uncompetitive too? Because he have Arena Trap, even with their ridiculous 45 on all stats except Attack(100) and Speed(Less of 20), and their speed very low, they need to be banned too, i am right?

I never said anything about Trapinch. Please stop quoting me in every single tiering thread I post in. Trapinch is not banworthy and I never implied it was.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

Different contexts, in one tier it may ease up a sweep for something much harder to check/counter.

It does that in all tiers. I understand that in theory we need to evaluate if that is actually the case. I'm personally done with evaluating, I have seen Dugtrio in NU, UU and OU. It eases up sweeps in all three tiers to the same degree. I am not saying Dugtrio needs to be banned, just that we should stop trying to single out UU Dugtrio to OU Dugtrio. It does the same exact thing in both tiers. Are we really going to start arguing that Empoleon in UU is 1.4% more viable than Ttar in OU and therefore Dugtrio is more cancer in UU? Ofc not. Dugtrio traps stuff and that creates problems, that's it. Dugtrio in NU was not a special kind of uncompetitive cancer. Dugtrio in UU is also not anything unique. And Dugtrio in OU is also just a fucking Dugtrio. 

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

I never said anything about Trapinch. Please stop quoting me in every single tiering thread I post in. Trapinch is not banworthy and I never implied it was.

It's obvious that Dugtrio's stats and learnset isn't the problem. Is their ability: Arena Trap.

So, every mon that have this "Anticompetitive" ability should be banned , right? Even if they are extremelly useless in most part of competitive tiers,to don't say all tiers? Obvious not.

We recognize that ability is literally bad. However, mons that have this ability will be completely useless, like Wobbufet after nerf on shadow tag. So,it's better reformulate Dugtrio itself, because he is the only viable mon with this ability, like reduce Base Atk of dugtrio to 90, not 80 to TC don't waste season after season voting him on NU, not 100 because it's too "broken". With this, a nerf on Arena Trap no longer is necessary, keeping our PvE utilities(Like prevent mons to escape in-battle and helping to catch mons that can flee.)

• Munya unfeatured this topic
On 1/29/2022 at 12:52 PM, Munya said:

1.7 to go down 6.7 to go up, nothing changes this month based on usage.

Anything of important needs discussing?  Let us know.

Is there a reason that Exeggutor didn't move down to NU? Ended January with 0.61% usage. With Blaziken and Venusaur firmly on top of the tier it not only can be good against the 2 but is also covered by both and shows no signs of being OP.

23 minutes ago, Munya said:

Its a bit late now so not much I can do about it, it wasn't on my UU list that i check against usage so it was missed, resolved for next month.  Its all done manually so errors can happen.

Hopefully will make a good addition to NU as it could use a shake up.

• Munya unpinned this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.