Hidden abilities implementation on currently owned Pokemon

Underabused

Question

Hi.

I'm wondering whether hidden abilities, when added, will be obtainable by already existing caught and bred Pokemon?

The reason I'm asking this is because there are rumours that they could be added in the near future together with dungeons?

It might not seem that important at first glance, but there is a lot of players with 5x31 or even 6x31 Pokemon, which they have invested a lot of money and/or time into.

Considering how important and powerful certain hidden abilities are, those nigh-perfect or even perfect IV and natured Pokemon may become obsolete - you wouldn't want to use them and nobody would want to buy them for PvP either.

Things get considerably more tragic if the Pokemon in question is also a shiny Pokemon, as the ammount of time and money invested into breeding the same form of a shiny Pokemon is much, much greater.

My suggestion would be to add a special ability pill of some sort as a rare drop in dungeons that would change the Pokemon's ability into the hidden one - that way people would have more incentive to do them (besides grinding for rare and shiny Pokemon, as is always the case). Or something along those lines... the main point is to let people make better use of their already owned Pokemon once hidden abilities are a thing.

As as example of such a tragic occurance in case of only newly caught Pokemon having access to hidden abilities I present one of my own competitively bred shinies (I know it's not perfect, but it's very close; I'm sure there are plenty players with even better IV shinies) - a shiny Nidoqueen, which desperately needs access to the hidden ability Sheer Power to really shine in NU (or even UU):

Thanks

hidden-abilities-puriz.jpg

13 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Dont quote me on that but I've read post (to be fair they are quite old) that you wont be able to get the hiddenabillities on existing Pokemons.

I can see the logic but honestly screw this game if they do that.

It's fine economically for us older players, but for the more newer ones that's kind of a big F U considering the amount of Pokemon which will need to be reobtained because they're more optimal with HAs...

4 hours ago, Imperial said:

It's fine economically for us older players, but for the more newer ones that's kind of a big F U considering the amount of Pokemon which will need to be reobtained because they're more optimal with HAs...

The only thing for doing that is to force the players to grind more hours

I agree with the author's point. A rare drop to convert nature would satisfy all involved parties. It would accomplish the devs' goal of having PvP and PvE players involved in dungeons and it would also quell any potential anger from the PvP community from having a large chunk of their competitive mons and teams become useless in any foreseeable PokeMMO meta. 

18 minutes ago, DragoTamer said:

I agree with the author's point. A rare drop to convert nature would satisfy all involved parties. It would accomplish the devs' goal of having PvP and PvE players involved in dungeons and it would also quell any potential anger from the PvP community from having a large chunk of their competitive mons and teams become useless in any foreseeable PokeMMO meta. 

I doubly agree. Ive spent the last 3 years of my life (sadly?) Finding and breeding shiny pokemon specifically for their Hidden Abilities when they get here. Legit. I have a whole team, built just from kanto pokemon. And yes "OT or release" was the rule in mind...

The thought of having to not only encounter another shiny vulpix, but ALSO hope that it has the coveted ability, and comes out with nice IVs for fear of losing it buring the breed....nightmare fuel...hopefully, these abilities are implemented with older and newer players kept in mind. Missing out on regenerator shine-Bro would genuinely cripple my fragile little heart

On 5/19/2022 at 11:07 AM, Imperial said:

Yeah thats what their goal is; to screw all players by making us rebreed our pokemon in order to get HA on them.

I complained about this 4 years ago and honestly mostly stopped playing, pretty saddened to come back to see what they've done with the game.

They said "soon" 4 years ago so I quit.. been checking every year since.. and looks like they gave up on the daily rotation dungeon they planned on doing to release these HA pokemon and are doing limited special events, with none in the forseeable future.. so these ha pokemon "alphas" have hidden abilities but regular versions of the same pokemon do not; they screwed us.

Edited by greenspade
On 6/8/2022 at 7:05 PM, mateusvictor said:

I heard that HA leaked, and that you could get it by breed, I sincerely hope there is another way to get HA other than by breed that I spent millions and millions to make my competitive shinys perfect.

And we also have the Shiny PVP and PVE rewards that are untradable

Yeah thats how I feel too, dozens of pokemon, multiples of each.. and they expect me to rebreed them all in order to get HA?

Its bloody insanity, I don't think they are even thinking about the amount of grief they are causing their players.

well, luckily it seems they've taken our complaints into consideration and we are able to get HA on existing pokemon as well without having to rebreed them

it is a bit more expensive than it should be in my opinion, but it's still a vast improvement over what we were worried would happen