CopypasteMMO

Mono-type

Metronome

Randoms

1v1s

Little Cup (pls no "we dont support... we made our own LC before there was even an option in duel request)

Triple Battles

CatchMMO

Team Scavenger Hunts

Airborne Tourney

A FREAKIN SEASONAL LIKE WHAT WE USED TO HAVE

Ubers

Actually anything with tag team is hype.

Also props to the tournaments nowadays, I know they take a fair bit of effort and I've never seen so many being created on a daily basis, so I can't bash that.

8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

lmao your sig tho

He is the metronome champ I can attest to that
--
On topic, if you're out of ideas, older MMO staff had plenty of great ones some of which have already been mentionned, recycle those if necessary
If you're short on staff willing to host non-automated events, hire more, broaden your recruitment parameters even if specifically for that purpose, it's worth it

10 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I do also recognize having custom rulesets have become less implementable because the average playerbase of PokeMMO doesn't speak just English anymore. But these events could be hosted to all kinds of language groups in the game. Even just a couple of custom ruleset tournaments per month would keep this game far more interesting than it is now, in my opinion. 

To that point, I'd argue that (chinese aside) the game population is broadly the same. Some used to learn English through the game sometimes solely for the purposes of participating in forums discussions & those kinds of events.
The game itself adapting to its various language groups is a net positive, but that + automated copy-pasted simple tournaments + a growing population has made the community feel a bit more fragmented.
There are obvious solutions to that issue though, either as Orange suggests here take the time and effort needed to translate those rulesets (you do have a Chinese counterpart to these forums so it's not outside the realm of possibility) or as I'm seeing in the Doubles UU discord server, language representatives will step up and do it themselves if allowed.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:40 PM, KaynineXL said:

Mono-type

Metronome

Randoms

1v1s

Little Cup (pls no "we dont support... we made our own LC before there was even an option in duel request)

Triple Battles

CatchMMO

Team Scavenger Hunts

Airborne Tourney

A FREAKIN SEASONAL LIKE WHAT WE USED TO HAVE

Ubers

Actually anything with tag team is hype.

Or something weird and new that our creativity is limit. Like:

- 3vs3 Team Sequential Battle - When 3 players form a team, to fight against others in Consecutive matchs(Only one match happening, but when someone loss, other from same team must replace it and battle against the same opponent, and keeping the process until a team doesn't have anyone more to fight.), needing to remove from your team any defeated mon, if win.
- Gift League/Gift Cup - Only Storyline gifts that are obtained after 2016(when they changed IVs from him to flat 15.) are allowed.
- Eeveelution Cup - 3x3 battle however only eevee and your evolutions avaliable on MMO are allowed.
- Thematic Mon Cup - A regular tournament but you need to put on your team the mon that are the image of tour. Example: Pikachu's Cuteness Cup , in this tour, all trainers must bring a pikachu on their team.

Tournaments to bring will depend only of our creativity. But i want that someday this different type of tour can be automated.

• 2 months later...