Pokemon MMO Uber Teir Discussion -

Tyrantar - this game doesn't have any legendries uber teir only has one pokemon. shouldn't go into how powerful this pokemon is but sense we may have people who do not know. ill explain its ability is sand-stream this pokemon also has rock type so gains massive boost to special defense - 

Exadrill <Sand Rush> - Exadrill in ou without sand rush is fine. but when it has sand rush its an uber without a doubt. this thing can sweep teams with ease - ban from ou-

Metagross - Ban from ou - this thing is really op only has few threats

Garchomp - Ban From ou - this pokemon has been overly used almost every team ive come across.

Hydreigon/Volcarona - Both Ban from ou being to powerful for ou

Time put some pokemon where they belong sense these this game doesn't have ubers mons probably never will its type make some

Let me give you little Pokémon completive history lesson - there was reason why these pokemon in there history was pushed into ubers. some-point most of that. they managed to do just fine. in that teir. however pokemon mmo is different. we don't have legendries probably never will . that is perfectly fine. rather not have lugia, ho-ho other legendries recking havoc. however it proven in past exadrills sandrush abilitie was way too strong and then it was forced into ubers. as long didn't have sand-rush ability it was fine stay in OU. however t-tyr is whole different problem all together have super busted pokemon. having all right abilities right places.  T-tyr has found itself in ubers few times in the past

cause of fact we have no legendries and fact t-tyr is a threat and makes pvp unfun in ou. it should be immensity banned. same can be said about other pokemon. unhealthy pvp isn't acceptable. when 20-30 every person team has one of pokemon listed in there team. it creates a unfun pvp experence.  everyone using same thing. there was reason why these mons put into ubers in past in first place

1 hour ago, Metalkitty66 said:

Let me give you little Pokémon completive history lesson - there was reason why these pokemon in there history was pushed into ubers. some-point most of that. they managed to do just fine. in that teir. however pokemon mmo is different. we don't have legendries probably never will . that is perfectly fine. rather not have lugia, ho-ho other legendries recking havoc. however it proven in past exadrills sandrush abilitie was way too strong and then it was forced into ubers. as long didn't have sand-rush ability it was fine stay in OU. however t-tyr is whole different problem all together have super busted pokemon. having all right abilities right places.  T-tyr has found itself in ubers few times in the past

cause of fact we have no legendries and fact t-tyr is a threat and makes pvp unfun in ou. it should be immensity banned. same can be said about other pokemon. unhealthy pvp isn't acceptable. when 20-30 every person team has one of pokemon listed in there team. it creates a unfun pvp experence.  everyone using same thing. there was reason why these mons put into ubers in past in first place

Either you're extremely lost and have no idea what you're talking about, or you're just trolling.

Ubers is a level where those mons that endanger the general balance of OU go, in that tier there are only mons that would break OU.
To give you an example, lowering a Pokémon from Ubers to OU would cause a similar effect to when Lucario lowered to UU, there was just no way to stop it.

Tyranitar can take whatever he wants, he can hit hard on a cb set, but there's Dugtrio, Conkeldurr, Scizor and a stupidly high amount of mons that will slow him down just fine, he doesn't unbalance the meta at all, and the same goes for Excadrill, there are several mons that slow him down under sandstorm: there's Rotom bold, Milotic, Hippowdon, Conkeldurr if Excadrill is below 60% without needing to be burned (Burned can lower him if he's at 100% of his HP), you have Dugtrio to lower him if there are no rocks in your field, Bronzong stops it... even Haxorus, nobody uses Haxorus and stops Exca with no problem.

What you're bringing up is no offense really stupid so I'm going to assume you're a player with little or no experience and give you some good advice practice and improve your build because if those mons break you so much you want them at Ubers, either you don't know how to play against them and you lack practice, or your build is completely bad and needs improvement.

>People using the same thing over and over again in OU

Since when has that ever changed for the tier? LOL
Even if you do ban a supposedly broken Pokemon, another one will rise to take its place.

I'm also surprised you didn't mention anything about rain teams. Swift Swim+Drizzle was also banned back in Gen 5 since we're talking history. Specs/Life Orb Kingdra is okay, but Excadrill is inexcusable? I'm also pretty sure a rain team can absolutely wreck all the Pokemon you've mentioned.
And here's another historical fact, generation 5 revolved a lot around weather wars. You don't like the sand? Turn it off with rain or sun. Or heck, use the sand to your advantage as well.
Tyranitar has amazing stats, but tons of weaknesses. Metagross is strong, but slow as well, it was even considered UU at some point. Garchomp and Hydreigon have already been given a nerf to stay in OU. Volcarona can be walled by some Pokemon and I don't think I even need to mention Stealth Rocks.
I don't exactly find OU very thrilling myself, it's definitely not a tier for everyone, but it's one you can adapt to if you put your mind to it.

This is the type of person who probably spams rain teams in every OU match - I've seen them in the official MMO Discord and they never listen to anybody's counter-arguments, they just like hearing the sound of their own voice.

By their logic Starmie and Weavile should also be banned as they are faster and can 1 KO Garchomp, Hydreigon, Dragonite Gengar, Breloom, Mienshao, Reuniclus, etc...

If anyone wants to hear more of this person's great advice feel free to check the competitive channel in the official MMO Discord:

image.png.38301c94fc0cb227dbea4330ac911919.png

8 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Bronzong stops it... even Haxorus, nobody uses Haxorus and stops Exca with no problem.

I guess that Haxorus have more usage than Bronzong, but Ok...
Haxorus is too rejected on PokéMMO OU Metagaming, but idk the reason. He are the only mon on OU that can get Mold Breaker, one of best abilities of competitive(Excadrill have Mold Breaker, but is HA, so we desconsider him because at the time that i write this, we don't get HA yet.), that allows him to use their moves, ignoring other ability's effect. Levitate? Negated, My EQ will hit you. Sand Veil? I bypass him. He also gets dragon dance, a move that some mon doesn't have(Garchomp),allowing him to boost their Atk and Speed, and have fine stats. Resuming: Isn't a bad pokemon, but are rejected on MMO metagaming.

6 hours ago, Imperial said:

If anyone wants to hear more of this person's great advice feel free to check the competitive channel in the official MMO Discord:

Going, it's never a bad time for a laugh

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

I guess that Haxorus have more usage than Bronzong, but Ok...
Haxorus is too rejected on PokéMMO OU Metagaming, but idk the reason. He are the only mon on OU that can get Mold Breaker, one of best abilities of competitive(Excadrill have Mold Breaker, but is HA, so we desconsider him because at the time that i write this, we don't get HA yet.), that allows him to use their moves, ignoring other ability's effect. Levitate? Negated, My EQ will hit you. Sand Veil? I bypass him. He also gets dragon dance, a move that some mon doesn't have(of best abilities of competitive(Excadrill have Mold Breaker, but is HA, so we desconsider him because at the time that i write this, we don't get HA yet.), that allows him to use their moves, ignoring other ability's effect. Levitate? Negated, My EQ will hit you. Sand Veil? I bypass him. He also gets dragon dance, a move that some mon doesn't have(Garchomp),allowing him to boost their Atk and Speed, and have fine stats. Resuming: Isn't a bad pokemon, but are rejected on MMO metagaming.

And at what point did I say it was bad?

We have no plans currently to ban any of the mentioned things, if you think something should be discussed please bring them up, in the appropriate thread, in your case since you are looking to get things banned from the over used tier, you would want to use this thread

• Munya locked this topic