PokeMMO 10th anniversary

PSA: Do not read the below if you are offended by dev criticism. I will NOT be pulling punches.

What I find very irritating with the devs is they probably have a combined total experience of 20 years in computer programming....Yet they act like rookies... How do you not know the ETA of an update when you have been doing similar activities and projects throughout your entire career???

It's June for Christ sake! We have been talking about this since FEB!! ALMOST 6 MONTHS AGO!! 

Why wasn't the event or commemoration or even a non event announcement not planned months in advance? That reeks of not caring! You mean to tell me not ONE of the developers brought it up!? 

Furthermore... This is like a glitch in the system. They have ironclad bullet proof armor against a Nintendo DMCA claim yet they treat this game like you do a crappy mobile app game you only made for the AD revenue. Devs don't have to advertise, they don't have to come up with characters, a story or interesting gameplay... They literally had a diamond fall in their lap!

Pokemon is the number one revenue generating IP bar none. Devs took advantage of Nintendo's lack of interest in an MMO and only by an act of god they beat them in court only to turn around and treat the game development like a damn hobby you do when you have free time.

Man what the f*** was the point of fighting Nintendo to keep the game up if you didn't even care about it all that much to begin with! 

Where is the passion? Enthusiasm? Where is the effort? Where is the communication? Where are the things you promised players YEARS AGO!!

It may not be a big deal to some I understand that. But what gets under my skin more than anything is how they give us the bare minimum. Yes, they will fix bugs and keep the game updated and running on newer systems but that's it. The last new content we got was randoms pvp  battles I think in the beginning of fall last yr. You mean to tell me in 6 to 8 months this community is only worth a few content updates!?

I'm not asking them to remake pokemon with PS5 graphics but it's plenty that could be put in the game that doesnt take all that much effort? I'll list 5 things below devs could've done YEARS AGO.

1. PVP contest battle in hoenn where you queue up with 3 random players in a contest and the winner gets special ribbons and in order to qualify for like a bi monthly contest you have to have won so many contests or something. It would also be a nice touch to have certain NPCs mention the top 10 ranked pvp players and stan them instead of walking into the fan club and *this feature is not yet implemented* or have the TVs mention a recent pvp battle they won or lost.

2. Devs did an excellent job coming up with fakemon for the Christmas and CNY and Halloween events. Why can't we fight  different variations of those for like a harder challenge (perfect dungeon concept right there)

3. Thank God for gilan and his encounter counter... Something devs could try to implement into the base game to make shiny hunting much more immersive?

4. PokeMMO has a big problem with pokemon theft. Why hasn't a QOL update been implemented where you can tag a pokemon as a rental you're loaning out for EV training or whatever and you can set a timer when you to expect it to be automatically returned and an NPC holds the money until then and will only release funds if the criteria is met... Preventing fraud on either side?

5. Why not add trainers like morimoto who have the legendary Pokemon with expert crafted teams and if you are able to defeat them so many times you are rewarded with a special legendary Pokemon vanity... If you are able to beat all the legendary trainers 3 times you get in the hall of fame that's on the PC in the vanilla games?

6 .(I know I said 5 things but I thought of one more lol) why not have a feature where our more senior players with lots of playtime get a special uniform vanity like the veterans outfit or something similar? Just something to reward older players for giving a chunk of their lifespan to the game?  If not a vanity maybe something like a special untradeable pikachu with ashs hat on? Idk something to show older players the 1000s of hours spent in game weren't totally unappreciated.

7. (One more I swear) Once you beat the game... Why can't you start a new game+ Where it's like SUPER hard but the rewards are SUPER worth it? The rewards could include a sweet scent ocarina that auto refills with leppa, a follower only legendary sprite? Like lugia or other legend will follow you but can't be used in battle. Being mentioned on the in game TV as a master trainer.

I don't know just lots of little things that could make this game so much better and bring a lot more new players. If only the devs would give us a full year of obsessive dedication to the game hell who knows? It could probably overtake the main games in revenue lol... Or at least blow up to where players like patrouski and nakkura (rip) could make a lucrative living from streaming and yt content...the potential is definitely here.

Anyways... Rant over. Guess I'll go back to waiting.... *sigh*

Eventsoon™

Edited by Ryukaai
14 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

PSA: Do not read the below if you are offended by dev criticism. I will NOT be pulling punches.

What I find very irritating with the devs is they probably have a combined total experience of 20 years in computer programming....Yet they act like rookies... How do you not know the est of an update when you have been doing similar activities and projects throughout your entire career???

It's June for Christ sake! We have been talking about this since FEB!! ALMOST 6 MONTHS AGO!! 

Why wasn't the event or commemoration or even a non event announcement not planned months in advance? That reeks of not caring! You mean to tell me not ONE of the developers brought it up!? 

Furthermore... This is like a glitch in the system. They have ironclad bullet proof armor against a Nintendo DMCA claim yet they treat this game like you do a crappy mobile app game you only made for the AD revenue. Devs don't have to advertise, they don't have to come up with characters, a story or interesting gameplay... They literally had a diamond fall in their lap!

Pokemon is the number one revenue generating IP bar none. Devs took advantage of Nintendo's lack of interest in an MMO and only by an act of god they beat them in court only to turn around and treat the game development like a damn hobby you do when you have free time.

Man what the f*** was the point of fighting Nintendo to keep the game up if you didn't even care about it all that much to begin with! 

Where is the passion? Enthusiasm? Where is the effort? Where is the communication? Where are the things you promised players YEARS AGO!!

It may not be a big deal to some I understand that. But what gets under my skin more than anything is how they give us the bare minimum. Yes, they will fix bugs and keep the game updated and running on newer systems but that's it. The last new content we got was randoms pvp  battles I think in the beginning of fall last yr. You mean to tell me in 6 to 8 months this community is only worth a few content updates!?

I'm not asking them to remake pokemon with PS5 graphics but it's plenty that could be put in the game that doesnt take all that much effort? I'll list 5 things below devs could've done YEARS AGO.

1. PVP contest battle in hoenn where you queue up with 3 random players in a contest and the winner gets special ribbons and in order to qualify for like a bi monthly contest you have to have won so many contests or something. It would also be a nice touch to have certain NPCs mention the top 10 ranked pvp players and stan them instead of walking into the fan club and *this feature is not yet implemented* or have the TVs mention a recent pvp battle they won or lost.

2. Devs did an excellent job coming up with fakemon for the Christmas and CNY and Halloween events. Why can't we fight  different variations of those for like a harder challenge (perfect dungeon concept right there)

3. Thank God for gilan and his encounter counter... Something devs could try to implement into the base game to make shiny hunting much more immersive?

4. PokeMMO has a big problem with pokemon theft. Why hasn't a QOL update been implemented where you can tag a pokemon as a rental you're loaning out for EV training or whatever and you can set a timer when you to expect it to be automatically returned and an NPC holds the money until then and will only release funds if the criteria is met... Preventing fraud on either side?

5. Why not add trainers like morimoto who have the legendary Pokemon with expert crafted teams and if you are able to defeat them so many times you are rewarded with a special legendary Pokemon vanity... If you are able to beat all the legendary trainers 3 times you get in the hall of fame that's on the PC in the vanilla games?

6 .(I know I said 5 things but I thought of one more lol) why not have a feature where our more senior players with lots of playtime get a special uniform vanity like the veterans outfit or something similar? Just something to reward older players for giving a chunk of their lifespan to the game?  If not a vanity maybe something like a special untradeable pikachu with ashs hat on? Idk something to show older players the 1000s of hours spent in game weren't totally unappreciated.

7. (One more I swear) Once you beat the game... Why can't you start a new game+ Where it's like SUPER hard but the rewards are SUPER worth it? The rewards could include a sweet scent ocarina that auto refills with leppa, a follower only legendary sprite? Like lugia or other legend will follow you but can't be used in battle. Being mentioned on the in game TV as a master trainer.

I don't know just lots of little things that could make this game so much better and bring a lot more new players. If only the devs would give us a full year of obsessive dedication to the game hell who knows? It could probably overtake the main games in revenue lol... Or at least blow up to where players like patrouski and nakkura (rip) could make a lucrative living from streaming and yt content...the potential is definitely here.

Anyways... Rant over. Guess I'll go back to waiting.... *sigh*

Eventsoon™

I agree, they take the game, as if it were a game, that nobody plays, when they have a good income, from those who donate, they could even have more developers, not stay as a small team, almost amateurish

39 minutes ago, YaxonTheTroll said:

I agree, they take the game, as if it were a game, that nobody plays, when they have a good income, from those who donate, they could even have more developers, not stay as a small team, almost amateurish

Well to be fair kyu did go into detail on another post I made  about why hiring more people won't work. TLDR: he said it would be too expensive (can't really do anything but take that at face value since we can't see revenue made). And that for creative events hiring more people would be like too many cooks in the kitchen so those are the given reasons they don't hire more people but everything else is spot on.... I still think they need more people because if the alternative is missed events and unfulfilled promises ill take more cooks in the kitchen who deliver something on time over a few cooks who deliver food thats room temp when you get it. 

Edited by Ryukaai
31 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

Well to be fair kyu did go into detail on another post I made  about why hiring more people won't work. TLDR: he said it would be too expensive (can't really do anything but take that at face value since we can't see revenue made). And that for creative events hiring more people would be like too many cooks in the kitchen so those are the given reasons they don't hire more people but everything else is spot on.... I still think they need more people because if the alternative is missed events and unfulfilled promises ill take more cooks in the kitchen who deliver something on time over a few cooks who deliver food thats room temp when you get it. 

It's true bro, it's been 10 years and they have hardly updated the game, realistically only the regions, events and nothing else, I already got bored of the game there is nothing else to do, I've been playing since 2016, and it's still the same, it has not changed practically nothing.

and some guy who suggested a gacha system to pokemmo only to stop caring about the idea as soon as genshin 2.7 which they claimed not to play released never show a trace of existence ever again unless another gacha game *friendly family hopefully* goes under some delay coincidently along with the fact there's no fan service

15 minutes ago, YaxonTheTroll said:

It's true bro, it's been 10 years and they have hardly updated the game, realistically only the regions, events and nothing else, I already got bored of the game there is nothing else to do, I've been playing since 2016, and it's still the same, it has not changed practically nothing.

They just lucked up and caught lightning in a bottle. I couldn't imagine being able to run a pokemon MMO without Nintendo involved and legally make money from it yet not give it 100 percent. I don't think the devs foresaw this game getting this much support and maybe they are burned out idk...it just seems like they care about the playerbase just enough to keep donations coming in. They'll keep the game running but thats probably the only thing we can be 100 percent certain of. As far as them really putting some sauce on the game? 

We get the dry version. Nothing extravagant.

2 minutes ago, GodofKawaii said:

the only public statement the devs gave of there personal life was that kyu got married who knows how much of the donation went to that wedding

If the wedding wasn't totally sponsored by pokemmo I would be willing to bet a few fingers and toes it paid for the honey moon and then some... And if it didn't it just goes to show you devs aren't making the number one IP on the planet live up to its revenue generating potential.

10 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

If the wedding wasn't totally sponsored by pokemmo I would be willing to bet a few fingers and toes it paid for the honey moon and then some... And if it didn't it just goes to show you devs aren't making the number one IP on the planet live up to its revenue generating potential.

your willing to bet limbs but how much did you waste on letting a dev get married, and have a honeymoon?

Can a mod just close this thread please

Edited by GodofKawaii
9 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I'd love that... and sell mine immediately. It is so useless as it is now. 

still want the amnesia brace hat construction and berry expiration dates too

Edited by GodofKawaii
berry expiration dates bruh!

Hmmm, as a 10th anniversary, how about some pokemmo history constest or rally?

I wonder if they are doing some map with staff as npc on it as part of the event?

Any more predictions?

2 minutes ago, xxxIUxxx said:

I wonder if they are doing some map with staff as npc on it as part of the event?

Any more predictions?

having staff npcs would be a nice feature i still need to refight a few in a shiny duel

2 hours ago, xxxIUxxx said:

Any more predictions?

EXCELLENT IDEA! ...