Update 08/06: Competitive Change Analysis

The intent of this thread is discuss the changes that happens on Movesets and Mechanics after the Changelog 08/06.

I'm putting some topics here to be commented. Mention me if want to add a new topic, quote to start discussing about one. Try to leave all your opinion about some topic on one reply, because i will put the link to your reply on the topic spoiler.

• King's Rock and Razor Fang: Nerfed , but returned.
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

Both Items were banned because of one single combo. Cloyster + Skill Link + 5-Hit move. The combo is, on vision of Tier Council, "Anticompetitive"(For me, Togekiss abuses from RNG, in a Anticompetitive Way, more than Cloyster. Can literally double the chance of a secondary effect, some of them are very good, like Ancient Power , that buff all stats, barely HP, Evasion and Accuracy, in one stage without any costs. The chance is 10%, but for Serene Grace Togekiss, is 20%.), and are banned on april. Not lasted 2 months on Banlist and they maked a nerf to reintroduct it.

Link to Teleport directly to Answers: 

• Scizor Close Combat: Danger to Metagaming?
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

• Togekiss Calm Mind : A New Stall King?
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

• Infernape Drain Punch: A viable move to Life Orb Users, Or better leave Close Combat?
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

• Machamp Banned from NU: Correct ban or you believe that a suspect test is necessary?
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

• Several LC mons earning moves, during LCPL. Anything Broken for LC Metagaming, that have potential to ruin LCPL?(Unofficial)
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

• All starters, Except Blaziken, getting Hidden Abilitys. Some of them can be OU on future?
  • Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

• Weezing Reactive Gas(devs's mistake. The correct name is Neutralizing Gas) Danger, alongside with Slaking, on a Doubles Format?
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

To be Maked

Edited by caioxlive13

27 minutes ago, epicdavenport said:

Has any mention about them been made?

One of the patch notes mentioned that ability pill now lets you chose which ability you want to change to. But pokemons only have 2 abilities...

Spoiler

or do they? Hidden abilites SoonTM

Edited by JohntheJester
1 hour ago, razimove said:

Man I swear, even if im in a really crappy mood lately, reading caio speak about kings rock and how its fair always manages to give me a smile. Thank you.

Togekiss is here and he are perfectly healthy to metagaming, right? (Before you coment: "But you only use togekiss as a example of hax abuser", In all Discussion threads about KR, including the one maked by a Tier Council member,  Only mentioned Cloyster as a example of KR abuser.)

Now, King's Rock is healthy on Metagaming. The combo that make it broken now are Patched. Now, nothing can abuse from it in a anticompetitive way. Togekiss can abuse a little, however if intent is flinch, Togekiss users prefer to run Air Slash.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Munya locked this topic