Storyline Gifts Guide

Hello. In this guide, i will list when a Storyline Gift can be founded.

First of all: Who is a Storyline Gift?

Storyline Gifts is mons that NPC give you for free, or via trading. All mons that are Storyline Gift have this caracteristics:

All of him have the Gift Ribbon, that indicates that mon cannot be Traded, Breeded, or Selled. Only mons that are Storyline Gifts and Event-Prizes of Official Tours have this ribbon

All of him have IVs flat 15, and Neutral Nature. When you receive him, he comes in a common pokéball, however you can change their ball later.
If you want a Pet but don't want to spend money breeding one, this mons is a certain shot. You can even create a championship using only him(I maked one, and i ended as a Winner)

So... How many storyline gifts can we have?

Until now, we register that you can have 47 Storyline Gifts with you(Including the mons that can repeat, like Togepi, Eevee, Nidoqueen and Spiritomb). Have 57 Different species of storyline gift avaliable, but more can come from game when johto being added.

How i can obtain him?

Storyline Gifts can be obtained:
- By trading with NPCs;
- Receiving one for free, from NPCs;
- Receiving starter pokémon from Oak(Kanto), Birch(Hoenn), Juniper(Unova) or Rowan(Sinnoh);
- Or receive fossils from certain places/NPCs and revive it on certain places.
Have some Exceptions: Magikarp buyed on Marvelous Bridge, Unova, is considered a Storyline Gift. Rotom and the two Spiritombs that you catch on Old Gateau and South of Solaceon,  respectively, is considered Storyline Gifts.

Catalogued Storyline Gift Pokémons

Kanto

Spoiler

Starters:

- (Charmander >>> Charmeleon >>>)Charizard

- (Squirtle >>> Wartotle >>>)Blastoise

- (Bulbasaur >>> Ivysaur >>>)Venusaur

Mons received for free:

- (Eevee >>>)Jolteon , Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon or Glaceon - Received on Celadon City.

- Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan - Received on Saffron City - Optional Fighting Gym.

- Lapras - Received on Saffron City - NPC on the same room of Silph. Co that you defeated your rival Gary

- (Togepi >>> Togetic >>>)Togekiss - Received on Orange Islands

- (Omanyte >>>)Omastar or (Kabuto >>>)Kabutops - Received on Mt. Moon - Fossil that you revive on Cinnabar City

- Aerodactyl - Received on Pewter City - Museum area that you can only acess with HM01 - Cut - Old Amber that you revive on Cinnabar City

Trades:
(
Pokemon Delivered to NPC ---> Pokemons Received)
Nidoran-M ---> Nidoran-F(Underground Path , Route 5 <--> 6)
Nidorino ---> Nidorina (Route 11)
Abra ---> Mr. Mime(Route 2)
Golduck ---> Lickytung(Route 18)
Poliwhril ---> Jynx(Cerulean City)
Raichu ---> Electrode(Pokémon Laboratory, Cinnabar City)
Venonat ---> Tangela(Pokémon Laboratory, Cinnabar City)
Spearow ---> Farfetch'd(Vermilion City)
Ponyta ---> Seel(Pokémon Laboratory, Cinnabar City)

Bulbapedia Informations: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade#Pok.C3.A9mon_FireRed_and_LeafGreen

Hoenn

Spoiler

Starters:

- (Torchic >>> Combusken >>>)Blaziken

- (Treecko >>> Grovyle >>>)Sceptile

- (Mudkip >>> Marshtomp >>>)Swampert

Received Mons for free:

- (Beldum >>> Metang >>> )Metagross - Steven's House, avaliable after defeat Elite Four

- Wobbufet - Given as a Egg on Lavaridge City

- Castform - Given on Weather Institute after defeat all Team Aqua Members

- (Lileep >>>)Cradily - Fossil on Mirage Tower, if pick other fossil, this fossil will appear on Desert Underpass after defeat Elite four

- (Anorith >>>)Armaldo - Fossil on Mirage Tower, if pick other fossil, this fossil will appear on Desert Underpass after defeat Elite four

Trades:

(Pokemon Delivered to NPC ---> Pokemons Received)
Ralts ---> Seedot(Rustboro City)
Volbeat ---> Plusle(Fortree City)
Bagon ---> Horsea(Pacifidlog City)
Skitty ---> Meowth(Battle Frontier)

Unova

Spoiler

Starters:

- (Tepig >>> Pignite >>>)Emboar

- (Oshawott >>> Dewott >>>)Samurott

- (Snivy >>> Servine >>>)Serperior

Pokémons Given for Free:

- (Panpour >>>)Simipour - Dreamyard - Given if your starter is Snivy 

- (Pansage >>>)Simisage - Dreamyard - Given if your starter is Tepig

- (Pansear >>>)Simisear - Dreamyard - Given if your starter is Oshawott

- (Tirtouga >>>)Carracosta - Relic Castle - Cover Fossil

- (Archen >>>)Archeops - Relic Castle - Plume Fossil

- (Larvesta >>>)Volcarona - Route 18 - Given as a Egg.

Trades:
- Cinccino ---> Munchlax - Undella City(Note: Only avaliable on Febuary, Juny and October, when PokéMMO enters on Summer.)
- Petilil ---> Cottone - Nacrene City
- Minccino ---> Basculin Blue-Striped - Driftveil City
- Boldore ---> Emolga - Route 7
- Ditto ---> Rotom Klang - Route 15 (This trade has been changed for unknown reasons. In original games, you receive a Rotom, but in PokéMMO, the NPC gave you a Klang instead.)
- $500 ---> Magikarp - Marvelous Bridge(This magikarp for some reason is considered a Storyline Gift, while other karp on a Pokécenter nearby to Mt. Moon that are selled for $500 isn't a Storyline Gift. I don't understand devs sometimes)

Bulbapedia Informations: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade#Pok.C3.A9mon_Black_and_White

Sinnoh

Spoiler

Starters:

(Turtwig >>> Grotle >>>)Torterra

(Piplup >>> Prinplup >>>)Empoleon

(Chimchar >>> Monferno >>>)Infernape

Mons given by NPCs for free:
Chansey - Eterna Forest(Bring the NPC in entrance to the exit nearby of forest, if you have space, then she will give you a Chansey Egg. If don't have space, then she will kept in a bridge on a little lake ahead, waiting to give their Chansey Egg)
Riolu - Iron Island(Bring the NPC to two Team Galactic Members, defeat both and receive the egg. If you don't have space, then he will wait to give you the egg)
Togepi - Eterna City - Given by Cynthia.
Eevee - Hearthome City - Bebe's House

Wilds mons that devs Configured to be Storyline Gifts:
Spiritomb - South of Solaceon Town, in a Stone Structure. With Oddkeystone, you can summon a Spiritomb, however is only 2 avaliable per character
Rotom - Old Gateau - A TV in structure have the rotom. If you found him, and interact with it when is night in-game(21:00 - 04:00), a Battle with a Rotom will start.

Trades:
Machop ---> Abra - Oreburgh City - This Trade is Deactivated.
Buizel ---> Chatot - Eterna City
Medicham ---> Haunter - Snowpoint City - Note: Haunter will not evolve when you receive it.
Finneon ---> Magikarp - Route 226

If want to help, bring prints of this Trade/Receiving Mons

If have more informations, feel free to send it on Comments section

Edited by caioxlive13
Visual Updates
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I just made a forum account to help for Johto

Note: I used the Serebii page for Gift Pokémon and also I am not 100% if this is all of them, but the ones listed below are all working:

Spoiler

- Starter Pokémon (Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. Level 5)

- Spearow (Route 35, North of Goldenrod City, talk to the guard and he will give you a Level 20 Spearow nicknamed Kenya holding Grass Mail, technically you are supposed to give it to the guy on Route 31 in exchange for Rest, however you can simply not do that, or you can take the mail from the Spearow and you should be able to keep it (I personally just let the guy take the Spearow because I didn't want an untradeable spearow sitting in my PC forever lol). In any case, after you return the mail to the guy on Route 31, you will be able to get a HP Up from the guard in Route 35)

- Eevee (Goldenrod City from Bill, Level 5)

- Shuckle (Cianwood City, it's Level 20 holding a Berry Juice and is nicknamed Shuckie)

- Tyrogue (Mt. Mortar, Level 10 after beating trainer)

- Dratini (Dragon's Den, Level 15 from the elder leader, apparently depending on how you answered the questions, your Dratini will either have ExtremeSpeed or it won't, mine did)

So that should be all the gift pokemon in PokeMMO Johto. I hope this was helpful 🙂

Here are also some other notes:

There is a Serebii page for in-game trades, I'm guessing all of them work except for the ones that are located in HGSS Kanto since it doesn't exist

The pokemon listed in the Serebii page which aren't in PokeMMO are: (this is just for curiosity)

Spoiler

- Violet City special egg (Mareep, Wooper or Slugma) (at least for now, the guy who gives egg doesn't let you respond to his question lol)

- Tentacool (Cianwood City pokemon center, this one might actually be available as you can only get it if you have only 1 pokemon left without Surf or Fly in your party or PC, so maybe? I imagine that this is not a disabled gift but it would never trigger unless you released all your pokemon. And since you can buy pokemon on GTL in PokeMMO I'm not sure if it would consider you soft locked anyway. Either way I doubt anyone has ever gotten this gift pokemon)

- Kanto and Hoenn starters after beating game (probably don't exist since HGSS Kanto doesn't exist and it wouldn't make sense since Kanto and Hoenn exist in PokeMMO as independent regions where you will get one of these starters anyway)

Edit: I don't know why but the URL links to Serebii keep disappearing for some reason, you can find the relevant pages by searching "Serebii HGSS Gift Pokemon" and "Serebii HGSS In-Game Trades". Kind regards.

Edited by DwayneDaRock