PSL Lab First Edition - General Thread

On 3/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, SejuaniSupport said:

They deleted the posts, how sad

It's not hysteria, but I already understood
You just have to click on the photos of each participant of this "psl" and those who want to change the name
That is where you will see the big difference and why we will never agree

On 3/7/2022 at 6:44 AM, angelhierro0512 said:

(Estoy de acuerdo con tu punto)

Agrego mi opinion, El concepto PSL de por si es mero nombre porque esta mas que claro que este tipo de evento originalmente fue copiado de eventos reales de Pokemon (su dinamica), osea existen copias de otras copias de otras copias de formatos de torneos similares, que "deberia tener otro nombre" podria, que la misma comunidad de pokemmo quiera demandar en contra de los nombres de los eventos que de por si ya se saben, es ridiculo...  aparte estos eventos existen porque "El PSL original" entras mas facil si eres lambon de los manejadores " o realmente la estas rompiendo en torneos comp. y de ahi es que nace la oportunidad de crear diferentes tours como este, para que nadie se quede fuera de la experiencia.

Hi, posts were removed for not including English translations to their post as that is required according to the forum rules. Please remember to add these, thanks!

15 hours ago, NagaX said:

Bro pls, no one thinks this event can replace the official PSL or even decrease the hype for official PSL or WC or PSL Teams. What is the problem here?? Its just a name, just to "...Using the name PSL is just useful as a shortcut to everyone understanding what kind of event it is (no matter what kind of language they speak) thereby understanding the rules etc..." (Thanks Draekyn). 
I really cant understand why some players wont let others use a simple name to refer to an event format that most already know. Let them play, let them use the name they want, literally doesnt affect in nothing to anybody. Maybe u can go spectate some duels and have a nice time too.

Look - I do understand your point. I just disagree - I don't think calling this event "PSL" does anything to prevent confusion or to "let people know what kind of event it is" - there's a huge wall of text explaining exactly what kind of event it is lol. I also disagree that this event won't affect regular PSL - youre right it won't affect WC! that's because it's not called "WC Lab." If it was called WC Lab, it would be confusing and definitely have an effect on WC. 

What i don't understand, is how you and others can claim to not understand the problem. It's ok if you disagree, and don't think the name of the event is a big deal. But to say "I really can't understand why people are mad" or whatever - really? It's pretty simple why some people are mad about it. It's ok to care about things - like PSL, which has been the only good thing this game has had to offer in 5 years. Again, couldn't we add another new event to get pumped about? Why does it always have to be under the umbrella of PSL? Can't PSL just be PSL, and this be something new?

@Gunthug its simple i just make "psl lab" no caps totally different and collect donations for a event i'll never run and all off a sudden when people are pm'ing them asking wtf is wrong with them they'll get it. but lets be honest its not a matter of "i dont get it" its a "i dont care imma do what i want fuck you" 

kek forgot how to spoiler

for the non english native speakers who dont understand english all that well im not ACTUALLY going to defraud people its a literary tool in getting a point across. 

Edited by fredrichnietze
1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

@Gunthug its simple i just make "psl lab" no caps totally different and collect donations for a event i'll never run and all off a sudden when people are pm'ing them asking wtf is wrong with them they'll get it. but lets be honest its not a matter of "i dont get it" its a "i dont care imma do what i want fuck you" 

for the non english native speakers who dont understand english all that well im not ACTUALLY going to defraud people its a literary tool in getting a point across. 

nothing you just typed made sense

On 3/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, fredrichnietze said:

what are you even saying fred lmao

Edited by KaynineXL
5 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Look - I do understand your point. I just disagree - I don't think calling this event "PSL" does anything to prevent confusion or to "let people know what kind of event it is" - there's a huge wall of text explaining exactly what kind of event it is lol. I also disagree that this event won't affect regular PSL - youre right it won't affect WC! that's because it's not called "WC Lab." If it was called WC Lab, it would be confusing and definitely have an effect on WC. 

What i don't understand, is how you and others can claim to not understand the problem. It's ok if you disagree, and don't think the name of the event is a big deal. But to say "I really can't understand why people are mad" or whatever - really? It's pretty simple why some people are mad about it. It's ok to care about things - like PSL, which has been the only good thing this game has had to offer in 5 years. Again, couldn't we add another new event to get pumped about? Why does it always have to be under the umbrella of PSL? Can't PSL just be PSL, and this be something new?

I don't think this conversation is going anywhere, I understand your point and you understand ours, you are sure that this will somehow affect the official psl and on the other hand players like me are sure it won't. I also don't think the organizers are going to change the name or anything (which is fine with me) so I think there's no point in debating anymore.
I don't understand why people get angry about a name, but I don't know, I guess it's fine and have their explanation.
You are right that the PSL is the best thing in the game in a long time, that explains why the team events try to copy it

46 minutes ago, NagaX said:

I don't think this conversation is going anywhere, I understand your point and you understand ours, you are sure that this will somehow affect the official psl and on the other hand players like me are sure it won't. I also don't think the organizers are going to change the name or anything (which is fine with me) so I think there's no point in debating anymore.
I don't understand why people get angry about a name, but I don't know, I guess it's fine and have their explanation.
You are right that the PSL is the best thing in the game in a long time, that explains why the team events try to copy it

just to be 100% clear i don't have any issue with the copying of the format (teams of players fighting in multiple tiers each week) its a great format and there's no harm in using it a lot. But I agree that we've hit an impasse and I respect your position. Ultimately if the host doesn't change the name it isn't the end of the world. If I was host - I'd change the name, because there's better reasons FOR changing than AGAINST changing. But hey, I'm the best PSL host in pokemmo history, so I can't expect everyone to live up to that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.