Player Profile

Zekeen

Question

11 answers to this question

While there is nothing wrong with showing off achievements (high PvP tournament placements, making the leaderboards, winning official catching events etcs) not everyone will be want other information to be made public. Information like how many hours they have or how much cash or pvp w/l ratio (information in the user files) as these could often lead to people being targeted by trolls.

18 hours ago, Zekeen said:

if you've been playing for more than 1 year, how many hours, etc. i understand that most of the information is in the user file, but you can only see it yourself, maybe if the person who wants to add you  could see it

I have been one of the unfortunate people who got targeted for sharing how many hours I have ofc I blocked the people afterwards but the damage was already done. So I'm totally against this part of the suggestion.

18 hours ago, Zekeen said:

when we want to add them, it gives  us information about their profile

It essentially means exposing people's information to the public because as you said it people don't have to be your friend to see it. They just have to enter your name and then they have access to information in your player profile which some will use to troll you. I'm sorry but there is no reason why they should make it easier for people to be targeted by trolls.

3 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

While there is nothing wrong with showing off achievements (high PvP tournament placements, making the leaderboards, winning official catching events etcs) not everyone will be want other information to be made public. Information like how many hours they have or how much cash or pvp w/l ratio (information in the user files) as these could often lead to people being targeted by trolls.

I have been one of the unfortunate people who got targeted for sharing how many hours I have ofc I blocked the people afterwards but the damage was already done. So I'm totally against this part of the suggestion.

It essentially means exposing people's information to the public because as you said it people don't have to be your friend to see it. They just have to enter your name and then they have access to information in your player profile which some will use to troll you. I'm sorry but there is no reason why they should make it easier for people to be targeted by trolls.

This can be easily resolved with an option to make your profile private or public, so anyone can choose whether to show their information or not.

4 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Si bien no hay nada de malo en mostrar los logros (ubicaciones altas en torneos PvP, llegar a las tablas de clasificación, ganar eventos oficiales de captura, etc.), no todos querrán que se haga pública otra información. Información como cuántas horas tienen o cuánto dinero en efectivo o pvp w/l ratio (información en los archivos de usuario) , ya que esto a menudo podría llevar a que las personas sean atacadas por trolls.

He sido una de las personas desafortunadas que fueron atacadas por compartir cuántas horas tengo libres. Bloqueé a las personas después, pero el daño ya estaba hecho. Así que estoy totalmente en contra de esta parte de la sugerencia.

Esencialmente significa exponer la información de las personas al público porque, como usted dijo, las personas no tienen que ser sus amigos para verla. Solo tienen que ingresar su nombre y luego tienen acceso a la información en su perfil de jugador que algunos usarán para trolearlo. Lo siento, pero no hay ninguna razón por la que deban facilitar que las personas sean atacadas por trolls.

Let's remember that we are inside a game, wi will always be exposed to trolls, but this will not stop putting god things into the games, you do not need to hide your achievement information that can be shared so as not to be a victim of trolls, i would believe it if you were a famous but you are just a common player like me.

Thanks for your comment. 

25 minutes ago, Makarovs said:

This can be easily resolved with an option to make your profile private or public, so anyone can choose whether to show their information or not.

With the fact that you can put private how many hours you have been playing among other elements is fine, it is respectable, but if you hide all your information as unique achievements, the suggestion that  i proposed  would not apply.

Thanks for your comment.

1 hour ago, Zekeen said:

With the fact that you can put private how many hours you have been playing among other elements is fine, it is respectable, but if you hide all your information as unique achievements, the suggestion that  i proposed  would not apply.

Thanks for your comment.

I'm fine with players having the choice to show or hide any information on their profile, I completely disagree with having something mandatory.

I totally second this idea. We have so many decorational stuff, PvP Brackets, Vanities, Ribbons, Pokedex and such, it'd be nice to check the profile of player or show off a bit.  Plus maybe locations and stuff ingame, such as discord does it, where we would see where someone is.

Imo it doesnt even need to be just for friends, but also for random people, as long we are able to hide particular informations as some here already mentioned. Jus' little checkboxes such as "show/hide pvp status" or "show/hide location" etc. Even tho, i couldnt care less personaly but i respect ppl that want privacy in a mmo. (huehue)

Edited by Johnwaynee