April 2022-Movement Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Draekyn said:

Trode quickban aside, with the use of a single brain cell you could have planned ahead and scheduled UU/NU seasonals on this past weekend and have had OU/Dubs (for which movements don't matter) this weekend.
You would have avoided a lot of sourness from the few players that still play those tiers.
Seems poorly planned on all fronts to me.

Those are system hosted, I don't pick the dates for them.

Just now, Munya said:

Those are system hosted, I don't pick the dates for them.

Automated tourney scheduling is coded in in some way right? Unless I'm proven there's no way to switch that shit around, I'll keep thinking that although the poor scheduling isn't on you, it's on someone.
Someone who doesn't pay attention or doesn't give a fuck about their game's biggest tournaments 

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Have you even looked at tiering policies once to get an idea how sparingly quickbans should be used?

I made sure they were aware of it and asked many times before the votes were finalized, I am sure they know.

1 hour ago, PrinceAdjahni said:

This Venusaur move is one of the most pointless moves. Roserade does the same thing it does if not better it is the same reason why Vileplume got moved out of UU too. I don't see why moving it to UU is reliant since all it will do is be a worse alternative to Roserade.

not exactly, venu has bulkier, roserade has more speed, venusaur is beautiful, roserade has hazards, venusaur has chlorop-ops 

2 hours ago, NiceRNGbro said:

not exactly, venu has bulkier, roserade has more speed, venusaur is beautiful, roserade has hazards, venusaur has chlorop-ops 

Venusaur does not have chlorophyll. It does have the superior physical bulk though. 

3 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

Venusaur does not have chlorophyll. It does have the superior physical bulk though. 

it was a joke. But seriously, what a ridiculous move, I hope my senorpapos come back.

With Roserade on uu there is no need for venusaur to have so much use 

8 hours ago, PrinceAdjahni said:

This Venusaur move is one of the most pointless moves. Roserade does the same thing it does if not better it is the same reason why Vileplume got moved out of UU too. I don't see why moving it to UU is reliant since all it will do is be a worse alternative to Roserade.

venu is used as a physical wall and roserade not.

There's also many people who just played Venu in UU to see it gone from NU. Since usage in UU is so low, you do not even have to have that many games and people with that mindset to see it rise. Maybe Blaziken in 3 months? Unless UU becomes attractive for whatever reasons, everything is possible.

4 hours ago, Munya said:

Its been like 9 years since the earliest iteration of tiers, that combined with getting old I forget a lot, I don't even remember if it was 3v3 or 4v4's anymore at this point.

We started with 3v3 catchmmo back with Slowbro with CM + Rest and Snorlax being on every team, but I digress. Old times, hope this actually never comes back lmao

We had a power-based system I think up to 2014 or 2015, which was putting pokemon in respective tiers based on their "power", based on community's input and TC's judgement. For our smaller community (uncomparable to showdown, from which the usage-based tiering was taken) I believe that might be way better, not only because of the uniqueness of the system itself- of course there is an argument, that it can become heavily biased, but first of all- we will not have things like monthly usage-based moves, which will not fuck up big tournaments like it did many times in the past. Pokemon moves in the tiers would happen only after a collaborated discussion between community and TC. Secondly, we will be able to avoid situations where even a small group of players is spamming a certain pokemon in a higher tier to get rid of it from the lower one.

Obviously, this kind of system is putting a lot more pressure on TC and increases their workload, as the moves between tiers would be fully dependant on them, instead of usage.

Imo, it's worth discussing if such an option is even a possibility.

It's time for a history lesson @Munya please have a seat.

It was a dark and stormy winter day, when JJ and his now ex wandered into a vibrant home full of youth and full of wonder. There sat a not a boy but a man, whom tapped on his keys: tappety-tap. I asked him, "Dear man, what is it that you tap for?" He responds, "Why JJ, this is PokeMMO." "PokeMMO you say, is that something like WoW, but for Pokemon?" "Yes, yes it is."

On that very night, young JJ reached out to his brothers Bowser and Stud and said to them, "Let us play!" We frolicked and fancied all about Kanto, locked out of gambling halls and unable to travel across the great seas to islands afar. We fought the Elite 4, and implementation just recently made. It was then that Bowser felt bored and said I think I'm done, but when out of the Bloo a shiny appeared, he decided to stay. Not soon after, a Stud named J found these Forums full of champions much like ourselves. It was 3v3 he said and they host tournaments to fight!

We Exploded with Gengars and Exeggs, we Psychic'd with Slowbros and once a gambling hall opened we used the elemental TM's to our advantage. We came close but didn't win, although clout came with our near successes. And then came wins, many wins for a team called LYLE.

Soon after 3v3, a boat to the islands appeared and 4v4 became the common duel. A team named MISC who could not win decided that 6v6 was the way (protein?). We beat them still, as well as everyone else. From CB to EV to TWL to VVVV to even Weenie Hut Jr's. No team stood up to us and month after month after month after month we claimed team title after team title.

Breeding came and BikeMMO was the new rage, then a new map, and from there it kept growing and growing and growing and growing. It was AW who rose up to usurp our throne, and our rivalry is still heralded as the best to this day.

Now we rest on a game much complete, although we still ask: where are our legendaries and hidden abilities?

20 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

It's time for a history lesson @Munya please have a seat.

It was a dark and stormy winter day, when JJ and his now ex wandered into a vibrant home full of youth and full of wonder. There sat a not a boy but a man, whom tapped on his keys: tappety-tap. I asked him, "Dear man, what is it that you tap for?" He responds, "Why JJ, this is PokeMMO." "PokeMMO you say, is that something like WoW, but for Pokemon?" "Yes, yes it is."

On that very night, young JJ reached out to his brothers Bowser and Stud and said to them, "Let us play!" We frolicked and fancied all about Kanto, locked out of gambling halls and unable to travel across the great seas to islands afar. We fought the Elite 4, and implementation just recently made. It was then that Bowser felt bored and said I think I'm done, but when out of the Bloo a shiny appeared, he decided to stay. Not soon after, a Stud named J found these Forums full of champions much like ourselves. It was 3v3 he said and they host tournaments to fight!

We Exploded with Gengars and Exeggs, we Psychic'd with Slowbros and once a gambling hall opened we used the elemental TM's to our advantage. We came close but didn't win, although clout came with our near successes. And then came wins, many wins for a team called LYLE.

Soon after 3v3, a boat to the islands appeared and 4v4 became the common duel. A team named MISC who could not win decided that 6v6 was the way (protein?). We beat them still, as well as everyone else. From CB to EV to TWL to VVVV to even Weenie Hut Jr's. No team stood up to us and month after month after month after month we claimed team title after team title.

Breeding came and BikeMMO was the new rage, then a new map, and from there it kept growing and growing and growing and growing. It was AW who rose up to usurp our throne, and our rivalry is still heralded as the best to this day.

Now we rest on a game much complete, although we still ask: where are our legendaries and hidden abilities?

Might as well write this in hieroglyphics.

On 3/31/2022 at 10:30 AM, Munya said:

Will Update NU/Untiered in a bit have to update a few lists before I have the list to update that.

To NU:

Ninjask
Magneton
Alomomola
Serperior
Braviary

To Untiered:

Sceptile
Exeggutor
Aerodactyl
Seismitoad
Honchkrow
Altaria

Exeggutor on Untiered? LOL

When torkoal go up to OU , it make most part of mons that are part of Sun teams on UU, irrelevant. Most part of teams sun, on OU, have powerful OU mons, so UU mons that are part of sun teams, won't being used on OU. 

And, a question:

image.png.a847e91a0ce1743b3fff7a10f2fd0a9b.png

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Exeggutor on Untiered? LOL

When torkoal go up to OU , it make most part of mons that are part of Sun teams on UU, irrelevant. Most part of teams sun, on OU, have powerful OU mons, so UU mons that are part of sun teams, won't being used on OU. 

yes but so what's so special about this?