Can someone pls explain how beatup works on pokemmo?

im trying to get into the nu tier and i faced a mon with bet up. I tried to counter the beat up user with a mon holding rocky helm. ofc this didnt work xd the beat up user only took damage once from rocky helm.

so i was wondering how does beat up work in pokemmo? and how do you guys counter beat up users ? or in particular how do you counter ambipom? So far i have faced it in 90% of the teams i faced and its just a beast xD. Please help me a poor noob thanks ?  

5 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

im trying to get into the nu tier and i faced a mon with bet up. I tried to counter the beat up user with a mon holding rocky helm. ofc this didnt work xd the beat up user only took damage once from rocky helm.

so i was wondering how does beat up work in pokemmo? and how do you guys counter beat up users ? or in particular how do you counter ambipom? So far i have faced it in 90% of the teams i faced and its just a beast xD. Please help me a poor noob thanks ?  

Resuming: Each hit is by one member of  party, that remains alive. So, ambipon will receive effect of Rocky Helmet once, because he hits only once.

Power of each hit is calc with this formula: (Base Attack of a Party Member)/10 + 5. So, if a mon has 200 Atk base, then your hit will have 25 Base Power(200/10 + 5 = 20 + 5 = 25). Remember, each hit will have this independent formula to calc their power
Remember: One hit for each member of party that remains alive. If one faint, then is -1 hit for Beat Up.

Edited by caioxlive13
58 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Resuming: Each hit is by one member of  party, that remains alive. So, ambipon will receive effect of Rocky Helmet once, because he hits only once.

Power of each hit is calc with this formula: (Base Attack of a Party Member)/10 + 5. So, if a mon has 200 Atk base, then your hit will have 25 Base Power(200/10 + 5 = 20 + 5 = 25). Remember, each hit will have this independent formula to calc their power
Remember: One hit for each member of party that remains alive. If one faint, then is -1 hit for Beat Up.

awesome

6 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Steelix, a fighting type like hitmonchan or top, rhydon/golem, poliwrath, drapion, eviolite magneton or gurdurr.

Beat up is NOT a contact move, so you dont take rocky helmet, iron barbs, cant get burned by flame body or paralized by static. Every pokemon alive and with no status condition will hit. 6 pokemon alive and well = 6 hits. if 2 of them are say burned or poisoned, it will be only 4 hits. I dont have the exact dmg formula but basically it has to do with your teamates attack, so if you have 6 pokemon with high attack stat then beat up will do more damage. it also works this way in regular pokemon if I recall correctly.

Edited by JohntheJester