PokeMMO 10th anniversary

1 hour ago, DragoTamer said:

You gotta respect the work that went, and goes, into this game tbh. 

what do you mean? Kyu is sitting on a beach drinking a pina colada. You think they actually do any work? It's just an emulator where they slapped on some multiplayer code and then released to the masses. Honestly, the whole project is just a cut and paste from various Stackoverflow answers. The only thing they actually work on, and by they I really mean Darkshade, is just some 10x10 pixel cosmetics every few months; not like they are painting the mona lisa constantly. Such lazy devs. Imagine if we actually had individuals who wanted to make a good game, and not just write 1 line of code and then reward themselves with watching 24 episodes of some shit anime show before writing another line of code. I've probably written more code in my Encounter Counter app in the last year than the devs have ever written for the entire PokeMMO game.

/s

1 minute ago, Gilan said:

what do you mean? Kyu is sitting on a beach drinking a pina colada. You think they actually do any work? It's just an emulator where they slapped on some multiplayer code and then released to the masses. Honestly, the whole project is just a cut and paste from various Stackoverflow answers. The only thing they actually work on, and by they I really mean Darkshade, is just some 10x10 pixel cosmetics every few months; not like they are painting the mona lisa constantly. Such lazy devs. Imagine if we actually had individuals who wanted to make a good game, and not just write 1 line of code and then reward themselves with watching 24 episodes of some shit anime show before writing another line of code. I've probably written more code in my Encounter Counter app in the last year than the devs have ever written for the entire PokeMMO game.

/s

How was the pina colada made? I want one

Edited by DragoTamer
4 hours ago, Gilan said:

/s

kinda true tbh

4 hours ago, Gilan said:

/s

Btw i stopped learning coding but does the encounter counter work like this? 

On detect of + it adds 1 to the variable 0.

my shit attempt at coding this (warning i only learned the first half)

Y = 0;

X= Console.WriteLine(Console.ReadLine()); /i know that's not how you take input with visuals like + i think

Console.WriteLine (Y+X);

Console.WriteLine("{1}:xx{0}xxxxxxxxxx。{1}", i, s);

12分钟前,Omegalink 说:

Y = 0;

X= Console.WriteLine(Console.ReadLine()); /i know that's not how you take input with visuals like + i think

Console.WriteLine (Y+X);

35 minutes ago, Omegalink said:

Y = 0;

Console.WriteLine (Y+X);

No.

My program works primarily with python dictionaries, so each pokemon is a key for the dictionary and each one has an associated count. But, the counts are divided into groups (based on profiles and hunts), furthermore, each encounter is logged such that you can query at what time an encounter happened.

So there isn't a single variable that I increment, it's a far more complicated dictionary structure.

2 hours ago, Gilan said:

No.

My program works primarily with python dictionaries, so each pokemon is a key for the dictionary and each one has an associated count. But, the counts are divided into groups (based on profiles and hunts), furthermore, each encounter is logged such that you can query at what time an encounter happened.

So there isn't a single variable that I increment, it's a far more complicated dictionary structure.

I Should probably continue my course, was just wondering if what i had in mind was going to work.

edit:wait how do you log it? using battle chat?

Edited by Omegalink
8 hours ago, Omegalink said:

I Should probably continue my course, was just wondering if what i had in mind was going to work.

edit:wait how do you log it? using battle chat?

no, battle chat is not used in my program. I won't go into details, but everything my program does is visually reading pixels on the screen (it's able to determine when a wild battle starts, and what you encounter).

53 minutes ago, Kyu said:

We regard April 5th as the anniversary, not the day of the forums going online. It took a few days to get the first gameserver online after the website

We'll have a small event the first week of April to commemorate the date

1st week of April? So are new players missing out on the "Seasonal can't believe they did this Item" jump stone from the can't believe they did this Jumpeon event this again this year or will they be combined?

Edit: didn't know forums changed "april 1's day event (fools)" to "can't believe they did this", well played

Edited by awkways
31 minutes ago, awkways said:

1st week of April? So are new players missing out on the "Seasonal can't believe they did this Item" jump stone from the can't believe they did this Jumpeon event this again this year or will they be combined?

At the moment, yeah, I feel like we'll probably skip Jumpeon this year too. It's going to depend on how much I have in my queue towards the middle of the month.

If we end up skipping it again this year, we'll expand the Book of Dio next year

22分钟前,Kyu 说:

At the moment, yeah, I feel like we'll probably skip Jumpeon this year too. It's going to depend on how much I have in my queue towards the middle of the month.

If we end up skipping it again this year, we'll expand the Book of Dio next year

I don't have  jumping stone yet, so can I have one?

Edited by Prande
42 minutes ago, DragoTamer said:

Does that mean the jump stone comes whenever there is a jumpeon event that year? I've been playing a little over a year so i'm not quite sure how that aspect works

Correct. The "Seasonal" jump stone item is a reward for beating the "seasonal" jumpeon event. We only saw this "seasonal" item once in the past 2 years, on the fools day of April, 2020.

8jGGEp0.png

Spoiler

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.

Just now, awkways said:

Correct. The "Seasonal" jump stone item is a reward for beating the "seasonal" jumpeon event. We only saw this "seasonal" item once in the past 2 years, on the fools day of April, 2020.

8jGGEp0.png

Reveal hidden contents

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.

Thanks for the info! Am I correct in assuming that the jump stone allows you to jump in place?