NCP why are they so op after passing the league of that region

I don't know about the others but to me the leading npc of gyms become very op after the league of that region passes you
so that you understand me
it is impossible for a level 87 to KO a level 100
which is what is happening, it is as if they were pokemos of IV 186 with EV with 252 in all statuses
They have to fix that and match how the PVP is

Their stats are perfectly legal and not actually optimized. The highest their IVs go is 24 (144/186), and the highest their EVs go is 64 in each stat (384/510). They're significantly weaker than what most players use in PvP.

Despite these handicaps, it's very possible for their lv87s to KO your lv100s with a strong enough move, especially if it's super effective. They often hold damage boosting items like Choice Band/Specs and Life Orb as well. If you'd like to confirm for yourself, this damage calculator is a helpful tool.

Yes, I understand them, but it is ridiculous that the ncp know the pokemos that I am going to take out and the counter-offensive is already ready for you and the secret damage attack is always the counter of the pokemos that you have, whatever it is, do the test and come, it is absolutely ridiculous

Indeed, a level 87 jolteon withstood a surf, with rain, modest, 31 iv, with 252 special attack, from a level 100 kingdra. and as expected it paralyzes me with tunderbolth and in the next turn I am slower, with 300 speed since supposedly the speed doubles with the rain in kingdra...

5 minutes ago, BrandonBraune said:

Efectivamente, una sacudida de nivel 87 soportó un oleaje, con lluvia, modesto, 31 iv, con ataque especial 252, de un kingdra de nivel 100. y como era de esperarse me paraliza con tunderbolth y en el siguiente turno voy mas lento, con 300 de velocidad ya que supuestamente la velocidad se duplica con la lluvia en kingdra...

And as if that were not enough, now it turns out that all the pokemon have a cautle nature (+def esp - atk), since it is possible for a Beartic to perfectly withstand a surf in the rain of a competitive kingdra, and sometimes the surf fails and does not hit it without the hail weather on , and his ally hits me with the blizzard movements with the rain on, if their purpose is to infuriate the players they succeed, sometimes I laugh so as not to cry...

I have a few suggestions to help you all:

- Try to not use a water type against an electric type like Jolteon unless you're positive you can take it out before it hits you. Counters to this could be Swampert although Jolteon could know HP Grass in that battle. 

- If you are doing gym reruns, plan out a decent team. The double Typhlosion strategy is fairly common. TechnoVortex taught me about the memento Whimsicott strategy. You start with Whimsicott that knows Memento and Torkoal that knows explosion. Whimsicott has the prankster ability and Torkoal has the drought ability and is holding heat rock. Both Typhlosions are level 100 and will know Eruption which is PP Maxed. You can then have two blastoises or an aerodactyl/haxorus or other combos. I've even heard of a togekiss being used. 

- You can invest into an E4 rebattling team which can steadily help you obtain pokeyen and BP. 

- There is going to be a certain degree of countering in this game that you won't find in the normal games, but that's due to the slightly increased difficulty which isn't bad at all, if you have a decent team. There was a player recently who completed all of Sinnoh with a piplup. You can find that video in general discussion if you would like to reference how she did it.

Overall

I understand that if you're newer, it can take some time to get the pokeyen to develop a gym rerun team, but until then, try to use appropriate type matchups or get help from a team to have some basic pokemon to farm. In my early days, I created a route of trainers in sinnoh to help me farm pokeyen since sinnoh has some pretty rich trainers and that was the only region i had beaten before moving to others. I used pokemon from story and steadily leveled them to 100, but I also had a varied team. If you are wondering what pokemon are fantastic for story, commonly agreed upon pokes are starmie, krookodile, haxorus, etc. 

4 hours ago, BrandonBraune said:

Indeed, a level 87 jolteon withstood a surf, with rain, modest, 31 iv, with 252 special attack, from a level 100 kingdra. and as expected it paralyzes me with tunderbolth and in the next turn I am slower, with 300 speed since supposedly the speed doubles with the rain in kingdra...

This is normal, remember that moves that hit multiple targets become weaker in double battles. With your strongest Kingdra and the item you have it holding, it isn't possible for you to KO without a critical hit.

252+ SpA Mystic Water Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 87 64 HP / 64 SpD Jolteon in Rain: 202-238 (82.7 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you use Choice Specs instead, you'll save some time against this one.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 87 64 HP / 64 SpD Jolteon in Rain: 253-298 (103.6 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It's normal for it to outspeed you when you're paralyzed too. lv100 modest Kingdra's max speed is 269, while a timid Jolteon with 24 IVs and 64 EVs has 292 at lv87.

3 hours ago, BrandonBraune said:

And as if that were not enough, now it turns out that all the pokemon have a cautle nature (+def esp - atk), since it is possible for a Beartic to perfectly withstand a surf in the rain of a competitive kingdra, and sometimes the surf fails and does not hit it without the hail weather on , and his ally hits me with the blizzard movements with the rain on, if their purpose is to infuriate the players they succeed, sometimes I laugh so as not to cry...

The nature on Beartic is always adamant, jolly, or brave depending on the team you're fighting. This damage is normal too.

252+ SpA Mystic Water Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 89 64 HP / 64 SpD Beartic in Rain: 226-267 (74.5 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Similarly, you'll benefit more from Choice Specs here, but this won't guarantee a KO for this one.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 89 64 HP / 64 SpD Beartic in Rain: 282-333 (93 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Your Surf misses sometimes because Brycen often uses BrightPowder. He's the only leader who does this.

4 hours ago, Rache said:

Esto es normal, recuerda que los movimientos que golpean múltiples objetivos se vuelven más débiles en batallas dobles. Con tu Kingdra más fuerte y el objeto que lo sostienes, no es posible que lo derrotes sin un golpe crítico.

252+ SpA Mystic Water Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 87 64 HP / 64 SpD Jolteon in Rain: 202-238 (82.7 - 97.5%) -- 2HKO garantizado

Si usa Choice Specs en su lugar, ahorrará algo de tiempo en comparación con este.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 87 64 HP / 64 SpD Jolteon in Rain: 253-298 (103.6 - 122.1%) -- OHKO garantizado

Es normal que te supere en velocidad cuando estás paralizado también. La velocidad máxima de Kingdra modesto lv100 es 269, mientras que un tímido Jolteon con 24 IV y 64 EV tiene 292 en lv87.

La naturaleza de Beartic siempre es inflexible, alegre o valiente, según el equipo contra el que estés luchando. Este daño también es normal.

252+ SpA Mystic Water Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 89 64 HP / 64 SpD Beartic in Rain: 226-267 (74.5 - 88.1%) -- 2HKO garantizado

Del mismo modo, te beneficiarás más de Choice Specs aquí, pero esto no garantizará un KO para este.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Surf vs. Lvl 89 64 HP / 64 SpD Beartic in Rain: 282-333 (93 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% de probabilidad de OHKO

Tu Surf falla a veces porque Brycen usa a menudo BrightPowder. Es el único líder que hace esto.

images - 2022-04-01T175020.052.jpeg

I have managed to find a strategy after millions of times that I have lost and thrown the game into oblivion for at least a week
I'm not a newbie I'm from the old school of poke so I know what I'm talking about
It is true that if you have 6 pokes ready for each gym, you crush the leaders
but it is an exaggeration of the time you have to dedicate to obtain money to carry out this task.
I have come to the conclusion that the developers made it so super unfair to avoid getting a lot of money in a short time
since the prices of the pokemos in the market are super exaggerated in order to have a decent team
Edited by AlexDreyk
6 hours ago, AlexDreyk said:

I have managed to find a strategy after millions of times that I have lost and thrown the game into oblivion for at least a week I'm not a newbie I'm from the old school of poke so I know what I'm talking about It is true that if you have 6 pokes ready for each gym, you crush the leaders but it is an exaggeration of the time you have to dedicate to obtain money to carry out this task. I have come to the conclusion that the developers made it so super unfair to avoid getting a lot of money in a short time since the prices of the pokemos in the market are super exaggerated in order to have a decent team

Everything is extra hard if you try reinvent the wheel. Just find out how other players are doing it first then get the standard gym run team.

You can always experiment with your own strats after you now have enough money to buy mons from gtl without breaking your bank.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:05 PM, AlexDreyk said:
I have managed to find a strategy after millions of times that I have lost and thrown the game into oblivion for at least a week
I'm not a newbie I'm from the old school of poke so I know what I'm talking about
but it is an exaggeration of the time you have to dedicate to obtain money to carry out this task.
I have come to the conclusion that the developers made it so super unfair to avoid getting a lot of money in a short time
since the prices of the pokemos in the market are super exaggerated in order to have a decent team

grind

Edited by nethatar

To build off of everything I said earlier, I will list some pokemon for getting through story easier if that is the concern. 

Krookodile: Moxie ability. Earthquake, Crunch

Starmie: Natural Cure ability. Thunderbolt, surf, Psychic, Power Gem

Haxorus: Mold Break ability. Earthquake, dragon claw

Umbreon: Dark Pulse, Toxic, moonlight

These are all good pokemon that can do well in story. if you're still finding it hard, be sure to get them to the level cap. You don't need to prepare 6 pokemon per gym. In my last post, I referenced a player who uses only piplup the entire run. I've known players to use average pokemon with 6x0 IVs. Some players even run a monotype (a single type of poke) through the entire region. These are just examples to show that it's not impossible and not that difficult. It's difficult enough to be fun and have you put some extra effort, but try to also match a pokemon's move type (physical/special) with their largest attacking stat (attack/special attack)

On 4/4/2022 at 11:05 PM, AlexDreyk said:

I have come to the conclusion that the developers made it so super unfair to avoid getting a lot of money in a short time since the prices of the pokemos in the market are super exaggerated in order to have a decent team

I'd have to disagree with you there... When I first got into doing gym reruns I had a horrible time using the team I'd been using up until that point. Then I spent 47k (GTL pokes, brace items, gender selection) on breeding a pair of Typhlosions, caught a Torkoal and a Cottenee (evolved to Whimsicott) using a couple regular pokeballs, and there's my gym rerun team done.

Making around 300k+ in like an hour and a half, daily, ever since. So yeah I'd have to disagree, it's very fair, easy and fast to get a lot of money in a short time. Plus there are other ways on top of that to make large chunks of money daily that don't take much time or effort at all to do.

Edited by CaptainSir
On 4/5/2022 at 4:05 AM, AlexDreyk said:

damn thats crazy bro

If you optimize your strategy you can do around 16 gym leaders in 1 hour (2 regions). In order to do this you need to be fast, and the only way to achivie it is having a team for grinding gyms and knowing more or less how each gym leader works (you dont need to know every mon just wich lead your team needs. I do not remeber how much money for hour you get, but you need to buy mon. amulet to make more profits.

I will add some strategies:

1º Eartquake + Discharge

Rotom Frost (Timid) 252 Sp Atack 252 Speed / Discharge - Blizzard - coverage movement - Thunderbolt/Volt Switch

Garchomp (Jolly) 252 Atack 252 Speed  / Eartquake - Rock Slide - coverage movement - Dragon Claw

This pair strategy relays on the inmunity and sinergy both mons have with each other. First of all Garchomp is an incredible physical mon, with monstruous atacks, that have acces to Earthquake and even it has Stab on it, in addition it has dragon that is a very good defensive type. His other stat (ground) gives him inmunnity to Rotom's Discharge,

Rotom, in the other hand, has inmunity to Garchomp's Earthquake cause his levitation (ability) so you can spam both atacks without losing life in any of your mons meanwhile destroying both enemy mons at the same time. This is better than focusing on one cause you avoid abilities or objects that make the pokemon not die (like sturdy or focus sash). Other good point of rotom is that is resistant to Surf (thanks to its typing) so you can make it pair with a mon that knows surf and is inmune to electric, like swampert, wishcash or seismitoad.

This pair also has a good coverage with blizzard and rock slide, both double atacks althougth is not very reliable cause the precision is not 100%.

The item you have to equipe them, depends on the gym battle you are figthing, some times you will need shear power and you will equip choice band and choice specs, other time you will need items that let you be more flexible, like soft sand or magnet.

A possible upgrade of this strategy is changing Rotom with Zapdos (which is not avaiable right now, but maybe in the future) cause is another mon with discharge and inmunity to earthquake, it has a better sp. attack and speed than rotom althougth it lacks his blizzard stab.

2º Double Earthquake strategy: This strategy can be achivied with any mon that has acces to Earthquake and is inmune to it. For exemple Double Salamance, cause it has incredible stats and a very good coverage. Maybe is not the optimal strategy but it is the more efficient in the short run, Salamance also has acces to rock slide and can be mixed (atack sp. and atack) adding heat wave to his movepool. Another good one would be dragonair, cause its similar to salamance, but instead of heat wave it has acces to Surf (Salamance's dragon type does resist dragonair surf's). I use slamance and aerodactyl for exemple, cause i have a competitive one and its more worth it to me using aero than brewing a new mon.

3º Double Discharge user's: I have not tried this strategy. But theoretically you could put two Manectrics both with ligthing rod ability and spam discharges, making their special atack grew higher each time. +2 each turn. This strategy is very limited, cause almost all the gym leaders have a way to stop this being inmune to the electric, althougth i think this could be the fastest answer for a few gym leaders.

4º Double Mixed Archeops: I have not tried this strategy, im brewing the archeops to try it in the future. Archeops has very good stats, and a VERY good moveset, it has acces to stab rock slide, to earthquake (being inmune to it) and to heat wave. It has also a very HUGE downside which is his ability, you have to know how to use it to make it effective, i do not recomend this strategy but maybe if you are bored or curious you could try it and tell us if its good.

5º Typlosion Eruption: I do not fully know this strategy but i know is one of the most common and surely is one of the best, it is very well explained in the guides of the forum.

Another good advise is that you buy a Fly's ocarine and Cut's ocarine to have 6 mons that are useful and dont need one with MO.

You can make your time shorter by not healing (you will save only seconds but in the long run maybe this helps)

I hope this helps someone

Edit: Wrong rotom (i put wash, and it is frost)

Edited by PabloJim