How a beginner can choose the best moveset for his pokemon

well i would like to know, about how to choose the best moveset for my pokemon to make it strong in both pvp and story mode, for example a Zangoose how can i know what the best iv is for him? if it's atk and def, or a gengar if a good iv for it is speed and atk, and what are the best moves I can put on it and if there is any website to help me with this...

8 hours ago, JOAOSAN said:

well i would like to know, about how to choose the best moveset for my pokemon to make it strong in both pvp and story mode, for example a Zangoose how can i know what the best iv is for him? if it's atk and def, or a gengar if a good iv for it is speed and atk, and what are the best moves I can put on it and if there is any website to help me with this...

You can use Smogon what you need most in addition to using a calculator to put possible scenarios of possible results of battles.

Generally speaking, 5x31 is one of the best ways to go assuming there is no concern regarding the pokeyen investment. As for nature, it's important to keep in mind that it differs for what you're trying to do. For example, you might think Jolly or Adamant on a Salamence are your main two options to increase attack/speed and lower special attack, but you can go Naive for a mixed attacker or even bold. Going back to IVs, you may want 4x31, 1x0 for a Trick Room team or you want a 0 in the attack stat with a special attacker to reduce confusion damage. These sets can determine what type of moveset you run.

For story, a general rule of thumb I always say is if the pokemon has a higher physical attack stat, teach them physical attack moves. This is general because there are some exceptions, but regardless, story isn't something you need to take very seriously unless you're doing a Nuzlocke challenge or something else. 

For PvP, my best advice is to find a mentor or mentors because it's like a complex puzzle and I lack any notable experience to delve into that more than I already have.