Problems with Pokémon mmo (I am being serious)

Gonna be blunt - List below

- Balancing both pvp/pve the same this needs to stop there two different things dont follow same rules shouldn't follow tournament rules regularations. those are things should only exist for pvp and pvp alone - balancing the game purely on pvp <-stop doing this

- Removing Legendries - we do not need anything special. if worried about them effecting pvp then make it so they cant be used in pvp. but perfectly fine to get them use them in pve, cause pvp isn't pve not the same never should be

- Hidden Abilities - just should be added gained normally no need make super special dungeon. we got players who are completely new to pokemon. taking both legendries and hidden abilities out. again shows this game is purely baised when comes to pvp. doesn't care for pvb content what made organial games enjoyable.

- To many functions not functioning al this moment

- Not adding Johto and not showing any love for pokemon in general.

- never communicating or talking about future updates or is if there is gonna be any future updates at all. 

- Heonn looking awful needing visual update

These are major issues with current game. as far as im concerned couldn't care about pvp. its got enough attention lately we need focus on things make a pokemon game. not take things away. that the devs personally don't like cause pokemon community as whole. we all have different opinions what are favorite starter is this can be said about our favorite regions. shouldnt disrespect people have love for pokemon games

- When say your gonna do something like add hidden abilities, legendries and what not its important that you talk to the communities that support your game. get nothing but silence. no teasers or any hints of the future

my friends play this game with me often get questions tossed at me. like why dont we have legendries or have hidden abilities my reply to them cause this game balience around pvp. is against any type of casual fun. 

Edited by Metalkitty66

I see a big problem in players of this style thinking only of myself, I want to have a zapdos next to my partner, but you have to think of everything else, for example: they insert legendary, people could exchange / sell them, you would only have 1 per adventure with x ivs or x nature? it's a big change for PVE because you insert legendaries it's not the same to go through the pokemon story without legendaries or anything like that to break the whole balance that exists just to be able to have a zapdos walking behind you.

"Not adding Johto and not showing any love for pokemon in general."

a totally unnecessary attack , this is a good project that combines many games that we like and allows us to do many things it is not a rom insert and it 's over , it takes a lot of work to make this game .
Lack of communication ...
when they have to say important things they are going to say them, but I am sorry to tell you that they are not slaves to anyone to be saying what they do at all times

15 hours ago, Metalkitty66 said:

never communicating or talking about future updates or is if there is gonna be any future updates at all. 

6 minutes ago, redhawkzx said:

when they have to say important things they are going to say them, but I am sorry to tell you that they are not slaves to anyone to be saying what they do at all times

I think considering that people have the option spend money on this game some more communication about the development (or lack thereof) is very reasonable. Its not like some fan passion project; The devs are gaining revenue from it. I understand that they aren't locked in a basement working away 24/7  however every decent MMO has communication/ a roadmap

having legendary pokemon would make pve event bosses too easy to beat, for halloween all you'd need is three kyogre with scarf water spout, or three groudon with scarf eruption. 

features not being implemented are down to a mixture of the feature not adding much to the game and the game devs working on other bigger things

Johto not being added is because it doesnt add all that much to the game (like adding exclusive pokemon, move tutors, or items) it would purely be for the story.

i cant comment on your other points, its just my two cense 

1 hour ago, Etozuri said:

I think considering that people have the option spend money on this game some more communication about the development (or lack thereof) is very reasonable. Its not like some fan passion project; The devs are gaining revenue from it. I understand that they aren't locked in a basement working away 24/7  however every decent MMO has communication/ a roadmap

There are different levels of communication for the size of the programming team that there is compared to other mmo I see it as reasonable.

@Metalkitty66 I would like to commend you on having one of the worst list of suggestions/proposed changes I've read in a while on these forums.

- Balancing both pvp/pve the same this needs to stop there two different things dont follow same rules shouldn't follow tournament rules regularations. those are things should only exist for pvp and pvp alone - balancing the game purely on pvp <-stop doing this

I hope they do not stop doing this.

- Removing Legendries - we do not need anything special. if worried about them effecting pvp then make it so they cant be used in pvp. but perfectly fine to get them use them in pve, cause pvp isn't pve not the same never should be

I am glad they made this decision and would be even more ecstatic if they stripped them from all privileged accounts. My personal preference leans towards not seeing everyone with a legendary sprite walking around the overworld through normal means. If it involves dungeons/raids or other difficult ways for an extended limited amount of time I'd welcome that.

- Hidden Abilities - just should be added gained normally no need make super special dungeon. we got players who are completely new to pokemon. taking both legendries and hidden abilities out. again shows this game is purely baised when comes to pvp. doesn't care for pvb content what made organial games enjoyable.

No thank you. I prefer an alternative way for obtaining hidden abilities. Thankfully they have not publicly implemented what you are suggesting here as of yet. I for one would love a special dungeon where at the end you are given an option for an HA that is determined by RNG (requiring multiple instances if you are not happy with the outcome).

- To many functions not functioning al this moment

Too vague and I disagree.

- Not adding Johto and not showing any love for pokemon in general.

Not surprised to see this suggestion, especially with what I've seen from you so far. I'd like to reiterate again that I am glad this has not been their primary focus yet (from what they have stated). I hope Johto is never added at this rate, so I can use it as a filter for certain users (jk?).

I feel they have a lot of love for pokemon... I feel as though you are too obsessed and blinded at this point to see it.

- never communicating or talking about future updates or is if there is gonna be any future updates at all. 

It may not be to your preference but they definitely have and still are. Delays are unfortunate but lying here like you have does not help your cause.

- Heonn looking awful needing visual update

Another awful suggestion. Lol.

1 hour ago, Travelers said:

@Metalkitty66 I would like to commend you on having one of the worst list of suggestions/proposed changes I've read in a while on these forums.

I hope they do not stop doing this.

I am glad they made this decision and would be even more ecstatic if they stripped them from all privileged accounts. My personal preference leans towards not seeing everyone with a legendary sprite walking around the overworld through normal means. If it involves dungeons/raids or other difficult ways for an extended limited amount of time I'd welcome that.

No thank you. I prefer an alternative way for obtaining hidden abilities. Thankfully they have not publicly implemented what you are suggesting here as of yet. I for one would love a special dungeon where at the end you are given an option for an HA that is determined by RNG (requiring multiple instances if you are not happy with the outcome).

Too vague and I disagree.

Not surprised to see this suggestion, especially with what I've seen from you so far. I'd like to reiterate again that I am glad this has not been their primary focus yet (from what they have stated). I hope Johto is never added at this rate, so I can use it as a filter for certain users (jk?).

I feel they have a lot of love for pokemon... I feel as though you are too obsessed and blinded at this point to see it.

It may not be to your preference but they definitely have and still are. Delays are unfortunate but lying here like you have does not help your cause.

Another awful suggestion. Lol.

I'm not sure who you are but you could not have phrased this any better, especially considering the deficiency of the OP. 

I've seen a bunch of discussion about legendaries so far and the argument against is always the same "Oh, but Kyogre exists, so now I only need 2 minutes to do something that took 3 before and that will lead to the Great Depression" and as a filthy casual, I find it so cringe. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that there are people, who've invested a lot of time and effort into this game and the thought of changes being made based of the endless whinning of crybabies like OP is scary, but you do realize that whatever is deemed unhealthy for the game can be nerfed, right? Or straight up not implemented? Fuck Kyogre, just don't add the uguu, if it's so so so so problematic. Heck, as far as I'm concerned, you can give legendaries the overleveled treatment and make them faint whenever they enter battle, but I'd still like to have them, even if it's just for the sake of having them.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:46 AM, Metalkitty66 said:

my friends play this game with me often get questions tossed at me. like why dont we have legendries or have hidden abilities my reply to them cause this game balience around pvp. is against any type of casual fun. 

as how it should be this game barely got pve content just deal with it

My take on this:
The PokeMMO devs definitely work on the game (bug fixes and seasonal events, and the occasional new region every few years) but they're too busy/can't be bothered to implement features that will shake the status quo of PvP AND PvE. Adding legendaries and HAs will require a lot of balancing and discussions, which is why I think they're taking their time with it.
I'd imagine making new sprites and boss mechanics (jumpeon, halloween event, etc..) takes significantly more coding and development work than just adding new abilities. 

They ARE very focused on PvP because that's mostly what the official endgame for main line games are. You don't see official catching or shiny hunting contests, do you? Yet we get frequent catching events multiple times a week. Unfortunately not everyone can attend those either because either the region is locked or live in different time zones, which is why that alone doesn't fix the lack of PvE content. We definitely need to spice things up a bit and make PokeMMO feel like, well, a MMO as in farm together with friends, share exp, go together in dungeons, etc... .  If HAs are what we're going to farm in dungeons, so be it. I'd like new particle effects to be farmable there too, with a lower rate than swarms during Halloween and Christmas since dungeons are going to be permanent content (I think).

They really do need to implement the missing modes/minigames in the game, it's quite jarring to see the "This function is not implemented yet" message randomly when I sometimes talk to NPCs. I'm fine with them working on that after dungeons and other more relevant stuff of course. 

While it is weird that Sinnoh and Unova are there but Johto isn't, especially since they had to work and integrate 3D into the game which I imagine is more work than adding another 2D region in Johto, I do think that Johto won't really add much content wise. We'd only get new hordes, and a couple more gyms for our daily gym runs. While that does sound cool, newer content that's not more of the same sounds cooler. 

I'd also like them to add more tiers, but seeing as how they yeeted LC as soon as they found it wasn't that popular instead of incentivizing people to play it by adding it to matchmaking doesn't instill much hope.

Edited by RenDude
On 5/17/2022 at 1:36 AM, razimove said:

I can't believe how many idiotic replies i got for giving on honest gold critic. but haters gonna hate. so gonna answer some of dumb responses

About Legendries being added - if you so worried bout them being sold. just do them like you did masterball make sure they cant be sold. cant be traded can be used for pvp. problems any points made after this is invalded as far pvp balience is conserned don't see it hurting all that much. regi's are all trash. dogs and birds only thats good is flying electric one. moltlross. gen 5 dears of justice all bad. only 3 genjis where good when they had there forms. however big ones only ones ppl really worried about is heonn legendries, mewtwo and even dragon legendries in gen 5 not all that great only good legendries in 4 dragon steel one

guys put overstatement how powerful legendries are when a bidoof can sweep whole lot of them, if they cant be traded or cant be used for pvp. its not hurting anything. your agruement means nothing

Pokemmo fanboys need get over yourself this game isn't without its flaws no game is. I love to see this game approve. anyone. only reason why doesn't we have much of cry-babies who cant handle any criticism when it evolves this game. instead of trying brown nose the devs give you free shiny how about trying help them come with way they can make the game better instead ruining it for everyone else 

look here not gonna call something ugly beautiful simply because I  dont want hurt anyone's feelings to heck with your feelings or fact that your brown nosing for cause want free shinies if not here try make this game and community better then get hell out my post. there are people care this games future, and want see great things happen. for that to happen communication is key.  not only care but put money in this game future. dont got no time for selfish childish crap

when something wrong with the game let devs know so they can fix it. dont ignore it don't say shit. dont tell be quiet when clearly game devs aren't listening. by telling people not to speak up your basically cancer to growthe of this game when they have conserns and critism

Rendude, thanks for your counter agruement so ill explain mine

Everyone is different everyone has different meaning what pokemon end game is. no its not officially just pvp.  its not everything side quests content to do most pokemon games have pvb post game, getting that legendry was apart of that post game,  or breeding whatever.  your wrong about that

Second - Hear this alot "Johto doesn't add much" no your completely wrong here way. thats only game where had total 16 gym battles. was only game where you could fight red demon himself. Johto story is enough alone to add it to game instead of having all its pokemon scattered, team battles? worried about it being same as kento just make everyone super hard call it super johto or something PROBLEM Solved

region that is known to be hardiest is series. show some respect clearly anyone who says Johto doesn't add much never fully played gen 2 have . clearly never ever played and finished gen 2 stay in your line kid dont go acting like you know what gen 2 is about never ever touched it yourself

Edited by Metalkitty66