Haven't played since 2012, what do I need to know?

Like the above title, I haven't played since Pokémon MMO was basically just Pallet Town, what guides do I need to read, which YouTube videos should i watch? Any good advice would be helpful? I know that gym leaders reset at 18hours and the trainers at 6hrs. Anything additional would be appreciated, especially anything with the newer content or Pokémon MMO specific content.

Yo welcome back man!
well first of all if you have any vanities cosmetics on you, you might be very rich now, not sure if they released something in 2012 XD

This guy does alot of pokemmo content

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5xhFlWBLfJAYmrNbMuLMQQ

but you should first finish all the stories before grinding money or or rerun gyms
also lucky eggs and amulette coins are now consumable.

If you're in need of a steady stream of pokeyen, complete Unova region as this gives you access to two giant berry farming areas. Very easy money and quite a fair bit, just remember to check on your berries occasionally (I check every 6ish hours), so that they don't wither up!

You'll need to buy harvesting tools from Pretty Petal flower shop, which is south of Rustburo City in the Hoenn region, or from a farm attendant NPC in Mistralton City or Abundant Shrine in the Sinnoh region. You use these to harvest seeds from berries, then plant combinations of seeds to grow specific berries. As an alternative you can also buy seeds on the GTL.

It's slow at first, but once you have a routine and both large berry farming areas full of plants, you can make pretty good daily income! Of course this all depends on what berries you're growing and what you're doing with the berries. When either selling the berries or harvesting them to get the seeds, you should always harvest enough seeds to replant your berry patches before you sell the remaining seeds/berries. 

Here's a proper berry farming guide if you want more in-depth details about how berry farming works and what seeds to combine to get specific berries;

Hope this helps and welcome back to the game!! 

Edited by CaptainSir