King's rock / Razor fang

• Kyu unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I'll give my opinion here: I don't agree with Ban from King's Rock and Razor Fang.

As YoungRo said in one of the posts about King's Rock, the problem is not King's Rock or Razor Fang. In fact, Razor Fang was barely mentioned in the posts.
The items came as a response to the MMO's extremely defensive metagaming. And he's not wrong, after all, even the Toxic Stall set on Garchomp is turning into a meta set.
The big problem is that the staff barely acts to try to change this. Want an example? Answer me: Since the Matchmaking update, how many bans has the staff made, in defensive strategies? 1 or 2, depends on your opinion of Baton Pass(The other ban is Porygon2 on UU).

Now nerf in offensive strategy/support to one, that was not lacking. Follow the list:
- Ban from Electrode at Never Used, this one without even a suspect test.
- Dugtrio's ban on Under Used. The bixo was constantly rising and falling from the UU. just because he gained 20 more Atk points, so asking to banish him to Ubers.
- Lucario's ban on Under Used.
- Nerf on Garchomp: Removing Swords Dance. It didn't help, the guys started using Hone Claws and Garchomp remains Top Meta of OU.
- Nerf in Hydreigon: Removal of Draco Meteor. It just opened the doors to Nasty Plot set.
And so it goes...

In short: The staff doesn't seem to care about the defensive Archetype, which is getting stronger in the game. Hax items came as an answer, but they weren't the pioneers. Before King's Rock became a meta item in Cloyster, Togekiss Choice Scarf + Air Slash + Serene Grace was the most "Anticompetitive" set. To this day, it's worse than King's Rock, in terms of Hax, after all, every offensive set of togekiss is based on luck, on HAX.

"But archetype defensive has several counters". They don't work more. Darmanitan, that are the best stallbreak on MMO, couldn't stand a chance vs a defensive team. 

"Why not use taunt?" They don't work more, the mons can free switch-in. "And entry hazards?" Even Rotom + Trick + Scarf + Defog are used(I see some people using), and rotom Can't be OHKO'ed unless you know which defense are trained, or have a grass-type on your team, that are more rare. If your taunter isn't on field, he can safety defog, even without Scarf Trick on set.

• Munya locked this topic
  • Munya unpinned this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic