Optimal PvE Pickup Teddiursa, Munchlax, and Meowth [with leveling strategies]

• 3 weeks later...

I did a quick search for a friend who wants to single shunt bagon with munchlax while earning some extra yen. After running some calcs, here are the details of what to use:

Bagon: will faint with payday

Lunatone & Solrock: singles encounters and horde encounters only faint with rock slide

I recommend using the item wide lens to ensure 99% accuracy with rock slide.

Edited by DragoTamer
On 9/4/2022 at 8:55 PM, LOBOSCO said:

Hi Drogo! It's amazing u guide! Can u recommend me a Banette for Farm?.

Thank you!

For Banette farming, I recommend the following build:

Pokemon: Banette

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Firsk

IVs: 31 in attack and 31 in speed

EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 HP

Banette can obtain an item from a Pokemon while simultaneously fainting said Pokemon.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2022 at 1:11 AM, DragoTamer said:

Thank you for this insight! I'll rerun the calcs for Mantine. Teddiursa was meant to thin out Mantine for any good captures, but it looks like that advantage has a wider margin of error than I thought. It seems that Discharge or another option is a better move. Just in case you were looking for an alternate horde for Special Defense EVs, I recommend Tentacruel at the Hoenn Battle Frontier! Thanks again for providing that data!

I think the error was that you calculated for single encounters instead of multiple enemies. aoe moves do 75% damage if hitting multiple targets. 

https://www.pikalytics.com/calc?attSet=eyJuYW1lIjoiVGVkZGl1cnNhIiwic2V0Ijp7ImFiaWxpdHkiOiIiLCJldnMiOnsiYXQiOjIwMiwiZGYiOjAsImhwIjowLCJzYSI6MjUyLCJzZCI6MCwic3AiOjU2fSwiaXRlbSI6IkNob2ljZSBTcGVjcyIsImxldmVsIjoxMDAsIm1vdmVzIjpbIkVhcnRocXVha2UiLCJIeXBlciBWb2ljZSJdLCJpdnMiOnsiYXRrIjozMSwiZGVmIjozMSwiaHAiOjMxLCJzcGEiOjMxLCJzcGQiOjMxLCJzcGUiOjMxfSwibmF0dXJlIjoiTWlsZCJ9fQ==&defSet=eyJuYW1lIjoiTWFudGluZSIsInNldCI6eyJhYmlsaXR5IjoiIiwiZXZzIjp7ImF0IjowLCJkZiI6MCwiaHAiOjAsInNhIjowLCJzZCI6MCwic3AiOjB9LCJpdGVtIjoiIiwibGV2ZWwiOjQ1LCJtb3ZlcyI6W10sIml2cyI6eyJhdGsiOjMxLCJkZWYiOjMxLCJocCI6MzEsInNwYSI6MzEsInNwZCI6MzEsInNwZSI6MzF9LCJuYXR1cmUiOiJDYWxtIn19 

According to this, Teddi with your nature/EV, guaranteed kill on mantine hordes (special defense nature, max iv) would be lvl 45 and below. 

Single encounter mantines would be as you said, lvl 53 and below. 

Lemme know if this is accurate or if the error was something else entirely. 

Great guide! Imma see if I can build a perfect teddi and munchlax now 🙂 

On 10/15/2022 at 12:58 AM, dl5806 said:

I think the error was that you calculated for single encounters instead of multiple enemies. aoe moves do 75% damage if hitting multiple targets. 

https://www.pikalytics.com/calc?attSet=eyJuYW1lIjoiVGVkZGl1cnNhIiwic2V0Ijp7ImFiaWxpdHkiOiIiLCJldnMiOnsiYXQiOjIwMiwiZGYiOjAsImhwIjowLCJzYSI6MjUyLCJzZCI6MCwic3AiOjU2fSwiaXRlbSI6IkNob2ljZSBTcGVjcyIsImxldmVsIjoxMDAsIm1vdmVzIjpbIkVhcnRocXVha2UiLCJIeXBlciBWb2ljZSJdLCJpdnMiOnsiYXRrIjozMSwiZGVmIjozMSwiaHAiOjMxLCJzcGEiOjMxLCJzcGQiOjMxLCJzcGUiOjMxfSwibmF0dXJlIjoiTWlsZCJ9fQ==&defSet=eyJuYW1lIjoiTWFudGluZSIsInNldCI6eyJhYmlsaXR5IjoiIiwiZXZzIjp7ImF0IjowLCJkZiI6MCwiaHAiOjAsInNhIjowLCJzZCI6MCwic3AiOjB9LCJpdGVtIjoiIiwibGV2ZWwiOjQ1LCJtb3ZlcyI6W10sIml2cyI6eyJhdGsiOjMxLCJkZWYiOjMxLCJocCI6MzEsInNwYSI6MzEsInNwZCI6MzEsInNwZSI6MzF9LCJuYXR1cmUiOiJDYWxtIn19 

According to this, Teddi with your nature/EV, guaranteed kill on mantine hordes (special defense nature, max iv) would be lvl 45 and below. 

Single encounter mantines would be as you said, lvl 53 and below. 

Lemme know if this is accurate or if the error was something else entirely. 

Great guide! Imma see if I can build a perfect teddi and munchlax now 🙂 

Thanks for the information! I've been really busy so I haven't been able to take a second look, but what you said makes sense. I'll have to take a look myself soon and edit it accordingly. Ultimately I would recommend anyone using Mantine hordes for special defense to use tentacruel hordes at the Battle Frontier and Pelipper Hordes at the water near the entrance of Hoenn victory road. Thanks again for the taking the time to submit feedback!

On 9/7/2022 at 2:14 AM, DragoTamer said:

Thank you!

For Banette farming, I recommend the following build:

Pokemon: Banette

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Firsk

IVs: 31 in attack and 31 in speed

EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 HP

Banette can obtain an item from a Pokemon while simultaneously fainting said Pokemon.

For Banette I'm looking at this moveset:

Thief - obv

Skill Swap - remove Sticky Hold

Trick - More longevity before running back to PC or if I forget to take an item off and want to try to upgrade from a Hard Rock to a fossil

Shadow Sneak - Priority STAB attack

Is this more/less the same as yours or are there some situations that call for specific moves I'm missing?

57 minutes ago, theothersamb said:

For Banette I'm looking at this moveset:

Thief - obv

Skill Swap - remove Sticky Hold

Trick - More longevity before running back to PC or if I forget to take an item off and want to try to upgrade from a Hard Rock to a fossil

Shadow Sneak - Priority STAB attack

Is this more/less the same as yours or are there some situations that call for specific moves I'm missing?

That looks good to me. I see many people going with just thief, but it seems you have thought this out well!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 7:09 AM, johnestan said:

Great guide! I think there is a mistake in your mantine damage calculations. I caught these 4 that all survived a hyper voice from a Lv. 100 teddiursa with maxed out special attack and choice specs. I going to use a different pokemon to handle mantine hordes. I can only 1 hit KO about 2/3 of the hordes. I don't think any other pokemon with pickup can hit any harder. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.30.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.30.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.29.57 PM.png

Pachirisu

On 9/3/2022 at 2:06 AM, LucasLyn5 said:

Thanks for this guide!

Munchlax was a pain to breed.

Got it tho :3

For those that want a visual;

image.png.ca2b526f81243763d89ad2c685191a44.pngimage.png.7ec16355cfc081de837d13ff2fcc0981.pngimage.png.8175ea4685c1a1afc0f9278af9618ddd.png

Bit of a over kill

• DragoTamer changed the title to Optimal PvE Pickup Teddiursa, Munchlax, and Meowth [with leveling strategies]

I recently updated Meowth's nature. I added the second best and third best natures with explanations in case someone rolls naught or lonely and doesn't want to spend more yen to nature meowth. I encourage your meowth, however, to be 3x31 in attack, special attack, and speed.